PDA

View Full Version : Changing rule sets.

Grendel111111
April 26th, 2020, 02:00
Sorry but I am very new here. I was wondering if you can change rule sets after setting up a campaign. I have some player who only play 5e and some who play savage worlds. I wanted to make 1 adventure to run twice. So make all the text, maps, etc. Then make 2 copies of the campaign. in the first put the savage worlds rules on and set difficulties, NPC's etc for that system, and then do the same for 5e without having to reenter all the text, maps, etc.

Griogre
April 26th, 2020, 02:30
Welcome to the boards Grendel.

Let's put it this way. The only thing you need to run a game in FG is monsters/NPCs and maps (assuming you use voice chat in your games). So the easiest thing to do would be to just input those in each separate ruleset campaign and then run it off a common set of adventure notes which you might or might not bother to input in FG. Does that make sense?

LordEntrails
April 26th, 2020, 03:36
Create a 'development' campaign using the CoreRPG ruleset. Enter your maps and stories. Export it as a module.

Create Savage Worlds 'development' campaign. Download and enable the Universal Module Extension. Load your CoreRPG module. Add the SW specific stuff. Export it as a module.

Create a 5E 'development' campaign. Enable Universal Module Extension. Load your CoreRPG module. Add the 5E specific stuff. Export it as a module.

Now when you go to play the 5E version, create a new 'play' campaign, load universal module extension and load both yout initial and your 5E modules. Play, have fun.

Do the same with a SW 'play' campaign.

When you want to update core material, open your CoreRPG development campaign,update it and export it.

Though this dual use case is not covered, see the link in my signature for some advice on Adventure Module Creation.

damned
April 26th, 2020, 03:48
/export and select Story, Images, Monsters, Encounters, etc
Use Universal Modules extension in the other campaign.
Story and Images will work, other things not so much.

Grendel111111
April 26th, 2020, 04:15
Thanks. I'll give those a try.