PDA

View Full Version : DiabloBob's DM Tools #1 on DMs Guild...

rob2e
April 24th, 2020, 04:22
Hey guys:

It's pretty unprecedented to have a VTT title be #1 on DMs Guild. Number one in the VTT category yes, but number one OVERALL!!! It doesn't happen. This title is currently #1, might be worth a look for ya'll, people seem to love it.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/310505/?affiliate_id=878507

Beemanpat
April 24th, 2020, 04:31
Its worth it. I'm enjoying it. Players love it.

Valdemar
April 25th, 2020, 05:38
Hey guys:

It's pretty unprecedented to have a VTT title be #1 on DMs Guild. Number one in the VTT category yes, but number one OVERALL!!! It doesn't happen. This title is currently #1, might be worth a look for ya'll, people seem to love it.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/310505/?affiliate_rem=878507

Bought it - looking forward to using it in my Tuesday group!

Beemanpat
April 25th, 2020, 07:06
Bought it - looking forward to using it in my Tuesday group!

A new update on DM Tool just come through make sure you get it. Also make sure you have the Critically Awesome Essentials most recent update.

One quirk that they know about is if your running the Portal.ext, when the PC pull spell token from their sheet to map the spell token stays 5ft even though it may told to be a larger size. I was told they are working to fix. I turned off the Portals.ext and everything seems to be in working order.

Hope this helps.

Valdemar
April 25th, 2020, 08:00
A new update on DM Tool just come through make sure you get it. Also make sure you have the Critically Awesome Essentials most recent update.

One quirk that they know about is if your running the Portal.ext, when the PC pull spell token from their sheet to map the spell token stays 5ft even though it may told to be a larger size. I was told they are working to fix. I turned off the Portals.ext and everything seems to be in working order.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up on updating.

markdowney
April 25th, 2020, 16:46
Is there a description of all the things this mod does?

Beemanpat
April 25th, 2020, 17:18
Is there a description of all the things this mod does?

Go to YouTube look up Everthing Fantasy Grounds episode 111. It kinda dive through and explains in detail what it's does and how to do those things.

But the best thing(s) for me so far is. Token staking and spell token targeting. You can take spell token i.e. spirit guardians and lock it to your character. When you move your character it move with it. The spell token targeting i.e. fireball allows the PC to drag and drop a fireball token hit a target button and all within the area of that token get targeted.

Caveat: The spell tokens featured in the video are sold on dms guild and work beautifully with this mod/ext.

arkanis
April 25th, 2020, 23:29
Does this extension play nice with the extension Combat Enhancer 5E?

Korav
April 26th, 2020, 00:43

Also very interested to know this... Combat Enhancer is a must for me at this point.

arkanis
April 26th, 2020, 14:43
Also very interested to know this... Combat Enhancer is a must for me at this point.

Bought it and tested it myself. The answer is no, this extensions glitch with the Combat Enhancer Extension. Wild shape seems to work fine, but token targeting doesn't work and token stacks create a token in every square where the PC token starts/stops its movement.

markdowney
April 26th, 2020, 14:43
Thanks for the reply! That helps a lot

Go to YouTube look up Everthing Fantasy Grounds episode 111. It kinda dive through and explains in detail what it's does and how to do those things.

But the best thing(s) for me so far is. Token staking and spell token targeting. You can take spell token i.e. spirit guardians and lock it to your character. When you move your character it move with it. The spell token targeting i.e. fireball allows the PC to drag and drop a fireball token hit a target button and all within the area of that token get targeted.

Caveat: The spell tokens featured in the video are sold on dms guild and work beautifully with this mod/ext.

ScriedRaven
April 26th, 2020, 19:28

Spell tokens yes, but token stacking no. The stacked tokens will just duplicate, but not delete the old versions. Without changing any of the code it occasionally sends error messages when a player attacks an enemy, however everything functions as normal. If you're willing to mess with the coding, then in the extension file just remove the line of code that checks for token stacking and you won't get any error messages.

dotsoncs
April 26th, 2020, 21:33

It's a must for me as well.

I picked up the extension and it looks like it doesn't handle the layers very well. Certain pieces work. For example I can still add a token effect to a spell, but most everything else fails that involves tokens, token movement, or token substitution. I tried to create a token stack and every time I moved an NPC it created a copy of the spell token on the bottom layer.

At this point if Combat Enhancer is critical for your game I would avoid purchase as you won't get most of the benefits.

Paperclipkiller
April 27th, 2020, 02:34
Spell tokens yes, but token stacking no. The stacked tokens will just duplicate, but not delete the old versions. Without changing any of the code it occasionally sends error messages when a player attacks an enemy, however everything functions as normal. If you're willing to mess with the coding, then in the extension file just remove the line of code that checks for token stacking and you won't get any error messages.

Yea the duplication is a big issue for me. This extension by itself won't put the spell token behind player icons at all, and when I use the Enhanced Images extension I see that it is basically putting them on the bottom layer. Then it duplicates them with every movement. Until that is changed to be under player/NPC tokens or the duplication is figured out to work nicely with that extension, the spell token stacking for auras and whatnot doesn't work well imo.

Tel Arin
April 28th, 2020, 18:44
Hey guys:

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/310505/?affiliate_rem=878507

I bought it yesterday and they are fantastic tools. Finally my players can carry their light torches tokens!

Apocrypha
May 9th, 2020, 19:16
Works with Unity? I don't see any mention.

rob2e
May 9th, 2020, 19:19
Works with Unity? I don't see any mention.

Apocrypha
May 9th, 2020, 19:41
Great!

Zacchaeus
May 9th, 2020, 21:17

Do note that Extensions are not DLC; and so are not in any way guaranteed to work in Unity. Extensions which mess with graphics will almost certainly not work unless they have been written for Unity or there are separate versions.

Apocrypha
May 9th, 2020, 23:26
Do note that Extensions are not DLC; and so are not in any way guaranteed to work in Unity. Extensions which mess with graphics will almost certainly not work unless they have been written for Unity or there are separate versions.

Wonderful. Now that I’ve just bought it I hope it works.

Apocrypha
May 10th, 2020, 07:44

A simple "Yes, it does" or "No, it doesn't" would have been more helpful.

bracken
May 10th, 2020, 10:04
Hi Apocrypha. I bought this module recently for use with FGU and from what I can tell it doesn’t work. I am guessing (hoping) that once FGU comes out of beta Diablobob will try to get it working as intended on the new platform.

Please note, when I say it doesn’t work I didn’t encounter any errors or crashes but that none of the token functionality that I bought it for was there. I could not get the option to add a token to a spell or any of the stacking to work.

ironsplitter
May 10th, 2020, 11:38
If you look to the discussion section on the storefront page for DMTools, the developer has stated he is planning on releasing an update for Unity compatibility within the the next couple of days.

bracken
May 10th, 2020, 12:56
Thanks, ironsplitter. I do check that discussion every couple of days but hadn’t spotted that. I want to make it clear that my comment was not a criticism of diablobob or his work; my fault for not doing due diligence. I was pretty certain he would do everything possible to get it working when possible. I am a software developer myself and am well aware of the issues of writing code for multiple platforms, especially when one of those platforms is still in beta!

ironsplitter
May 10th, 2020, 17:52
I don't think anyone took your comments in any other way bracken. I use the DM Tools / Token Stacking stuff in my FG Classic games and I'm almost giddy every time I lay down a spell token. I'm NOT QUITE at the point of purposefully putting caves into the campaign just so humans have to bring out their torches, but I understand people's anxiousness to get it working on Unity.

I'm curious if the Unity compatible version will make use of the built-in image layers?

Myrdin Potter
May 10th, 2020, 18:07
This is listed as being part of the 20% price reduction for "pay it forward", but there is no actual price reduction given.

jrowsey1
May 22nd, 2020, 06:55
I believe there was an update to DM Tools Today that allows for the Spell Token functionality in Unity.

Apocrypha
May 22nd, 2020, 07:34
I believe there was an update to DM Tools Today that allows for the Spell Token functionality in Unity.

Last updated I see was 4/27 on DMS Guild

bracken
May 22nd, 2020, 09:03
Hi Apocrypha,

The update was to the underlying critically awesome essentials extension ... the unity variant. I have tried it and you can now add a token to a spell. Unfortunately the token stacking doesn't appear to work yet ... unless I am doing something wrong (which is entirely possible). I haven't tried the "targeting" feature of spell tokens yet. I plan to do that later today when I get a break from work.

PS - just in case you didn't know, when you look at your library in DMs Guild or DriveThruRpg there is a tab that displays any purchases that have had updates since you last downloaded them. I only found out about this a week or so ago myself :)

Apocrypha
May 22nd, 2020, 14:51
Hi Apocrypha,

The update was to the underlying critically awesome essentials extension ... the unity variant. I have tried it and you can now add a token to a spell. Unfortunately the token stacking doesn't appear to work yet ... unless I am doing something wrong (which is entirely possible). I haven't tried the "targeting" feature of spell tokens yet. I plan to do that later today when I get a break from work.

PS - just in case you didn't know, when you look at your library in DMs Guild or DriveThruRpg there is a tab that displays any purchases that have had updates since you last downloaded them. I only found out about this a week or so ago myself :)

Oh, ok. Got it. It would be great if the one-click-druid module used proper beast tokens. I hate those real pictures it uses.

wheresthemead
May 23rd, 2020, 00:41
It would be great if the one-click-druid module used proper beast tokens. I hate those real pictures it uses.

You can use your own tokens. The module includes instructions on how to replace the included tokens.

Kynnethk
May 23rd, 2020, 04:13
Got this today for FGU and cannot use the spell token feature is their a setting I am missing?

rob2e
May 23rd, 2020, 04:18
A simple "Yes, it does" or "No, it doesn't" would have been more helpful.

I disagree. If I had said yes, that would imply that there wouldn't be any issues ever. If I had said no, that would imply it doesn't work at all. By offering the information in the graphic I posted, I offered the most COMPLETE and appropriate information possible. I don't see how that could be viewed in any other way.

Apocrypha
May 23rd, 2020, 07:18
I disagree. If I had said yes, that would imply that there wouldn't be any issues ever. If I had said no, that would imply it doesn't work at all. By offering the information in the graphic I posted, I offered the most COMPLETE and appropriate information possible. I don't see how that could be viewed in any other way.

It was ambiguous and tantamount to a no as it is not a DLC. A better response that wouldn't have left me wondering would have been "not right now, but I'm working on it." THAT would have told me everything I needed to know. Isn't English a wonderful thing?

rob2e
May 23rd, 2020, 15:15
It was ambiguous and tantamount to a no as it is not a DLC. A better response that wouldn't have left me wondering would have been "not right now, but I'm working on it." THAT would have told me everything I needed to know. Isn't English a wonderful thing?

Again I must disagree. DLC defines everything from both the SmiteWorks store, Steam, and the DMs guild. And with FG making multiple updates to the Unity version of the software, sometimes more than once a day, it isn't possible to have said either yes OR no and be complete in my answer. I gave the best answer I could have.

There may be something that DOESN'T work, but will in the future.
There may be something that DOES work, but won't when they update something.

There are multiple scenarios that can account for whether something is compatible with unity at the exact second someone asks the question. However, it is best to say that EVERYTHING WILL WORK once unity is released in its final form.

Which is exactly what that graphic explains.

Given all the parameters of the situation, I hope you can appreciate why I answer the question that way rather than simply providing an unqualified no or yes.

dotsoncs
May 23rd, 2020, 16:36
I think it's easiest to say:

As of today, 5/23/2020, DM Tools is NOT fully functional in FGU. The developer is working on a fix but given the nature of early access there is no guarantee that it will be fully supported until a final product is released. If you primarily use FGC, then (IMO) it's a great purchase and will greatly improve your games. If your group is primarily using FGU then I would pass for now until it has stabilized.

Diablobob
May 24th, 2020, 20:12
I think it's easiest to say:

As of today, 5/23/2020, DM Tools is NOT fully functional in FGU. The developer is working on a fix but given the nature of early access there is no guarantee that it will be fully supported until a final product is released. If you primarily use FGC, then (IMO) it's a great purchase and will greatly improve your games. If your group is primarily using FGU then I would pass for now until it has stabilized.

Thank you! Well said!

As of today... the current FGU compatible version has spell tokens... they are not able to be “stacked” nor be used as targeting... I had targeting working for all of 12 hours and posted on DMs Guild... then FGU was updated and the targeting is off again... this is normal during the beta period of a program... I’m sorry... I am doing my best to keep up and get the features implemented...

this is also why stack resolution, dress up dungeon, and stack movement hasn’t been implemented yet...

the control changes too frequently to keep up with it at this time... those features being as complex as they are, makes the control changes devastating... so as to not induce a bunch of errors, I have elected to let spell tokens be integrated...

I will continue to try to get the targeting working... I am likely to add a rudimentary stack movement, and just leave stack resolution and dress up dungeon out of the equation till things are more static...

Most of the other features of DM Tools (token locking excluded) has been implemented... I am hoping to get back to feature development shortly so that I can add some more features to classic and unity... but I will continue to try to get the features integrated as much as possible into the FGU platform

Kynnethk
May 24th, 2020, 20:18
Thanks so much for updating while still in development. Really love all your tools and am buying most of them:) Putting the stimulus check to good use with FGU and all the amazing addons.

Somali
July 4th, 2020, 09:23
Is this and one click druid working with the most recent update to FG? Just started a new campaign and I'm sure my gm would appreciate this.

Ludd_G
July 27th, 2020, 21:29
Hi,

First a caveat: I'm using this in Unity so accept that some of my questions/requests may already be implemented in Classic and will be working once Unity is locked.

Firstly I was wondering if it would be possible to have the token 'icon' display alongside the 'cast', 'damage' etc. buttons when in Combat & Actions display mode on the Actions tab? This would be far preferable to only having it visible by use of the magnifying glass icon, to dig down amongst the coding (something I'd rather not have my players do routinely, especially as they will likely forget it's even there a lot of the time!);

Secondly, in Unity will it be possible to have the Spell Token always display under the PC and NPC tokens already on the map, whilst still being able to target etc.? Using Unity's 'layer' functionality perhaps? I'm not sure if there are many situations I'd prefer the Spell Token to be on top of the PC or NPC tokens.

Anyway, thanks for listening, and for all your work, and I look forward to using your DM Tools and other extensions in my future games.

Cheers,

Simon

SmackDaddy
August 30th, 2020, 00:54
As of today, is there a list of what does work and what doesn't work within Unity? Or is it the stacking issue is the only thing still not working properly?

Diablobob
August 30th, 2020, 01:35
Stacking issue, dress up dungeon, and currently only has circular targeting

SmackDaddy
August 30th, 2020, 01:39
Stacking issue, dress up dungeon, and currently only has circular targeting

Thank you bob, what do you mean by "dress up dungeon"? and circular targetting? so you cannot target an icon which is a "square" in shape? (sorry - new user of the tools here)

dpurkis
October 13th, 2020, 21:03
I just started using Unity and so far seems great. I did just load DM Tools and have tried to add a spell token, but under add action, it does not give me the option to add a token. I am likely doing something wring, but any help would be good! Thanks

Zacchaeus
October 13th, 2020, 22:33
Unity is being updated more or less on a weekly basis at the moment so my guess is that most extensions will break on a fairly regular basis. It should say on the DMsGuild page whether this one works or not. And even if it says it does, it could have broken due to an update.

ssides
December 10th, 2020, 05:14
We've had a few issues in my weekly game, so I did some testing this evening with GM tools in FG Unity.

The ability to create a token stack doesn't work at all in FG Unity. I tried various tokens, with token locking, without token locking, and had no success. I re-visited the function in FG Classic to make sure I accurately remembered how to do it. It worked as expected in FG Classic, but no luck at all in FG Unity.

For spell tokens, if the DM drags the spell token to the map, it shows up as the correct size. If the player drags the spell token to the map, the size tends to be around five feet too big. I also noticed that you don't have to add the 2.5 feet to the diameter of an aura-type spell for the size to be correct, so long as the DM is the one that drags it to the map. It will be even larger if the 2.5 feet is added and the player drags it onto the map.

When an NPC was covered by a spell token, using shift-click didn't seem to do anything as far as isolating the NPC. I wasn't able to move the NPC unless I dragged the spell token out of the way first. This was mitigated in FG Classic if the NPC was in the area of an aura spell that was part of a token stack.

That's about all of the observations I can reliably describe from my testing this evening.

SLS

Diablobob
December 10th, 2020, 13:35
I believe it’s alt+shift+left click for unity to create a stack.

The token sizing is something I’m actively working on.

ssides
December 10th, 2020, 14:06
Bob, thanks for that response.

Tested and verified that alt-shift-left click creates a token stack.

Further tested and got error when using alt-drag on a token stack as DM.

[12/10/2020 8:59:03 AM] [ERROR] MOUSE UPDATE: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FMPJEDNFKON.PONEJAPBDDP (UnityEngine.Vector2 PEADALJAENB, UnityEngine.Vector2 ELNFFLFEHJG) [0x002c2] in <47f8d6a0706643a08ed500e0bc60c519>:0
at FMPJEDNFKON.PDBFPNDFDKI (UnityEngine.Vector2 PEADALJAENB, UnityEngine.Vector2 ELNFFLFEHJG) [0x00070] in <47f8d6a0706643a08ed500e0bc60c519>:0
at AEKKJAPPMPK.DEIIBJGPDON (UnityEngine.Vector2 DFPPPMAFBHB, UnityEngine.Vector2 BBLPAPFHBBE) [0x0006f] in <47f8d6a0706643a08ed500e0bc60c519>:0
at KGNOOCIONDH.ReceiveDragEnd (UnityEngine.Vector2 DFPPPMAFBHB, UnityEngine.Vector2 BBLPAPFHBBE) [0x0001b] in <47f8d6a0706643a08ed500e0bc60c519>:0
at LEECPKFJIAJ.PHPHBLGAMLB (UnityEngine.Vector2 JDKJAHPLHLL) [0x00009] in <47f8d6a0706643a08ed500e0bc60c519>:0
at LEECPKFJIAJ.PKJBEAGEEFK (System.Int32 OFIHBJJLLEO, System.Boolean GMFAHPJOIEO) [0x001ee] in <47f8d6a0706643a08ed500e0bc60c519>:0
at LEECPKFJIAJ.JIDMLNKADMN () [0x00076] in <47f8d6a0706643a08ed500e0bc60c519>:0
at FG.FGDesktop.OPILCLOHJGM () [0x0002a] in <47f8d6a0706643a08ed500e0bc60c519>:0
at FG.FGDesktop.Update () [0x0004e] in <47f8d6a0706643a08ed500e0bc60c519>:0

I'm pasting in one, but there was a series of ... probably around six errors, all similar to this one. When the console opened to show the error, the spell token disappeared, even though the player's token was still part of a stack. I would have to delete the previous stack before I could create another one.

SLS

Diablobob
December 10th, 2020, 14:42
That one I believe is an internal conflict with FG itself... try not to use alt+drag and see if the error continues

Diablobob
December 10th, 2020, 14:45
I’m pretty sure what’s happening is that alt+left click hides the token, but when the token get dragged it recreates the token... since the hidden token is still indexed in FG, it throws errors...

ssides
December 10th, 2020, 15:33
Just normal dragging worked fine. I was trying to test thoroughly. :)