PDA

View Full Version : LFG - new player to FG looking for 5e group

Ahira Bandylegs
April 24th, 2020, 18:05
FG License: Free currently, but will purchase what is necessary. Didn't want to buy if wasn't going to find a game.
Time Zone: Central Time USA.
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: any night on Sunday-Thursday from 9 PM or later CST (US).
Term: Looking for something regular, no idea how long that may be.
Voice: Yep, i'm willing to do whatever is necessary. English speaking please!!

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: D&D 1E, and 2E, learning 5E
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Never used, will do what is necessary.

Character Type Preferred: will tailor to the group if necessary
About me: Played Dungeons & Dragons from the age of 8 until I went off into the Army @ 20. Twenty-five years later I decided to pick up the game again with my wife and two eldest children. We created a group, bought the 5e books and then COVID-19 reared its ugly head. Now we're locked down and unable to play with our group of 8, awaiting release from purgatory.

I've been reading, learning, and even writing a custom world to DM on the pen and paper side while we wait. However, I've been itching so found this online tabletop universe figuring i'd give it a try and if it works out, i'd have something to play while i DM the pen\paper one separately. It would give me a feel for the flow of 5e, different flavors, perspectives, as well as scratching the itch.

Really despise power-leveling campaigns, wanting to savor the experience. And am whole-heartedly a believer in your actions having consequences. Too many players think they can do anything because the DM isn't going to kill their character... Think again, sport. What fun is that? If I die, I'll roll another and start off at level 1 - while enjoying every second of it. (please start the characters off at lvl 1. Jumping in at lvl 10 never even gives you a chance to enjoy it).

It's about the Journey, not the Destination.