PDA

View Full Version : Equipping item to change Will, Fortitude, Reflex.

kevininrussia
April 24th, 2020, 14:39
Adding +1 armor to the inventory and equipping it increases the AC amount by 1. Adding +1 Will amulet to the inventory and equipping does not change the Will amount. Same with Fortitude and Reflex. I don't see any parameter to add this. Is there a way to do this? Extension maybe?

Also what do the parameters shown in the attached image do? The "Bonus" field does nothing as far as I can tell. Enhancement nothing. Shield, Prerequisite, Special?

raynbowbrite
April 24th, 2020, 17:58
I tried this as well, with a different amulet, and it didn't work for me either.

I think I've been having my players just add a +1 misc bonus when they get a neck slot item.

kevininrussia
April 24th, 2020, 20:34
I tried this as well, with a different amulet, and it didn't work for me either.

I think I've been having my players just add a +1 misc bonus when they get a neck slot item.

I was thinking that too, but if there is already is misc bonus and as they add up from other items, it might be confusing what gets subtracted. For now I am doing it as an effect because the bonus is better documented on the character for removal.

I'll try to make an extension if possible in the future after I get educated how to make extensions :-)

valeros
April 25th, 2020, 02:03
Effect, good idea. Actually that makes me think that every item should have an "Effect" field. The effect would then get added or removed with the item. Then it could be even more generic than something specific to a neck slot item. But not sure if that really makes sense or not. Not sure how that would actually play out in reality if implemented.

raynbowbrite
April 25th, 2020, 03:30
It would definitely be nice if there was a way to put Effects on folks without making them powers, unless there is and I just don't know it?

valeros
April 26th, 2020, 20:00
Here is a parital fix, still manual, but at least it is a separate field to make it easier to track:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56984

LordEntrails
April 26th, 2020, 20:30
Effect, good idea. Actually that makes me think that every item should have an "Effect" field. The effect would then get added or removed with the item. Then it could be even more generic than something specific to a neck slot item. But not sure if that really makes sense or not. Not sure how that would actually play out in reality if implemented.
It's a good idea. But can't be done without an extension. Their is an 'advanced item' extension for 5E that does this, and I believe Celestian built it into the 2E ruleset. But it's a lot of work :)