PDA

View Full Version : DM - Token location issues

dotsoncs
April 25th, 2020, 22:14
When DMing encounters with a large number of similar mobs (ex. 30 goblins), I was having a hard time locating the individual tokens for the specific creatures. For example, it is Goblin4's turn and trying to find it on a field with 29 other similar tokens (along with whatever else is on the battlemap) is cumbersome and slows the game down for my players.

1) Is there a way to use the combat tracker (key stroke?) to center my view on the token?
2) Can I increase the text size of the auto numbered tokens on the map? All other text is fine, but the number in the upper-right hand corner is ridiculously small.
3) Know of any mods that can help?

Thanks!

Myrdin Potter
April 26th, 2020, 07:24
You can turn the auto-center option on in the settings and the map will move so that each active npc is in the center. That will help make the white circle around it stand out easier. I think if you double click on the token in the combat tracker it does something similar.

mattekure
April 26th, 2020, 15:59
When DMing encounters with a large number of similar mobs (ex. 30 goblins), I was having a hard time locating the individual tokens for the specific creatures. For example, it is Goblin4's turn and trying to find it on a field with 29 other similar tokens (along with whatever else is on the battlemap) is cumbersome and slows the game down for my players.

1) Is there a way to use the combat tracker (key stroke?) to center my view on the token?
2) Can I increase the text size of the auto numbered tokens on the map? All other text is fine, but the number in the upper-right hand corner is ridiculously small.
3) Know of any mods that can help?

Thanks!

My favorite way to find them quickly is to use this extension.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46585-CoreRPG-Extension-Has-Initiative-Indicator

Bonkon
April 26th, 2020, 17:17
Good Day Dotsoncs :)
Another trick when there are a lot of tokens that I use, besides the auto-center option, is the click the eye icon on the combat tracker a few times to flash them on the battle map. Helpful when a lot of similar NPC's are in a cluster using their Pack Tactics on PC's :)

Zacchaeus
April 26th, 2020, 17:30
You can also hold down CTRL and hover over the portrait on the CT and use the mouse wheel to make the token bigger and smaller.

dotsoncs
May 1st, 2020, 13:41
My favorite way to find them quickly is to use this extension.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46585-CoreRPG-Extension-Has-Initiative-Indicator

This is extremely helpful - appreciate the link!