PDA

View Full Version : GM LFP - D&D 5E - Livestream Game - Mic & Cam required - MUST BE CONSISTENT

Black Magician
April 26th, 2020, 01:33
SORRY GUYS WE CURRENTLY HAVE SIX PLAYERS, BUT I WILL BE SURE TO REOPEN THE POST IF ANYTHING HAPPENS!

Player Requirements:

Looking for 4-6 players that can meet all requirements
Consistent player. Exceptions for very important events and emergencies, of course
18 years or older
Able to play Saturdays 12PM PST/PDT (GMT-7 Timezone Converter (https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?pl=1&lid=8,0,2643743&h=0))
No license required GM has FGUU
An active Discord account Discord Server (https://discord.gg/mCWFDF8)
An operational Microphone AND Webcam
At least a novice level understanding of D&D 5th Edition rules

Campaign Details

Campaign will start 1 week after all party requirements are fulfilled
There will be a session 0 (for PC creation) and potentially a session 0.5 (for worldbuilding)
Starting Level 1
Long term campaign. Minimum of 1 year; weekly sessions
Homebrew preferred, but willing to run published adventures with no hesitation
Roleplay, combat, and exploration will be featured pretty evenly. Though some sessions may lean heavier into any of the three

GM Info/Resources

Fun is paramount. Some moments will be more serious, but most will be very lighthearted
Started playing in early 3.5e
Over 6 years of GM experience in 3.5e, PF1e, and 5e (4 years)
Forgiving of new player habits/quirks
Very new to Fantasy Grounds. Any advice or tips welcome
Dark & grim fantasy style with some adult themes:

-Graphic violence and gore
-Mild to explicit nudity and sexual themes
-Fantasy bigotry (Most Elves hate Orcs, etc.)
-NO real world racism or bigotry of any kind allowed
-NO sexual assault or sexual violence allowed

D&D 5E Resources

-Player's Handbook
-Dungeon Master's Guide
-Monster Manual
-Volo's Guide to Monsters
-Xanathar's Guide to Everything
-Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
-Eberron: Rising from the Last War

Published Adventures

-Tomb of Annihilation
-Lost Mine of Phandelver
-Sunless Citadel
-Willing to purchase others if player interest is great enough.

Arthellion
April 26th, 2020, 02:12
Greetings,

I am interested in this listing.

Short Bio: 27 year old Male from the Southeast of the USA. Work full time and am married. I discovered DnD about 7 years ago and have been consistently playing for 4 years in 5th Edition. I started DMing for a group about a year ago, but do miss playing as a player on occasion so this looks like it could fix that itch.

DnD Preferences: I lean more towards roleplay, but also enjoy the other two pillars. As a player, I am very much in character. I don't view DnD as a game "to win" so much as to create a great story. Not a power-gamer by any means...though becoming more powerful is always part of a fun story. I've done several of the published adventures and greatly enjoy them, but also enjoy homebrew. For virtual tabletop, I've typically only used Roll20 and am now switching over to Fantasy Grounds as R20 as continued to glitch more and more. Excited for the future of fantasy grounds as it develops. Seems to be a very powerful tool.

Requirements: I am able to meet all of the requirements listed in the OP.

So, definitely interested. Could be a fun game. :)

Black Magician
April 26th, 2020, 04:18
Awesome man! Go ahead and join the Discord server and let me know what your name is on there, so I can grant you the proper permissions. We can take the conversation from there.

Derrynger
April 26th, 2020, 18:57
Hey I'm a 34 year old Male from the North East living outside of Seattle now. Work full time Mon-Fri. I finally started playing DnD with 5th Edition but spent many years playing Star Wars from d6 to Genesis system along with a few other games. I was pretty active in an AL at a lgs and I started DMing for a group of co-workers in October but holidays, life events and then covid have basically ended that. I do prefer playing as opposed to running though

I like to play dwarves and kind of atypical characters and really enjoy the story telling although combat and making rolls is a lot of fun as well. I've done some old school play by post and one roll20 games besides being in the AL and playing lots of star wars Homebrew games

The requirements should pose no issues for me

JBobNew
April 26th, 2020, 22:22
Hello, this sounds great and I am very much interested in joining.

I am in EST timezone, can consistently and regularly play practically any time of day and on any day of the week, and would be able to maintain that availability even after the lock down is lifted.

I am familiar with d20 games in general, current D&D and D&D Classic rulesets specifically, having played many hours over the years both as a player and as a DM, though online tabletops are somewhat new to me. That said, I am familiar with discord and participating in a campaign(s) that span many weeks and even many months is nothing new to me. I enjoy all classes, and am very comfortable in filling roles that best benefit a party, really making the extra effort to immerse myself in my character's roles and abilities.

This sounds very exciting, and I really would like to find an ongoing, recurring campaign that I can be a part of and enjoy with others and to help along in any way I can.

I do hope you consider me as a member of your party, and look forward to hearing from you.

Black Magician
April 26th, 2020, 22:35
Hi Derrynger, I'd love to have you. Go ahead and join the Discord and I'll give you the proper permissions to join the RPG channels.

Black Magician
April 26th, 2020, 22:37
Hey JBobNew, I look forward to meeting you. Go ahead and join the Discord, and we'll take it from there.

Bearded
April 26th, 2020, 22:58
Hello,

I am definitely interested and have a friend who is equally so.

Short Bio: Male 30 years old. Work full time. Played AD&D back in the day. Have been running 5e games for about a year but I am getting a little tired of the responsibility and lack of commitment by some of my players and just want to enjoy some roleplaying. We are both pretty comfortable with 5e rules at this point and know a few things about fantasy grounds UI as well. We are in Ohio and go by EST but are available any time on Saturdays.

Outside of old school pen and paper I have only really used FG paired with a discord server. I'm just looking to roleplay a character, react to the world around me, and maybe be part of the greatest group of adventurers ever assembled. I am open to fill any role as is my friend.

Requirements: We are able to meet all of the requirements listed in the OP.

For the love of god let us join your group.

Spacemancoco
April 27th, 2020, 02:23
Interested in joining this game if you are still looking for players. 38 yr male experienced with 5E and other systems.

Black Magician
April 27th, 2020, 03:18
Hi Bearded! I would love to have you guys join us! Go ahead and join the Discord server and PM me and I will give you guys permissions to join the RPG channels!

Zomnivore
April 27th, 2020, 03:21
I've been looking for a streamed game to play in. I feel that it makes everyone commit more mental energy to the session when they can rewind and see the story they're telling. I'm 29, have played D&D5e for 3 years, disabled so my time is very much open. I've got a non streamed game I've been a part of since the start of the pre release for Heist of waterdeep in 2018 still running on Wednesdays. I try to optimize my stats for the things I'm interested in my character doing. I've had a Fighter with a very high charisma, a ranger with a high wis for animal handling, and in general I would like to talk more with you about how dark your stories get. I have some personal hang ups about how sexual themes are dealt with and as a participant in a streamed game I want to be on board with what you need to do to have the range of story telling that suits you.

Black Magician
April 27th, 2020, 03:25
Hi Spacemancoco! I think you made it just in time! Just to be clear you can meet all of the requirements for this game right?

So11nvictus
May 4th, 2020, 02:28
Hey I'm interested if your still looking for players. I'm 25 and have been playing DND for over a year now and have done 6 long term campaigns so I am quite a bit familiar with the rules. I enjoy the RP for Wizards and am pretty flexible depending on what the part needs in that regard. Always willing to try something different and have a great time. I am a bit new to fantasy and am currently in a campaign learning the software as I go along.

Black Magician
May 4th, 2020, 02:42
Go ahead and join the Discord, and let me know who you are in the text channel. We are currently at 5 players so you'd fill the last slot if you make it before anyone else.

Markd102
May 4th, 2020, 07:25
Where can we watch this stream?

Damianete
May 4th, 2020, 07:39
Hello !!!
I would love to play with you guys on Saturday night (I would be playing from Spain (UTC+2).
I am a math's and physics teacher from Barcelona and right now I'm at home on quarantine. I'm looking to start a DnD campaign now and follow it for a long term run. I have large experience in role-playing games especially on DnD and I also have some experience on Fantasy Ground Unity. I have webcam, microphone, discord (AllSkill#4284) and a good computer to support it.
I know right now you are full, but if u finally have some space for me I would love to join this adventure with you.
Cheers,
Damià

Black Magician
May 4th, 2020, 08:09
https://www.twitch.tv/blackmagicianlive