PDA

View Full Version : What to load? Player versus GM Content?

danman71
April 25th, 2020, 22:36
New user running Ultimate Classic Pathfinder2E ruleset. Going to run Age of Ashes module Hellknight Hill.

I will be inputting PC's and possibly assisting with character creation.

For the Lost Omens World Guide can I safely skip loading the player guide for myself correct? The GM full version appears to include the background, feats, etc so there is no reason I need to load it correct?

For the Age of Ashes Player's Guide I presume I DO need to load it to have access to the backgrounds for character creation access as they are not in the Module.

Just trying to minimize unnecessary loading.

Edit: to elaborate, generally as the GM you don't typically need to load players guides except in the case of the Players Guide for the Adventure Path, correct?

Thanks,

LordEntrails
April 25th, 2020, 23:49
It depends.

The 'standard' practice was that GM modules used to contain all content. But over the last months/year that has changed. So it will depend upon what standard was used when the product was converted. Though I haven't checked, each file should have a conversion notes story entry. Hopefully that would tell you more for the specific product/book.

PixelCorpse
April 27th, 2020, 08:10
I gree, it seems to depend from product to product, and when you play with an xml file the player uploads it sometimes might not even matter.