PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Weeknight Game (Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri) - Would like 5e; open to others

SmCaudata
April 24th, 2020, 18:01
FG Licesne: Currently free as I've never played with VTT, but willing to buy.
Time Zone: US Central Time
Days/Frequency: Looking for a weekly game. Prefer Tuesday - Thursday, but open to Friday. Open to 6 PM - Midnight Central times.
Term: Looking to go through a fund adventure/campaign and then see where it goes from there. Open to long term with a fun group.
Voice: I can voice chat with whatever software is needed. I have smart phone, laptop and desktop all with microphone and sound.

System Preferred: I really want to try 5e. That said, I've never played Pathfinder and would give 2e a shot. 1e is a little too crunchy at this stage for me.
Experience: I've never played Fantasy Grounds or any other VTT. I'm very comfortable with tech in general though, so learning curve likely won't be an issue. As to gaming experience, I have a moderate amount over many years. I first played 2e 25 years ago in middle school. Then I picked it up again in college and played almost weekly for about 5 years. Using 2e at first and then moving into 3rd. I went to GenCon for the 3e launch. I continued to play into 3.5. I took some time off again and then played early 4e for about 6 months before I relocated for work in 2009.

Character Type Preferred: Flexible. I've always liked to play melee/combat focused rogues. In the 3.5 days I loved pushing the limits of the system to make unhittable combatants. At this time though, I'm open to anything. I'm probably less interested in min-maxing than I used to be and more interested in the adventure. That said, if the the DM is pushing the party, I can hold my own in making a capable character for the group and will fill any role needed.

About me: The above experience section has some info. I haven't played since 2009 due to busy life with work, marriage, and a child. I'd love to have a weekly game night again for general fun and decompression. I love computer and board games and consider myself a general geek. I'm looking to have a good time with a good mix of role-play, story, and combat/tactics.