PDA

View Full Version : Code Monkey Publishing

richvalle
March 6th, 2007, 06:02
Having a bad time of it.

https://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=737

Part we are interested in:

"Fantasy Grounds - For now, dead. We'll revisit these way down the road."

:(

Actually this might effect Smite works:

"GenCon - Most likely not going to happen. "

as I think they shared space with Code Monkey guys.

rv

veron
March 6th, 2007, 07:03
Doesn't surprise me really. Our gaming group were supposed to try out FG maybe a year ago. I installed the game back then and the latest patch. We never get to try the game back then but now got back around to it. Came here, a year later, and the same patch is still the latest out there. If in a community-driven game there haven't been a new patch in a year, it pretty much equals to dead.

Well, we finally got to try FG with our group and it worked very well actually. What are the improvements you guys have seen that you would need? Just bug fixes (is there a list of known bugs somewhere?) or also some new features?

Dachannien
March 6th, 2007, 07:49
What's up with the password-protected URL?

Also, FG is not dead. The devs are putting all of their effort into FG2 instead of releasing patches for FG1.

veron
March 6th, 2007, 08:26
What's up with the password-protected URL?

Also, FG is not dead. The devs are putting all of their effort into FG2 instead of releasing patches for FG1.

That's weird, it wasn't protected a few hours ago.

On the page Code Monkey Publishing listed the states of their coding projects, and FG was listed as 'dead'.

Tailz Silver Paws
March 6th, 2007, 09:29
That's weird, it wasn't protected a few hours ago.

On the page Code Monkey Publishing listed the states of their coding projects, and FG was listed as 'dead'.
Thats Code Monkey's projects for FG, not FG itself.

veron
March 6th, 2007, 09:44
Thats Code Monkey's projects for FG, not FG itself.

Ahh... I see, I stand corrected. That's good to hear then!

Tailz Silver Paws
March 6th, 2007, 11:15
Ahh... I see, I stand corrected. That's good to hear then!
Well thats my assumption.

richvalle
March 6th, 2007, 13:49
Yes... sorry. Didn't mean to start any nasty FG rumors!

CMP has programs that assist DM's in creation or running DnD 3.5 games. There was a project to allow it to create XML files suitable for importing into FG. So you could create NPC's, monsters, characters, export and then import them in.

FG and FG 2 are alive and well. :)

rv

richvalle
March 6th, 2007, 14:27
Interesting. I can neither get to that link or their website.

rv

joshuha
March 6th, 2007, 15:25
Please don't overreact to this as FG itself being dead it only means Code Monkey Publishing project. For those that didn't know they had the license to E-Tools but also had develped the Sunless Citadel and Forge of Fury products for Fantasy Grounds. Because Wizards of the Coast chose not to renew their license (which has started rumors that WOTC may be jumping into the VTT market) that means CMP no longer can sell those products (and they have taken them off their store). That is it, rest assured that FG 2.0 is still on track and hopefully will make it out of the gate this month.

richvalle
March 7th, 2007, 14:35
Above link is working again.

rv

Thore_Ironrock
March 10th, 2007, 02:44
Just so everyone knows, Digital Adventures is still around with plans to go to Gen Con (how and where is still up in the air). We have plans to pick up the "slack" from CMP, and while doing WOTC products is no longer a possibility we do have some exciting things in store.

In the next few days I'll be posting what Digital Adventures has planned for 2007 ... stay tuned!

Kalan
March 10th, 2007, 12:37
Just so everyone knows, Digital Adventures is still around with plans to go to Gen Con (how and where is still up in the air). We have plans to pick up the "slack" from CMP, and while doing WOTC products is no longer a possibility we do have some exciting things in store.

In the next few days I'll be posting what Digital Adventures has planned for 2007 ... stay tuned!

Trust me guys - what we have up our sleeves is gonna ROCK your world...

Or at least make you giddy like a little school girl ;)

Ciao :D

V

ShaneLeahy
March 27th, 2007, 18:01
What would be the best thing?

Hmmm....Paizo's Adventure Paths come to Fantasy Grounds? Or Heck, even EN Publishing's War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga

richvalle
March 27th, 2007, 18:50
What would be the best thing?

Hmmm....Paizo's Adventure Paths come to Fantasy Grounds? Or Heck, even EN Publishing's War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga

Have you looked at that yet? If so, how is it?

I started to look at the free DM's guide. I like some of their ideas, but not sure I'd like the whole campaign enough to use it.

rv