PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spells Tab; Clicking to keep track removes spells from the sheet?

Atreides Ghola
April 24th, 2020, 01:43
Hello -

Had a problem while playing Extinction Curse the other night, and tested on a random NPC from the Bestiary. This is in UNITY, also.

On the Spells Tab, if you click the radio button to keep track of spells used, they disappear, and I can't seem to get them back.

Here's a screen shot of the Janni from the Bestiary.

That started out with three spells with radio buttons. The sheet is read only.

Before clicking the radio buttons, the sheet looked more like this:

How do you get the spells to return to the tab?

Thanks

Atreides Ghola
April 24th, 2020, 01:51
Also, found this -

So right clicking can reset the spells. Great.

But if all the spells are gone, the option doesn't show up.

Trenloe
April 24th, 2020, 07:47
The NPCs are by default in "Combat" mode, which displays spells that are still available to cast. If you use the spell (click the check button) then they are not shown as they can no longer be used). Add the NPC in the combat tracker (or make a copy so you can unlock it), unlock the NPC record (click the padlock button at the top) and change the "Mode" from Combat to Standard.

If you change a read-only NPC then right-click on the creature in the data list and select "revert changes" to remove the previously made checks and re-display the spells.

Atreides Ghola
April 24th, 2020, 13:28
The NPCs are by default in "Combat" mode, which displays spells that are still available to cast. If you use the spell (click the check button) then they are not shown as they can no longer be used). Add the NPC in the combat tracker (or make a copy so you can unlock it), unlock the NPC record (click the padlock button at the top) and change the "Mode" from Combat to Standard.

If you change a read-only NPC then right-click on the creature in the data list and select "revert changes" to remove the previously made checks and re-display the spells.

Trenloe, thank you!

We're having a complete blast playing Extinction Curse, btw. Great, great work on the PF2e Rules.

Trenloe
April 24th, 2020, 14:39
We're having a complete blast playing Extinction Curse, btw. Great, great work on the PF2e Rules.
Glad your enjoying playing EC. And thanks for the kind words. Still lots to do, but I'm pretty pleased with what we have so far. :)

Trenloe
April 24th, 2020, 14:54
I've logged this as RS2.089 in the issues list. When the NPC sheet is locked the check boxes should be read only. In theory this may create unwanted additional steps from GMs to actually check off entries (having to unlock the NPC sheet). So I'm not sure if I'll implement the change - or maybe only allow it for locked NPC sheets in the combat tracker, which would make more sense...

MaxAstro
April 29th, 2020, 21:46
I've logged this as RS2.089 in the issues list. When the NPC sheet is locked the check boxes should be read only. In theory this may create unwanted additional steps from GMs to actually check off entries (having to unlock the NPC sheet). So I'm not sure if I'll implement the change - or maybe only allow it for locked NPC sheets in the combat tracker, which would make more sense...

This reminds me - I haven't been able to reproduce it reliably, but a couple times I've had an issue with abilities disappearing before they should. Namely, I had a creature with three uses of an ability, but as soon as I checked the second use, the ability disappeared from the spells page. I had to switch out of combat mode to be able to check the last use.

If I find a reliable way to reproduce that I'll let you know.