PDA

View Full Version : Dropping mini pictures from NPC Entries to tabletop

Phythalion
April 23rd, 2020, 23:01
On my Fantasy Grounds Ultimate why am I only able to drag NPC mini pictures from 3.5 NPC lists to the tabletop where they are full sized. It doesn't even have these mini pictures in other rulesets??? I'm trying in PF1.

MOD: moved to 3.5/PF Forum for better visibility.

Moon Wizard
April 23rd, 2020, 23:38
I'm not sure what you are referring to. Could you perhaps include a snippet of the screen where you see that?

On Windows 10, I use Window key + Shift + S, and use snip tool to get screen section. Then, I use Paint to save to a file.

Regards,
JPG

Phythalion
April 24th, 2020, 00:27

Phythalion
April 24th, 2020, 00:27

Blahness98
April 24th, 2020, 00:35
Did you purchase the bestiary or are you using the SRD bestiary that came with the program? If you are using the SRD one, images and tokens are not included as they are not covered by the OGL license as they are considered product identity. If you are using a purchased bestiary, then that might be a bug or an unlinked token.

Phythalion
April 24th, 2020, 00:43
Would that be the Bestiary I pack?

Blahness98
April 24th, 2020, 00:51
I believe so. This is the link to the store product: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO1112FG

LordEntrails
April 24th, 2020, 01:36
Note that you should be adding all NPCs to a map from the Combat Tracker and not from the NPC record.

When you add an NPC that does not have a token added (like the example you gave) FG will give it a letter token based upon the first letter of the NPC.

Trenloe
April 24th, 2020, 08:17
So, the issue is that you have some creatures that don't have tokens assigned.

The OGL bestiary (PFRPG Bestiary) available with a base FG license, doesn't have any images as these are not OGL (part of the SRD).

If you want a Bestiary that includes images, then you'll need to add your own or purchase the Bestiary product, available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO1112FG

To add your own, unlock the creature and drag/drop a token from the tokens directory. For example, the Adult Blue Dragon you show in your screenshot is available in the "Monster Tokens" token module that comes with FG.

However, this does highlight that the PFRPG Bestiary could be updated to be similar to the 5E SRD where either letter tokens or appropriate tokens from the standard FG token modules are linked to the creatures.