PDA

View Full Version : Preload Question?

danman71
April 25th, 2020, 20:48
New User running classic and preparing to host a game. I understand you can preload maps by using the radial dial.

My question is, is there a queue or list that shows what you have have laready selected for preload? Then, after the session is there a way to remove what I have selected for preload previously, etc.? I don't want to preload no longer needed maps.

Thanks,

Griogre
April 25th, 2020, 20:54
You can only preload to connected clients. All that does is put a copy of the image on their computer which the can be opened like any other shared map. The idea is you do it when not much activity is going on, ie they are exploring the 1st level so you preload the 2nd level so it'll be ready when they finish the next level.

You unshare a preloaded (shared) image just like any other. You just go to you list of images and right click on a shared one and unshare. It's quite likely that if you preload an image you can unshare before it finishes preloading.

danman71
April 25th, 2020, 21:30
Okay, so i was misunderstanding "preload". It only happens "live" when clients are connected. I can't select a list of several maps that preload when they login?

Valyar
April 25th, 2020, 21:36
Yes, the staging is to connected clients. Otherwise when you share it, they will start downloading the moment you click the button.