PDA

View Full Version : Moving from an Adventure path "#1" DLC to #2... steps?

dhood64
April 26th, 2020, 00:36
Sorry if covered somewhere else.. I am very new to FG, running pathfinder mummy's mask #1 DLC..

when they are done with that content, and i buy #2 DLC.. what steps do I need to do as a GM to continue running? (they are still playing in the #1, i am just prepping in advance for my work for #2).

Ex: Is it a "new" campaign from the main screen perspective? or do i just also load the new DLC into the existing campaign? If new, will their characters and items they got auto-transfer or do i need to do something?

Is there a "guide" or something of the steps I need to do for #2+... ? (would apply to any DLC of a series of related modules)

Sorry for rookie question. Any tips/guidance greatly appreciated !

Trenloe
April 26th, 2020, 01:05
Welcome to the FG forums.

Keep the same campaign. Load the new module in the campaign.

Griogre
April 26th, 2020, 02:35
Well you might want to unload the first module too.... ;)

damned
April 26th, 2020, 03:50
Well you might want to unload the first module too.... ;)

Maybe.... but will depend on whether every single thing in that previous part has been wrapped up and the players have all teh notes on that stuff etc. They might be referring back to a handout from the previous episode or a recurrent NPC etc.

Griogre
April 26th, 2020, 04:38
True, as Damned says don't close it before the loose ends are wrapped up - but typically you will want to close it if there are a lot of modules like a pathfinder one. On the other hand if there are only two modules you might want to leave them other open.

dhood64
April 26th, 2020, 07:14
Thanks all !