PDA

View Full Version : Text widgets only showing up on client that added them.

StoryWeaver
April 24th, 2020, 15:45
I'm having some issues with text widgets added to tokens.

They are only showing up on the client that added them. That is if the GM adds them, they are only visible to the GM and are only usable with other functionality for the GM. Likewise if a player adds them, they are only visible there on that client and any linked functionality will only work for that player.

In contrast, bitmap widgets added to tokens appear automatically for all clients.

Is there something different in how text widgets are handled and what do I need to do to have them synchronize / show up across all connected clients?

Moon Wizard
April 24th, 2020, 23:36
Both text and bitmap widgets are only added locally to each client. There's no synchronization of widgets, they are just UI elements. My guess is that there is code on both GM and player side creating the bitmap widgets in the example you are seeing.

Regards,
JPG

StoryWeaver
April 25th, 2020, 12:56
Interesting. That would make sense thinking about it. The bitmap widgets and text widgets are listening to different events.
The bitmap widgets respond to global changes (a change trackable through the CT) while the text widget only listens for a user mouse wheel scroll.
I guess I'll have to add some sort of trackable elements to the CT and listener for the text widgets as well.

I can see some of the advantages for the widgets being only be local evenrs by default.

Thank you for the help.