PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 2E CRB - Network: Time out

M45T3R5W4G3R
April 25th, 2020, 20:41
Hello everyone, I have been using Fantasy Grounds Ultimate Edition for a long while with community modules for Pathfinder 1e and D&D 5e for a few months. After a while, I collected some money to go for my favorite TTRPG system so far, Pathfinder 2e and bought its core rulebook on Steam. It didn't download anything and after checking I did what I had to do: I have updated my Steam purchases on Fantasy Grounds account, it shown up and Fantasy Grounds started to say Update Available, seeing from my purchases that I have the Core Rulebook and starts downloading it. The bottom bar advances slowly and when it is at full, it gives the error: Error - GetPackageFiles: Network: Time out.

After looking up for it on Google, the main thing showed up was on Unity release and heavy server load, which was years ago, so irrelevant. And the other troubleshooting methods:
-making sure the Antivirus isn't blocking
-making sure Firewall isn't blocking
-checking file permissions
-deleting the vault file named PZOxxx. (?)

But what is interesting is, I don't get any new vault files at all. It seems like it doesn't initiate even though update bar advances. I wondered if that was a connection issue and uninstalled Fantasy Grounds (and AppData files) and reinstalling it, also trying to delete modules files' contents without uninstallation and it seems like it downloads all free modules without any issue yet only gives the error on my newly purchased Pathfinder 2e CRB.

I've been trying to figure this out the whole day but couldn't fix it. I would appreciate any help on it.

Edit: After uninstall and reinstalling, it appears to be trying to download a new module D&D Lost Mine of Phandelver, before Pathfinder 2e and it gives this error as well interestingly. I'm certain this wasn't around since it does not exist in my modules backup folder and it tries to download it after UNLOCK_WOTC1 while PF 2e Core Rules were after general-addons under the name of PZOSMWPZO2101FG.

LordEntrails
April 25th, 2020, 21:35
WotC is giving free access to some modules during the Pandemic. So they get downloaded automatically for everyone.

Not sure what else to check, but hopefully someone who does will be along shortly.

Moon Wizard
April 26th, 2020, 00:45
A Network: Time Out message means that the network connection between the FG updater application and the FG update servers is being blocked somewhere. Usually, this is caused by security software on your machine (firewall, parental control, internet filtering, etc.), or on your router (usually advanced settings similar to machine).

Also, you may want to check the Internet provider thread pertaining to new Advanced Security options that have been causing problems for people:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53461-Comcast-XFinity-Cox-and-Shaw-Communications-Users-Important

Regards,
JPG

M45T3R5W4G3R
April 26th, 2020, 01:04
WotC is giving free access to some modules during the Pandemic. So they get downloaded automatically for everyone.

Not sure what else to check, but hopefully someone who does will be along shortly.

Oh, I didn't know about that. A nice gesture. Thanks for the heads up. ^^

A Network: Time Out message means that the network connection between the FG updater application and the FG update servers is being blocked somewhere. Usually, this is caused by security software on your machine (firewall, parental control, internet filtering, etc.), or on your router (usually advanced settings similar to machine).

Also, you may want to check the Internet provider thread pertaining to new Advanced Security options that have been causing problems for people:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53461-Comcast-XFinity-Cox-and-Shaw-Communications-Users-Important

Regards,
JPG

Well, I haven't considered modem firewall and after disabling it, update has been completed without any issues. Thanks for the quick response. ^^

Nylanfs
April 28th, 2020, 12:52
Welcome to the forums and FG community!