PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds 3E Official Bug Report Thread

Pages : [1] 2

superteddy57
April 23rd, 2020, 20:00
Moving to Live - 6/30/2020
We will be moving from Test to Live on the next Tuesday release. Please start making your data ready for migration to this new system by then. The old Live version will not be available after this date. We have also updated the wiki for the new features here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/484081682/Mutants+and+Masterminds

If you have any questions, please field them here and I will answer the best I can.

Installing
To use this new ruleset, you will need to change over to the Test version of FGC/FGU.

FGC
You can change over to the Test version, by choosing settings in the dashboard and clicking the radio button for test under updates.

FGU
You can change over to the Test version, by choosing settings in the dashboard. You will then need to click on the advanced tab and change Live to Test.

Overview
Mutants and Masterminds has been in need of an upgrade to it's code to start taking advantage of the great new features of CoreRPG. This will open it to allow to use CoreRPG based extensions and future updates to Core itself. Some refinements also were implemented to bring some automation to combat and other features of the system.

Features

Based on CoreRPG.
Character, NPC, and Combat Tracker improvements.
Added new nodes to track Powers and their parts, and Skills.

Character Sheet Main Tab

Here is the standard main tab in more rulesets. Advantages can be dropped or manually created in their frame. The abilities will roll a check based on the total of Rank and Power (needs to be inputted by hand, no automation). Motivations and Complications are not tracked in the sidebar and is basically a note location of those values. The Power Level, Hero Points, and Points Earned are not linked to any automation. The Power Points spent is automated and collects the various purchases through out the sheet. Partials are not tracked.

Character Sheet Combat Tab
See below

Clicking on the link for the power will give you access to the effects and also the ability to roll their checks. The Hero's Handbook (player's) does provide many examples on how powers are made.

Character Sheet Skills Tab
This was streamlined to a 3.5E experience that does allow you to add expertise, close combat, and ranged combat focused skills along with the other standards. The link to the skills are linked to the sidebar so new ones can be made and tracked.

NPC sheet

The NPC sheet was fashioned to be similar to the stat blocks from the Hero's Handbook for easy NPC creation. Skills can be copied and pasted directly into the box and the modifier will always be 6 in the example: Insight 4 (+6). Powers are also rollable as well. It will use the first number as the modifier for the effect. This has not been refined enough to figure out what is an effect. So, Life Support System: Immunity 10 • 10 points. will add 10 to the roll. Offense will allow making multiple lines. It is currently able to keep one line for attacks and separate by commas. I wasn't sure what way would be best so both are available and may remove the other if one side is more popular.

Combat Tracker
This should have the same automation as the NPC sheet and relay that information easily for the DM to make rolls and attacks. The combat system is not automated to auto track the health of the NPC or PC. This is due to players and NPCs having to do a roll and did not want to take that away from the player's or DM to perform. Bruises will track the mod for Toughness checks and there is a cycler to help track health. These fields do report back to the character sheet of the player. Effects are not fully coded and not automated to 5E level so those bonuses or negatives need to be tracked by hand. Targeting is available and will relay who the actor is acting against and such.

Feedback
Please let us know what you think of the changes. We're planning to keep this on the Test server for some time to give players a chance to try it out and see if we can find bugs that may have been missed. We plan to keep functional changes fairly minor, if possible, so we can focus on getting this to Live with a working and smooth running ruleset.

Updates

4/28/20 - Pushed a new update for review to fix the reported issues with the defense rolls on the NPC sheet and Power drops to the character sheet.
4/29/20 - [Fixed] Skills roll, Added attacks frame to combat and Powers have own tab, and changed Senses effect from 2/rank to 1/rank
5/1/20 - [Fixed] Combat Frame, Added softer theme, and other minor fixes
5/2/20 - [Fixed] Removed mention of ActionDamage script, refactored degrees of success to produce proper result, and CT NPC saves now pull in modifiers.
5/4/20 - [Fixed] Error when dropping effects onto array
5/7/20 - [Fixed] Toughness checks not adding in modifiers to roll and instead adding them to DC
5/26/20 - [Fixed] Added Option to toggle auto Toughness Checks to factor damage for NPCs
6/3/20 - [Fixed] Configured NPCs to be used with new parsing engine in ruleset for attacks and skills
6/3/20 - [Fixed] Updated combat engine to use original engine for parsing of NPC attacks and process for PCs to attack. Removed rolling ability of powers and expanded Attack frame to include damage inclusion. Old functionality restored from original code.
6/4/20 - [Fixed] Update of stats for defenses and the health not displaying healthy by default
6/5/20 - [Fixed] Modifiers on Defense totals, Attack Frame label to Combat, Standard conditions missing from effects window, Default target defense and target resist on creation of new entry
6/10/20 - [Fixed] Updated Player's module for items to be included
6/10/20 - [Fixed] Updated Character sheet with a more robust power tracking frame. Merged Attack Frame and Powers tab into one frame. Added Inventory tab for equipment tracking and functionality with equipment points.
6/10/20 - [Fixed] Various drop bugs and fixed issues with adding extras/flaws to effect. Disabled Calls to calculate PP Cost till I can sort out the calculations
6/11/20 - [Fixed] Power Point Cost Calculation, also added an array button for own calculation being performed.
6/16/20 - [Fixed] Added attack details back to the attack line for easier access to controls and update relevant bonuses. Attack and Damage rolls work as intended with setup. Old toggle will show/hide the attack details.

Combat
I have pushed a new update that is mirrored to the original system. I have only updated the code to use the proper functions. For those that have been a long time user of the system should see familiar uses and actions. For reference, I used this as a guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49060-FAQs-Tips-How-To-s&p=435903&viewfull=1#post435903) for NPC attacks and skill parsing. For the future, please use this as a guide to building custom attacks. I have updated the NPCs attack lines to reflect this change.

Further Combat Updates
Merged the Powers tab and the attack frame into a single entity. This will require setting up your powers again, please make a copy of your characters or make a note of the power setup. You can now drag n drop Powers directly to the Powers list and make custom headers to keep things organized. I wanted to get this out for testing before I refine it and add in the rest of the power point cost functionality. You may get some errors related to the power point cost being calculated. You can ignore them. Adding attacks/actions can be done through the radial buttons as well. The rolls should work as intended, but please report any findings. I have also required extras/flaws/options to be added through the power link or dropped on the effect. Disregard the add extra radial as I will hotfix this out.

Mortar
April 23rd, 2020, 21:52
Nice!

DrakosDJ
April 24th, 2020, 03:48
This made my day. I'm glad to see this ruleset get some attention.

TriOpticon
April 24th, 2020, 07:06
I started a new campaign and received the errors in this text file. I updated again and made sure I was on Test but still the same error.

I am able to start new campaigns in D&D, PF, Traveller 1E, etc.

superteddy57
April 24th, 2020, 15:04
Pushed fixes for the errors you saw. This was due to old files from the original that I did not remove. Shouldn't impact playing, but thank you for the report and log file!

TriOpticon
April 24th, 2020, 19:59
Thanks for the fix.

I loaded the attached character XML which I have not touched for 2 years. It has been so long I do not even remember the character but one of the issues is that on the Main page of the character sheet, the Advantages names are missing. You can see the Rank but nothing else. I also have FG Classic so I started that in Live mode (after updating) and they show properly.

Also, when I open the Hero's Handbook from the Library, some of the links do nothing. For instance, I click on Advantages and nothing pops up. If I click on Hero Points, the information pops up.

I think there are other issues on the character sheet and Hero's Handbook but I need to remember how everything works...

Thanks for taking this on. This is a ruleset that made me want to buy FG many years ago.

superteddy57
April 24th, 2020, 20:04
Well understand, that I have made some updates to certain aspects of the ruleset to help keep track of certain record types. Some old exported characters may not work and need to be remade with this new iteration. I tried my best to keep things the same as much as possible, but some things may break from older custom content.

TriOpticon
April 24th, 2020, 20:06
Ah, OK. I will try to create the hero in the new update. It will help me re-learn everything. :)

I think the Hero's Handbook is still an issue since that's not imported.

Thanks, again.

superteddy57
April 24th, 2020, 20:09
I updated the Hero's Handbook as well and that should be available on the Test server as well. Can you double check as the old one should be no longer available on the Test server. It was also split into Player's/GM books

TriOpticon
April 24th, 2020, 20:16
I did another update, did not see any new ones, but tried and nothing happened.

To make sure I haven't forgotten everything, I loaded a campaign. The Hero's Handbook is loaded. I click Library on the bottom right. I click Hero's Handbook and a list of sections is displayed on the right. I click Advantages, nothing. Same for Armor but Conditions works and a list of conditions opens in a new window.

superteddy57
April 24th, 2020, 23:51
My modules did not have Armor so that sounds not the correct module. Also mine would indicate player or gm version. I will need to check.

superteddy57
April 25th, 2020, 02:07
Make sure you are on the Test server from the instructions in OP. Then go into your modules folder and delete the module for the Hero's Handbook. Then try doing another update.

stoyrwalker22
April 25th, 2020, 04:47
Just purchased Mutants and Masterminds 3e. Followed the instructions for updating to the test server. Can see the two modules loading, but they do not show up to select in the library. Install location and data directory are not the defaults for Steam, but all settings are pointing to the correct location. There are simply no modules to load in the library.

vegaserik
April 25th, 2020, 06:08
Mine doesn't show up in the library either.

TriOpticon
April 25th, 2020, 09:52
Make sure you are on the Test server from the instructions in OP. Then go into your modules folder and delete the module for the Hero's Handbook. Then try doing another update.
I have double checked and I am in Test.

I have 3 in my folder (...\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds U\channels\Test\modules):
Mutants and Masterminds 3E Hero's Handbook (GM)
Mutants and Masterminds 3E Hero's Handbook (Players)
Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Ed Heroes Handbook

I have removed all 3 and now updating...
I now only have these 2:
Mutants and Masterminds 3E Hero's Handbook (GM)
Mutants and Masterminds 3E Hero's Handbook (Players)

I start a new campaign. There is no Hero's Handbook showing in Modules. And, of course, Library shows nothing. I seem to be at the same point as stoyrwalker22 and vegaserik.

Any ideas?

RicochetJack
April 25th, 2020, 14:03
it's April of 2020, are you anywhere near releasing this on live?

damned
April 25th, 2020, 14:40
it's April of 2020, are you anywhere near releasing this on live?

This thread was started... yesterday...

superteddy57
April 25th, 2020, 15:37
@TriOpticon Great to hear you see two modules. The mistake was on my part. Thank you for helping me diagnose this. I pushed a fix for review and should be hitting Test server when it's given the green light.

@RicochetJack We released this upgrade to the Test server and will be there for some time for testing. No ETA on when it will go to the Live server.

TriOpticon
April 25th, 2020, 22:39
Thanks, @superteddy57. Once it gets updated I will give it a look over and try creating a character. Looking forward to it!

Saeval
April 26th, 2020, 21:54
I was literally just about to give up on looking for a super hero ruleset to use with FG and go back to using Savage Worlds (great system but not ideal for my style of super hero games) I'm so glad someone is reviving this system for improvement and I'm looking forward to testing some stuff out and watching the progress.

Eman Ruse
April 27th, 2020, 19:25
Well, that would explain things. I would buy and try to learn FG on a stale ruleset.

On the other hand, it's cool that FG is remedying this, so thanks.

I'd help, but I'm completely lost in the sauce with FG. It looks cool but, mea culpa, apparently I didn't do enough homework.

Still, it looks really cool. Now if I could just get it to do... stuff, like import from Hero Lab.

Anyway, keep me in mind. If I ever figure out how to make it go, I'm willing to participate in this. I pretty much bought Unity for this game system.

ProfDogg
April 27th, 2020, 20:50
I was already working on one under the old (live) side... When it flipped to test side it got ugly, lost my powers under arrays, lost stories, etc... When I flip back to live will I be relieved? Anything I ought to do before I do that?

TriOpticon
April 27th, 2020, 21:03
ProfDogg, I believe when you switch to test it makes a copy of everything so that any changes made under Test do not affect Live. At least it looks that way when I look in the Data folder.

I still have not seen an update to the test side but once I do I will start making characters and posting bugs, etc. May have to update the sticky in this forum on how to do things.

opilio
April 27th, 2020, 21:06
I'm not sure how NPC sheets are supposed to work. What is the way Skills need to be formatted? The old format
e.g. Intimidation (Pre) +8 does not seem to work anymore. The same goes for offense. What is the format there? I guess we can only test this more when the modules do show up.

superteddy57
April 27th, 2020, 21:15
@ProfDogg When working with Test server, it is recommended to back up old campaigns or start new ones to test functionality. I can't guarantee your campaign data is there if you opened under the same campaign

@opilio I simply went with a copy paste mentality from the rulebook. So the format would be that. The modifier would be +10 if your skill looked like so, Acrobatics 6 (+10). I am trying to track down why the modules are not loading correctly and there are a ton of NPCs in the gm side of the Hero's Handbook as samples to build your own.

ProfDogg
April 27th, 2020, 22:35
@ProfDogg When working with Test server, it is recommended to back up old campaigns or start new ones to test functionality. I can't guarantee your campaign data is there if you opened under the same campaign

I think I'm good. The only odd thing (which, mind, makes sense bc of the way the old ruleset worked) is that I added a portrait to a character in the test side and it carried over to the visible portrait on the live side. The old set wouldn't let you add portraits to PC tab (you had to drag tokens over instead) so now I have one PC with a visible portrait. Otherwise, no loss that I can tell so far...

MattShepherd
April 27th, 2020, 22:54
Well, that would explain things. I would buy and try to learn FG on a stale ruleset.

You're not alone! I bought FG and the MnM ruleset on Saturday after some play of 5e but not GMing before. Tremendously happy that it's getting this attention now, but about to hop on with a friend to start generating questions that I'll have to organize into

a. stuff I don't know because I suck at FG
b. stuff I don't know because I suck at MnM
c. stuff that genuinely doesn't work in FGU / the MnM build

@SuperTeddy is there a preferred way for me to manage this? Post new threads or aggregate questions into this one to 'sort' based on what people know based on what I'm asking?

TriOpticon
April 28th, 2020, 00:39
Just my opinion but I would post bugs on this thread. I would create a new thread with questions about how to do something. Hopefully as things stabilize we can all learn how it all works.

Just updated and now I see the two handbooks in modules!!! I know what I'll be learning today! :) Thanks, @superteddy57!

lil
April 28th, 2020, 00:44
Now, this is with the caveat that I'm currently running FGU through Wine since we're still waiting for the Linux version of FGU.

That said...

Bugs I've noticed:
Buttons on the side just have the names for me. (Better than just icons, but icon + name is better.) [Only after update to test branch]

Dragging doesn't seem to be work after clicking off the window for any reason which makes a lot of interface bits unusable. (I suspect this is an FGU overall problem and not an M&M specific problem). [Both before and after test branch update]

Options screen seems blank of any options and many other lists don't seem to be populating [Both before and after test branch update]

Combat Tracker looks wonky [After update to test]

superteddy57
April 28th, 2020, 01:09
Thanks for the kind words. I would honestly post everything related to the test version here. That way we can focus on providing information here that is related only to the test version and not confuse it with the Live version. Also, I believe I have sorted the issue with the modules. Please do an update and see if it updates your modules. They should now have the proper definitions and able to be loaded into the test version of the ruleset.

@lil As FGU Linux is not out yet and running it through Wine has no baseline, I can't be sure what might be causing those issues. Have you tested it on Windows or Mac to see if you are getting the same issues?

Indrid Cold
April 28th, 2020, 01:40
This is great. I'm an FG newbie but experienced M&M GM. I'll try importing XML's from Hero Lab, and throw up one of the adventures (map, texts, NPC's) from the M&M Supernatural Handbook.

stoyrwalker22
April 28th, 2020, 01:55
I am getting a script error when I try to drag and drop powers or power effects onto a new character.

Since I can't figure out how to paste, I've typed it below.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:89: attempt to index local 'nodePowerlist' (a nil value)

EDIT: To update, this error was on the main page. Trying to drag and drop on any other tab did nothing.

I am logged into test, but am not the GM.

TriOpticon
April 28th, 2020, 02:03
I get errors when double clicking on Will or Dodge on an included NPC character (Crimefighter) from the manual:
[4/28/2020 9:47:33 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "willdefense"]:4: attempt to index global 'ActionSpell' (a nil value)
[4/28/2020 9:47:47 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "dodgedefense"]:4: attempt to index global 'ActionSpell' (a nil value)

I get the error that stoyrwalker22 mentions but only if I try to drop it on the Main tab of the character sheet:
[4/28/2020 10:03:01 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:130: attempt to index local 'nodePowerEffectslist' (a nil value)

superteddy57
April 28th, 2020, 02:17
This is great. I'm an FG newbie but experienced M&M GM. I'll try importing XML's from Hero Lab, and throw up one of the adventures (map, texts, NPC's) from the M&M Supernatural Handbook.

Importing from Hero Lab will most likely not work. The xml may not line up with the way the ruleset is setup.

@TriOpticon and stoyrwalker22 Thanks, I will look into those errors you are experiencing.

Indrid Cold
April 28th, 2020, 02:23
I tried importing a character (an XML file). Getting [ERROR] Import: Missing root node. XML file attached.

Never mind I just saw the post above this.

TriOpticon
April 28th, 2020, 03:29
@Indrid Cold, that looks like a file from HeroLab which isn't compatible with M&M3E on Fantasy Grounds.

Indrid Cold
April 28th, 2020, 03:38
Thanks--got it.

DeviousHeart
April 28th, 2020, 06:00
Very happy to hear this! :)

lil
April 28th, 2020, 16:02
Thanks for the kind words. I would honestly post everything related to the test version here. That way we can focus on providing information here that is related only to the test version and not confuse it with the Live version. Also, I believe I have sorted the issue with the modules. Please do an update and see if it updates your modules. They should now have the proper definitions and able to be loaded into the test version of the ruleset.

@lil As FGU Linux is not out yet and running it through Wine has no baseline, I can't be sure what might be causing those issues. Have you tested it on Windows or Mac to see if you are getting the same issues?

I haven't, and considering I'm not running windows or mac, I won't be able to. That said, if it helps, my wine was mimicking windows 7 (since it's usually one of the more stable yet supporting windows versions for wine to mimic.)

superteddy57
April 28th, 2020, 16:14
@lil I am sorry you are running into issues with Linux, but you might want to check some threads on FGC's use through Wine in the forums to report your questions. I unfortunately have not been able to replicate your experience. The issue may be with the use of Wine and that may need some troubleshooting to get the ruleset running correctly.

Pushed a new update for review to fix the reported issues with the defense rolls on the NPC sheet and Power drops to the character sheet.

viresanimi
April 28th, 2020, 17:13
Ok... I am completely comfused here!

Charactersheet:

What... where do we set up powers effects? What is that "Powers list"? Never seen that before! Are those the possible attacks? Cause you can put them in the lower window on the combat tab. Which is where attacks used to be. But that sure didn't use to have arrays. Arrays are for power sets. And those powers sure can't be used to roll any attacks either...

Powers Effects is what it's all about right. This is the super stuff you can do. But I can't put them anywhere?

Is there a tab missing? Cause that's what it looks like to me. The "Powers / Gadgets" should be its own tab and respond to Power Effects. And the window it is in on the combat tab should be that place were attacks were put.

Am I missing something or is it because you haven't gotten to that part yet? I tried to look back at past comments, and didn't see any notice of things missing.

Vires Animi

lil
April 28th, 2020, 17:23
I am sorry you are running into issues with Linux, but you might want to check some threads on FGC's use through Wine in the forums to report your questions. I unfortunately have not been able to replicate your experience.

My concern was mainly to help in case there would be issues on the equivalent windows version. My hope is that when they release the actual FGU-Linux (which is *supposed* to be this month, but considering the current date, I'm apprehensive), things should work better there.

mfontana
April 28th, 2020, 17:44
@viresanimi - I know your confusion, but after playing with it, it does make a certain sense. The Powers list are just the pre-made powers based on Power Effects. So any new general powers could go here for your players. Especially if/when the Power Profiles book might get a conversion. Building Powers requires the Power Effects list in conjunction with the Extras/Flaws list.

- In the Powers/Gadgets section right click and "Add New Item". This will create a new entry for a Power.
- Next right click to "Create Power". Click the edit icon (the Fantasy Grounds Dragon symbol). Don't forget to toggle the arrow button nearby the cost to display the power just added.
- In this dialog drag in a power, then drag Extras/Flaws onto the power.

It seems its a very manual process at this time. Dragging pre-built powers does not create a new power item, but hopefully will be rectified in the future.

Issues I've seen so far in the character sheet:
The costs of powers items within a power item do not display/refresh automatically. I've noticed that after a reload/close of my campaign, the values do appear though. Also powers in arrays show their costs to be zero. Not sure what is supposed to happen. I would expect the highest cost power would be at full value and the remaining would be 1 if less than the array pool. Also since when a power has array selected the cost of the array needs to be manually adjusted to reflect the additional alternate effects. For example a 30 point Array with would cost 34 (30 for the most expensive and 3 point for the additional effects).

Hope this makes sense. I know it's in early design, but I like what I see so far. I'll probably adjust the opacity/contrast of the blue backgrounds though. The contrast really difficult for my 55 year old eyes :D

viresanimi
April 28th, 2020, 17:55
Ok. Fair enough. I missed the "Effects" label under any new power you made.

But it is SO different from how it used to be and compared to the old way of doing things, I didn't find it intuitive at all. Especially since - well - I still don't see the attacks window anywhere. I thought it was a misplaced window.
I still prefer the old way of listing things though. Where you see power effects now is where you used to see Extras / Flaws. Now you can't see those without opening the power effects link, which isn't optimal in my mind. Being able to see the extras / flaws without having to open a link is a must in my book.

Another issue I noticed. Again, from a perspective of someone that's been using the old system for years: You can't apply damage from NPC's ?

superteddy57
April 28th, 2020, 18:33
@mfontana The Array? radio will stop the auto calc of the powers to the P.P. Cost box and allow you to enter in the exact cost of the array. You are correct in the delay of the calculation is a problem I am hunting down currently. The theme also was gathered from the old ruleset and have been looking for a replacement, but this is what is being used currently, sorry!

@viresanimi First thank you for the feedback and continue providing it. I asked many for assistance in providing feedback into the creation of this upgrade and this is the result. Is this permanent, no, is this available for testing and feedback, yes. This isn't going into live for quite some time till it's smooth and provides the same level (or greater) of experience as the old one. So, please continue testing and report back here your concerns and suggestions. Also understand that some things may have changed as well due to reports I have received from those that extended help during the coding phases of this ruleset.

superteddy57
April 28th, 2020, 19:59
I have been toying with the Powers section and it is a pain to have to open the power and then roll the effect. I was thinking of going further with the toggle and adding an effects area

This should make the effects available to be viewed and rolled. The issue I'm seeing is the view of the extras/flaws/options. I could add them as text to the effect or do yet another toggle area to view those. Then the window gets a bit cluttered at that point. What I was thinking was maybe add a tooltip with the extras/flaws/options.

Thoughts?

viresanimi
April 28th, 2020, 20:23
It's certainly interesting having 2 powers side by side to use the space effectively. However all the space under the "Effects" header is wasted.

Suggestion: 34520

Remove the header and just have the power effects show up as a list. Add the "down button" (?) so you can place / see extras / flaws beneath each individual power effect. The advantage over a tooltip would be that you have the link, if you need to quickly see what the extra does exactly.

Just a thought.

P.S.: If you look at your image. Notice the break in the border right of the "teleport" text? I think I reported that bug about 8-9 years ago. Any chance the graphics will be fixed now? *grins*

superteddy57
April 28th, 2020, 20:25
I noticed the weird break in the frame as well. I think it has to do with the way they coded it (for some speed I snagged a lot of the code). I do like the sub look viresanimi. I'm gonna do a mock up and report results.

viresanimi
April 28th, 2020, 20:40
It's been a while since I've used the ruleset. But as far as I remember the ruleset didn't automatically add the bonuses for attack and damage rolls. Something like +10 so you would have a 50/50 chance to hit, if the opponent was perfectly balanced compared to you. I forget the real math here, I need to look it up. (Will do later. Have a massive headache).

It would be nice if the ruleset would add these base modifiers to rolls, so players don't forget.

Sorry. Not best description, but wanted to type it down before I forgot.

TriOpticon
April 28th, 2020, 20:41
First, nice update cleaning up the buttons and tabs on character sheet!

Second, it has been so long since I've played M&M and used the ruleset I feel like I am starting over again on how to build powers. I am just creating characters from the book (working on The Rook from page 50 of the Deluxe Hero's Handbook) to make sure I get the same numbers, etc. In other words, I have no idea what I am doing. :)

Cosmetic bug:
1. Character sheet on the Combat tab, Create Item under Powers/Gadgets
2. Create Power on that Item
3. Click the FG icon to open the Power dialog? Not sure what this is called
4. From the player handbook, go to Power Effects and drag Senses to the dialog under Effects and it creates the Senses effect
5. Click the FG icon next to the Ranks (Rollable) numeric box and you get something like the attached image. This happens whether or not you are in Edit mode on Effects.
6. Also you can see where the text wraps where it says Extras Flaws Option(s)

superteddy57
April 28th, 2020, 20:43
Thank TriOpticon. That is really weird. I'll investigate it.

I spent time building all the archetypes and the characters in the book to verify things were calculating correctly. So I might even add them in as pregens once we make sure character creation and powers are functioning correctly.

mfontana
April 28th, 2020, 20:54
I've been creating characters from the DC Adventures books to get the hang of the new interface. I didn't have a problem with the Senses effect as mentioned above, but I did see that the Senses Effect's cost is +2 per rank and the Handbook is +1. I was working on Superman's super senses the cost was not coming out correctly.

Also, is the "(rollable)" tag just a place holder for now? Wasn't sure how you were rolling from the Powers/Effects dialog. Just making sure I'm not missing something obvious.

superteddy57
April 28th, 2020, 21:21
@mfontana I am working to get the rollable widget to appear to show that the box is rollable for the effects. That's how I was going to handle doing the checks with powers. I double checked my source and it does say +1/rank so I'll get that changed.

TriOpticon
April 28th, 2020, 22:54
Does this look right for The Rook's Cowl? Again, I am entering The Rook from page 50 and just added his Cowl. This is how it is written in the book:
Cowl: Senses 3 (Extended Vision, Low-Light Vision, Radio), Removable (–1 point) • 2 points

I did change the Senses cost from 2 to 1 and it calculates the cost correctly. If I put 3 in the Ranks (Rollable) box then it calculates the cost as 5 so I assume I should leave it at 0.

vegaserik
April 29th, 2020, 00:10
This is already a BIG difference, makes me think about this game again for the first time in years! Thanks for doing this!

superteddy57
April 29th, 2020, 01:39
If it is Senses 3 then you want to give it 3 ranks. You have it set to 0. When you roll it wont add rank of power to roll.

TriOpticon
April 29th, 2020, 01:42
If it is Senses 3 then you want to give it 3 ranks. You have it set to 0

So if I set Ranks (Rollable) to 3 then it calculates the cost as 5 when it is actually 2. So I assume that is a bug?

stoyrwalker22
April 29th, 2020, 01:52
Ok. Fair enough. I missed the "Effects" label under any new power you made.

But it is SO different from how it used to be and compared to the old way of doing things, I didn't find it intuitive at all. Especially since - well - I still don't see the attacks window anywhere. I thought it was a misplaced window.
I still prefer the old way of listing things though. Where you see power effects now is where you used to see Extras / Flaws. Now you can't see those without opening the power effects link, which isn't optimal in my mind. Being able to see the extras / flaws without having to open a link is a must in my book.

Another issue I noticed. Again, from a perspective of someone that's been using the old system for years: You can't apply damage from NPC's ?

I second this sentiment completely.

Logarus
April 29th, 2020, 02:01
This is BS....

You should not have a system up for sale if its FUBAR like this one. Just bought it because of the Covid-19 I can't go out or have people over because of my susceptibility so I thought I do a remote game, MnM… ya that looks good.... no you have been fooled its crap.!

Was going to play this coming Sunday but that looks out. would have not gotten people excited or bought the ruleset on Saturday the 25th.

you should have kept it backward compatible or something before screwing the while thing.

Put a warning on the site if one of your rulesets isn't working.

TriOpticon
April 29th, 2020, 02:08
It is in test mode, not live mode, so just switch back to Live (nonTest) mode. And, you can request a refund, Logarus.

superteddy57
April 29th, 2020, 02:12
This is on the test server for testing while it is in upgrade mode. The live version is still available at this time. If you are referring to the test version, it would help if you broke down what the issues you are running into. If you are using the Live version, then this project is here to help bring the system up to date with other rulesets. Also, if you are not happy with the purchase, we do offer a 30 day refund.

DrakosDJ
April 29th, 2020, 04:27
Just load the production version instead of the test version. Then you will have the current working version. There is a reason this version is in test.

Logarus
April 29th, 2020, 06:06
that is why I am Frustrated. the live mode does not work at all..... it will not load the book and you can not bring up a character. it is also FUBAR... I was not just complaining to be a jerk , I was complaining Legitimately. as I said why sell it if isn't working.

TriOpticon
April 29th, 2020, 08:11
Logarus, I am able to load the book in Live mode (I use it so I can compare some existing characters that I made years ago to the new stuff). Can you post some screenshots of what you see? This is mine on Live:

opilio
April 29th, 2020, 12:08
I'm still a bit confused why the powers for NPCs are rollable and why does it roll a d20 and adds the rank or the first numbers it finds.

On the PC side I do not get how to make custom actions to use powers. What does rank rollable do? In the old version one could edit things like Attack Bonus and Effect DC separate. It might be there, but I do not understand how I find it.

Also can I change Crit Threads? I.e. many people improve crit range as part of their powers, true for PCs and NPSs.

Saeval
April 29th, 2020, 12:11
I’m also curious of the syntax for setting up attacks and damage rolls for NPC’s. What the correct way to write it out so the combat tracker can parse out the difference between attacks and defenses including toughness vs damage dc’s

MattShepherd
April 29th, 2020, 12:41
Thanks for all the work you're doing on this, superteddy, it's much appreciated.

As somebody who is new to FG as a GM, returning to MnM for the first time in a decade, and on the test server, which seems to be the best MnM option for 'training' as it will be forward-compatible with the eventual live version, I have a bunch of questions.

I'll ask them here, but please feel free to tell me which ones are best resolved by me digging more into FG mechanics, which are just functions that aren't reasonable for me to expect the MnM ruleset to ever have, and which are legitimately bugs or issues that are on the to-do list:

- The Conditions are billed as "drag and drop" in the product page for Mutants & Masterminds on FG, which I was really hoping would be the case -- keeping track of things like that is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping FG would help with. Via the manual in the Library, there's a list of Conditions and text descriptions of each, but nothing interactive.

- Can somebody walk me through how dragging and dropping into the Powers tab of a character 'sheet' works? I seem to sort of be able to create arrays, but not very effectively, and I can't seem to add individual powers, or enter ranks in the sub-powers that appear in an Array. On preview this seems to be something that isn't just me.

- Similarly, I can't figure out how to run attacks in the Combat Tracker. I was trying it tonight, and I can't figure out how to roll an attack for an NPC against a player (or another NPC). There don't seem to be any traits I can drag into the chat window to roll an attack.

- Similarly, damage statuses in the combat tracker don't seem to update when a PC rolls successfuly vs. an NPC. Should they, or does the GM manually control damage statuses for everyone following results in the dice roller?

superteddy57
April 29th, 2020, 16:30
The Conditions are drag n drop, but are merely text placeholders. The sidebar has a button called effects that contains all the conditions in the game. They however are not built out to apply modifiers to attacks or are 5E level of automated. I looked over the FG2 version and they were in the same state. I could be wrong and will gladly be proven wrong to help get that transitioned in.

Right now I have the Powers/Gadgets set up to be all arrays currently till I am able to get the sort looking more intuitive. I will get it that sorted as the first thing that I was not really happy with when I transferred the code over from the FG2 version. But the current process is to create an array and then drag n drop powers onto the array. I put in a radio button to allow not factoring the power cost of powers so you can enter your own value. The rollable check for effects is currently under the link for the power. That is what I am currently working on at the moment is to pull that out and have it show under the powers.

The CT is actually where most of the work went into to bring it to FG3. NPCs and Players can target each other and their attacks will register the DC that is being used. Powers might a bit wonky as we are in transitioning to find the perfect situation for the players. I have provided a ton of sample NPCs to show how they can be set up. Those are either double click or drag able to the actor they are affecting by hovering your mouse over the attack/skill/power you are wishing to roll. I did not set up the automatic toughness check as that would take away the dice from the player and DM which is a big no no in our eyes. We always want to allow people the ability to roll if they choose. Bruises are what affects toughness rolls and will track the mod. The cycler next to it will track their status as well, but needs to be done manually.

As M&M is a very open system and requires a lot of opposed rolls things may need to be done manually. As I stated above it could be automated but would take the dice out of player's and DM's hands. Systems like 5E and any of the D20's can automate combat because most of it does not require a defense roll. They deal with flat responses. So yes, you will need to handle it manually.

opilio
April 29th, 2020, 17:17
Probably, I can clarify what I mean with a screenshot from the old char sheet: 34572

Where are those attacks supposed to go on the new sheet? I somehow fear that right now the concept of attack/power got mixed. The powers are the abilities, but the attacks and many other rolls when it comes to using powers are based of skills checks not the power ranks.

Logarus
April 29th, 2020, 17:45
it was requested that i put up a screen shot. i have tried to use this program on two different computers and the same result... i can not load the book so no powers or anything... if you can help i would be great but i am not the only one having this problem according to these forums.

superteddy57
April 29th, 2020, 18:18
That is the Live version of the ruleset. The Test version is on the Test server. I provided steps in the first post to switch over.

Logarus
April 29th, 2020, 19:59
KMN.... i know... I was told to leave a screen capture of the live version because it was suppose to work.... just doing as asked. And you say the test version works but it is not working well. that is what i was saying.......

opilio
April 29th, 2020, 20:28
KMN.... i know... I was told to leave a screen capture of the live version because it was suppose to work.... just doing as asked. And you say the test version works but it is not working well. that is what i was saying.......

I am no admin here, but I suppose to get help it would be easier to open a new thread in the House of Healing section for customer support. This thread is about testing the upcoming version and your current problem does not seem related to that.

TriOpticon
April 29th, 2020, 22:53

What is KMN?

Did you activate the module for M&M? To do this you click on the open book in the upper right toolbar (the tooltip will say Modules) and the Module Activation dialog will display. In there you should see the handbook and you need to activate it (open the brown book) to make it available. It should now show in your library. You also activate other modules in this dialog.

Everything else will remain blank as you build the parts (story, NPCs, etc) to make the adventure.

TriOpticon
April 29th, 2020, 22:59
The Conditions are drag n drop, but are merely text placeholders. The sidebar has a button called effects that contains all the conditions in the game. They however are not built out to apply modifiers to attacks or are 5E level of automated. I looked over the FG2 version and they were in the same state. I could be wrong and will gladly be proven wrong to help get that transitioned in. It was the same way in the previous version. No automated conditions.

The CT is actually where most of the work went into to bring it to FG3. NPCs and Players can target each other and their attacks will register the DC that is being used.I have played with the CT some and it works pretty well.

TriOpticon
April 29th, 2020, 23:54
@superteddy57, when I drag an Advantage over to the main screen I see the chat box scroll as if something is getting written. However, nothing shows. Not a big deal but just curious what it is.

Thanks! I hope to have The Rook entered and setup a quick combat today.

TriOpticon
April 30th, 2020, 00:10
Possible bug: On the character sheet I am just clicking on the skills to roll the d20. It does roll it but it does not add the bonus to the die roll. This is just from the character sheet Skills tab.
The chat window shows The Rook: [SKILL] Close Combat which is correct and the rolled value. I tried several skills and none of them add any bonus.

Logarus
April 30th, 2020, 01:06
Kill Me Now...KMN

superteddy57
April 30th, 2020, 01:14
@TriOpticon The skills roll is on my list, thanks for helping me remember. I wanted to sort out the powers list first to gain access to the effects to help roll them. I will do a double check of advantage drops to see what is going on there.

I did another pass through the old version and the 'Attacks' frame on the combat tab I can set up, but I won't be adding a damage option. This automation takes dice out of the hands of players and the DM. Combat will have to be performed with less automation than the previous. We aim not to take the dice out of anyone's hands. So Powers will get it's own tab as before. This will give you more room to track them. I will put back in the attacks frame on the combat tab to create your own attacks, but the ability to do attacks from the power effects is available as another option. I will work on these updates tonight and try to get them pushed for tomorrow at some point.

TriOpticon
April 30th, 2020, 01:18
Thanks, @superteddy57. Keep up the great work.

For my cosmetic bug up above it seems to happen if you have that dialog unlocked. If it is locked then it looks okay.

superteddy57
April 30th, 2020, 03:03
Can you post a picture of it so I can see it in more detail?

TriOpticon
April 30th, 2020, 03:52
There are 3 pictures. First is Senses and it is unlocked:

Next is the same dialog but I started scrolling the text in the blue area:

Finally, this is with the dialog locked and it scrolls normally:

superteddy57
April 30th, 2020, 05:21
Ok thank you. I will have a look.

TriOpticon
April 30th, 2020, 05:23
Looks like there was an update and I get the following error when trying to load a campaign:
[4/30/2020 12:49:12 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-28)
[4/30/2020 12:49:12 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[4/30/2020 1:15:39 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[4/30/2020 1:15:39 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[4/30/2020 1:15:39 PM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[4/30/2020 1:15:48 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading ruleset XML file. [Mutants and Masterminds 3rd] [campaign/record_char_powers.xml]: An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 665, position 7.
[4/30/2020 1:15:49 PM] Tabletop scene exiting.
[4/30/2020 1:15:49 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[4/30/2020 1:15:49 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[4/30/2020 1:15:49 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-28)
[4/30/2020 1:15:49 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[4/30/2020 1:15:49 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Game server connection was lost. Please return to launcher, and start game again.

Easy enough to fix locally so I can keep testing. Nice changes to the character sheet, too!

superteddy57
April 30th, 2020, 05:32
Thanks. Didnt check Unity before pushing. I will hunt those down. Thanks for the report. Were you still able to continue past the error for now?

DrakosDJ
April 30th, 2020, 05:33
that is why I am Frustrated. the live mode does not work at all..... it will not load the book and you can not bring up a character. it is also FUBAR... I was not just complaining to be a jerk , I was complaining Legitimately. as I said why sell it if isn't working.

Well then there is a different issue because the live version is working for many of us. I know the it does for at least me. I see the book and I can create/edit characters fine. I've even run games using it.

superteddy57
April 30th, 2020, 05:42
@TriOpticon I checked with the other devs and its a reported issue in Unity. This is not isolated to this Test version, but across all rulesets. I will help in tracking it down, but may require a fix on the backend of the program.

TriOpticon
April 30th, 2020, 05:55
Thanks, @superteddy57. Here is a cosmetic error with the new powers tab. The FG icon is getting chopped in half. I have also attached the exported character in XML if that helps.

superteddy57
April 30th, 2020, 07:09
Thanks! I'll check it out and thanks for the PC. The Rook is now my test dummy haha

viresanimi
April 30th, 2020, 07:33
Oh wow. That new powers tab is really something. I like it. How do you come up with this stuff?! *grins*

A few suggestions:

Charactersheet (Main Tab): I would have the "Motivations / Complicatioins" window switch places with the "Power Points Earned" window. Since you can resize the charactersheet, the area of the Motivations window could be used. The other one is just wasted space. Also. As far as I recall, you could make new links in the Motivations window in the old system. As in a player note. As it is now you basically have one line and that seems rather inadequate to describe why a character does things.
So I would either have it works as before, or turn the whole window into a text field (like the Notes window in the Notes tab). Not a bunch of lines.... if that make sense? And if using the later option, the increased space from window resizing would really come handy.

And now for the "minorest of minor issues". Let's say you want to delete something from the combat tracker. Right click --> Down ---> Left. Easy right? This is how its done pretty much everywhere in Fantasy Grounds. But not in the powers tab. There you need to Right click ---> Down ---> Down. Not the same. And if you want to delete an attack: Right click ---> Left ---> Left. 3rd way of deleting stuff. And the "create button" in attacks has also shifted 1 position to the left.
Yes I must have OCD or something. Mea Culpa! But it's the small things that count sometimes. Can we have the first option for everything?

As for the NPC sheet. I wouldn't mind if the skills window was moved to the bottom of the Main Tab. Having the skills in one big blob is problematic for me, so I keep them as lists on my npc's. That takes up a lot of space. But that is just a personal preference, I don't know if anyone else here feels the same. Just a thought.

Finally a note on the whole appearance of the ruleset. There are numerous issues with the theme. Windows misplaced. Combat tracker looks weird if you expand it. That's ok. Fix the system first, then give the whole thing a pass later, to make everything line up and be pretty. Right?
But in my honest opinion. Once everything works as intended, I wouldn't mind a new skin for this ruleset. It looks pretty grey and outdated at this point. I mean. The right border beneath the buttons... isn't that the standard from CoreRPG? A fresh coat of pixels would be nice. Time is money. I know. But would be nice! *smile*

I have to say that I really appreciate how open you guys are to suggestions and critique. The community and eventually the ruleset will be better for it. So thanks for that.

vegaserik
April 30th, 2020, 11:35
it was requested that i put up a screen shot. i have tried to use this program on two different computers and the same result... i can not load the book so no powers or anything... if you can help i would be great but i am not the only one having this problem according to these forums.

Ok, I think I see your issue. You have to click on the book icon up in the upper right where combat trackers and party sheets usually are. To open it, you have to drag the book open. That's how you open modules in the ruleset. THEN it should be in your library - called "The Net" on the side with the buttons. It's a bit backwards compared to the newer rulesets like 5e cause this thing is like 8 years old and uses the OLD version of FG still.

MattShepherd
April 30th, 2020, 11:43
Thanks for the earlier answers, superteddy - I think I have some basic questions about the interface and how the MnM module differs from 5e, but I'll start another thread.

More immediately, trying to load my test campaign this morning I crashed out, with this log:

[4/30/2020 6:38:34 AM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-28)
[4/30/2020 6:38:34 AM] Launcher scene starting.
[4/30/2020 6:38:47 AM] Daily session backup created.
[4/30/2020 6:38:47 AM] Starting cloud server mode. [MattShepherd]
[4/30/2020 6:38:51 AM] Game server started. [68.183.117.123:60492]
[4/30/2020 6:38:51 AM] Launcher scene exiting.
[4/30/2020 6:38:51 AM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[4/30/2020 6:38:51 AM] Tabletop scene starting.
[4/30/2020 6:38:59 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading ruleset XML file. [Mutants and Masterminds 3rd] [campaign/record_char_powers.xml]: An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 665, position 7.
[4/30/2020 6:39:00 AM] Tabletop scene exiting.
[2020-04-30 6:39:00 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[2020-04-30 6:39:00 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[4/30/2020 6:39:00 AM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-28)
[4/30/2020 6:39:00 AM] Launcher scene starting.
[4/30/2020 6:39:01 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Game server connection was lost. Please return to launcher, and start game again.

I'm now getting "Cloud server already exists for your Fantasy Grounds account" when I try to launch; even after shutting down FGU and restarting, I'm hitting the same log / error.

superteddy57
April 30th, 2020, 11:57
@MattShepherd Thanks for reporting that, I'm working on it now. Unity is particular about how comments should be displayed.

@viresanimi I'm open to try and make things smoother and great suggestions. Those were my next moves in terms of the radial options. Wanted to see how the reception of the new pushes went before moving onto the next item on my list. The NPC sheet was modeled after the rulebook, but if no one else see's an issue with it, then it's quick to move it down the list a bit. As for the theme, I'm checking out to see if we can getting the other CoreRPG base themes working for M&M. I did some tweaking to get them to load and here is an example of the Brown Theme.

Needs tweaking, but another option if another theme can't be changed from the original.

opilio
April 30th, 2020, 13:38
Man, this already looks fantastic!

mfontana
April 30th, 2020, 14:44
Thanks for the hard work @superteddy57!

I like the changes to the powers and having it in its own tab now. My only concern right now is differentiating between Cost fields and Rank fields. I'm guessing at some point you'll add dice decorations or something similar to the Rank fields to show they are roll-able, if so you can ignore this. I'm going to rebuild out my Superman as I broke down his Supersenses power to have each Sense Effect as an individual power so I could see each effect. The expander button to show the Effects eliminates that now.

TriOpticon
April 30th, 2020, 20:51
Thanks! I'll check it out and thanks for the PC. The Rook is now my test dummy haha :)
Glad to help! Still working on him, too. Not sure I have all the powers correct based on his page in the book (page 50).

I'll be adding an NPC soon to test them out.

TriOpticon
May 1st, 2020, 00:26
Question/bug about the combat. I have attached a picture.

First, what is the check-circle next to the Atk Bon.?
Second, when I roll it says [ATTACK (ranged)] Unarmed [CRIT 20] . How do I make it say (close) instead of ranged?
Finally, just cosmetic issues where the Attack Deta line is with text chopped off.

DrakosDJ
May 1st, 2020, 03:28
I actually like the blue theme.

In related news, I'm not a fan of the one displayed in the attached picture (Brown Theme).

viresanimi
May 1st, 2020, 05:32
In related news, I'm not a fan of the one displayed in the attached picture (Brown Theme).

That is an extension that works for all CoreRPG rulesets and not specifically made for M&M.

MattShepherd
May 1st, 2020, 13:26
@superteddy57, just so's you know, I'm still getting this error when trying to either load or create an MnM campaign in FGU:

[5/1/2020 8:24:15 AM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-28)
[5/1/2020 8:24:15 AM] Launcher scene starting.
[5/1/2020 8:24:24 AM] Starting cloud server mode. [MattShepherd]
[5/1/2020 8:24:27 AM] Game server started. [68.183.117.123:55017]
[5/1/2020 8:24:27 AM] Launcher scene exiting.
[5/1/2020 8:24:27 AM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[5/1/2020 8:24:27 AM] Tabletop scene starting.
[5/1/2020 8:24:36 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading ruleset XML file. [Mutants and Masterminds 3rd] [campaign/record_char_powers.xml]: An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 665, position 7.
[5/1/2020 8:24:37 AM] Tabletop scene exiting.
[2020-05-01 8:24:37 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[2020-05-01 8:24:37 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[5/1/2020 8:24:37 AM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-28)
[5/1/2020 8:24:37 AM] Launcher scene starting.
[5/1/2020 8:24:37 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Game server connection was lost. Please return to launcher, and start game again.

You said you're working on it, so maybe a fix is underway -- I just don't know how long these things typically take, so don't have a sense of the polite interval before noting it's still going on.

superteddy57
May 1st, 2020, 17:16
Thanks MattShepherd, I've pushed a new update for review today that should help sort that. I also fixed the attack cycler TriOpticon mentioned that automatically sets the defense targeted. I also did some various other fixes as well.

TriOpticon
May 1st, 2020, 19:38
Thanks, @superteddy57. No more errors such as MattShepherd's and the combat section looks nice!

gregthefreak
May 1st, 2020, 21:32
OK finally got the time to check this out. First of all I want to say a big thank you to Superteddy57 for his hard work and the long days sat in his underpants getting this done. I hope you have since managed to catch up on your sleep since.

I am a novice GM with FG and a novice with M&M so here's what I have found whilst playing around with the test server.

Dice Tower - can we have the SAFE Icon back? fits better with the theme

The reference Manuals are superb, a bit of art from the book and all the information, in chapters and easily accessible

Pre existing characters are missing some bits, but I will assume that this is because the previous version was less automated. Personally, as a "new customer" this is not a serious issue as I had not done too much work creating characters for my game. I can see it being an issue for GM's who have already been running M&M as they will need to do some extra work to put things straight.

I converted LOOSE CANNON, from HERO HIGH, and who I have taken from Hero Lab's library of pre-generated characters, Hero Lab does a great job of doing all the math for you The M&M character creation process is very complex, I highly recommend it.

On installing the new version of M&M - Advantages, Motivation / Complications are missing. This data was entered manually so as I mentioned before, not a huge issue for me. The update allows Advantages to be dragged and dropped, no data from the rule book in the data window once dropped on the character sheet though?????

Dragging powers from the rule book onto the character sheet works superbly, data windows are functional.

COMBAT - create and enter details manually, no problem here as the countless options would be mindboggling to code for. Entering totals and having the attacks calculate in the combat tracker work great. Players / GM's will have to roll manually for defences, again with M&M being so customisable this is not an issue, and also keeps players engaged during combat, even when its not their turn.

In all I am impressed, it may seem only superficial changes have been made but I know how hard the Superteddy57 has worked to bring us this long overdue update.

MattShepherd
May 2nd, 2020, 00:00
This is all spectacular -- thanks again, @superteddy57.

I'm trying to pull a Defenses roll from the combat tracker, and getting this error:

[5/1/2020 6:53:05 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]:99: attempt to index field 'sCheck' (a nil value)

superteddy57
May 2nd, 2020, 06:23
Thank you for the report. I will add it to the list.

TriOpticon
May 2nd, 2020, 08:05
I get the same error as MattShepherd.

I also get some warnings when it starts up
[5/2/2020 3:56:13 PM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (Mutants and Masterminds 3rd) (ActionDamage) (scripts/manager_action_damage.lua)
[5/2/2020 3:56:20 PM] [WARNING] Frame chatbox contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[5/2/2020 3:56:20 PM] [WARNING] Frame chatbox contains out-of-range values in Bottom.
[5/2/2020 3:56:20 PM] [WARNING] Frame chatbox contains out-of-range values in BottomRight.
[5/2/2020 3:56:21 PM] RULESET: Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Ed. ruleset v1.0.0 for Fantasy Grounds

Not sure what caused this error. I was just switching tabs and trying the defense roll from the CT but did not see when this popped up. I will try to nail down what I did.
[5/2/2020 3:57:09 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "common/scripts/string_crosslink.lua"]:48: setValue: Database node type mismatch (charsheet.id-00001.damage.health:number) (string)

When I change tabs on the character sheet, for instance when I go to Main:
[5/2/2020 3:57:37 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet)
[5/2/2020 3:57:37 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet)
[5/2/2020 3:57:38 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[5/2/2020 3:57:38 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet_main)
[5/2/2020 3:57:38 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet_main)
[5/2/2020 3:57:51 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet)
[5/2/2020 3:57:51 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet)
[5/2/2020 3:57:51 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet_main)
[5/2/2020 3:57:51 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet_main)
[5/2/2020 3:58:48 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet)

superteddy57
May 2nd, 2020, 09:21
Please try and replicate the CT error you encountered. That means that the data isn't being sent from the CT to the character sheet correctly. As for the warnings. I wouldn't worry about them at the moment. I would focus more on any errors you might encounter.

TriOpticon
May 2nd, 2020, 11:43
Trying to duplicate the error above but no luck so far

However...

On the CT when double-clicking on an NPCs Dodge, I get this error and no dice are rolled:
[5/2/2020 7:32:26 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]:99: attempt to index field 'sCheck' (a nil value)

Also on the NPC on the CT when I place the mouse cursor over the Advantages section the whole section is highlighted. When double-clicking it prints to the chat:
[CHECK] Animal Empathy, Attractive 2, Benefit (Cipher), Close Attack 2, Daze (Deception), Defensive Roll 5, Diehard, Fascinate (Deception), Ritualist, Trance
I would assume it should highlight 1 Advantage and do the check on that advantage when I double click on it.

I will keep trying to duplicate the one above

superteddy57
May 2nd, 2020, 21:54
Thanks for the report, the advantages shouldn't have rolls. I'll look into that and see why that is highlighting. The Skills, Attacks, and Powers should be the only rollable fields for NPCs on the CT. I had a new update get pushed last night that should fix the Defense rolls on the CT. Can you update and double check that for me?

TriOpticon
May 3rd, 2020, 00:39
The Defense rolls from the CT now roll but no bonus is being added. I have Parry +9 and rolled the die and it rolled a 14 and just set the final value to 14.

Also, this warning still happens on startup:
[5/3/2020 8:32:21 AM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (Mutants and Masterminds 3rd) (ActionDamage) (scripts/manager_action_damage.lua)

TriOpticon
May 3rd, 2020, 00:55
Also, what are the light blue +1 next to the Strength, Intellect, Awareness and Presence abilities? I do not see them on any other character sheet.

superteddy57
May 3rd, 2020, 01:46
Ah, someone held ctrl and mouse wheel to add a modifier. Left over code from 3.5E. Pushed an update to fix the errors you posted.

TriOpticon
May 3rd, 2020, 05:48
The Defense rolls from the CT now roll but no bonus is being added. I have Parry +9 and rolled the die and it rolled a 14 and just set the final value to 14.

Also, this warning still happens on startup:
[5/3/2020 8:32:21 AM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (Mutants and Masterminds 3rd) (ActionDamage) (scripts/manager_action_damage.lua)
Both of these issues are fixed in the latest update along with the extraneous +1 on the abilities.

Thanks, @superteddy57!

Jorune
May 4th, 2020, 03:40
I keep getting the below script error every time I try to drag and drop the power effect "Leaping" onto my character sheet under create effect line I made. I instead have to manually type in the ability in the tab on my character's sheet.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:132: attempt to index local 'nodePowerEffectslist' (a nil value)

TriOpticon
May 4th, 2020, 05:51
Also, it is not just Leaping that causes the error.

superteddy57
May 4th, 2020, 06:27
Thanks. I will try and replicate it.

superteddy57
May 4th, 2020, 13:19
Can you tell me exactly where your dropping it. I'm just not getting that error

Edit
Nevermind, found it

Jorune
May 4th, 2020, 14:31
Cool. I do like what I've seen so far with the update. It has been a bit of a learning curve. But I finally finished my first character. I look forward to seeing where you take the rule set in the future.

superteddy57
May 4th, 2020, 15:03
The goal is to get it upgraded to 3.0+ and layered on CoreRPG. We are still currently looking for a full time developer for this ruleset to take the reigns. I will attempt to smooth out the wrinkles and squash the bugs, but no plans on implementing any new features.

TriOpticon
May 5th, 2020, 06:57
Cool. I do like what I've seen so far with the update. It has been a bit of a learning curve. But I finally finished my first character. I look forward to seeing where you take the rule set in the future.
Would you mind sharing your character, Jorune? I always like to see how others build their characters. Thanks.

superteddy57
May 5th, 2020, 07:27
Once this goes live, I can start a sticky thread for character builds.

Saeval
May 5th, 2020, 08:41
I have a short campaign of another system planned that I’m about to start but as soon as I finish that I can’t wait to start a true super hero game instead of shoehorning a game into a system not meant for it. Thank you for all the work you’re doing on this. Something that would be nice in the future is a tab on the party list where you can drop the pc’s and it will show their defenses sort of like how it is in the 5e ruleset for D&D. I’ll have to keep a note of my players defenses and their motivations / complications for hero point distribution too. Having something on the party sheet to write some small amount of GM notes pertaining to the characters and maybe being able to see how many hero points each character has at a glance (maybe on the player avatar at the top) would be super helpful

MattShepherd
May 5th, 2020, 23:56
Once this goes live, I can start a sticky thread for character builds.

That would be awesome!

superteddy57
May 7th, 2020, 08:02
Pushed a new update to fix modifiers not being factored into rolls and being added to the DC instead.

TriOpticon
May 11th, 2020, 02:06
@superteddy57 there are still the cosmetic issues where the light blue box overlaps the frame when the dialog is not locked (Character sheet) and now with the NPC sheet at the bottom where you see the Skills box:

superteddy57
May 11th, 2020, 03:55
Thank you for the report. It is still a FGU issue and we are still looking into what is causing the issue.

TriOpticon
May 11th, 2020, 07:39
Thanks, @superteddy57.

For NPCs is there a place to put Complications? Also, how do you set the critical threshold for NPC attacks?

Jorune
May 11th, 2020, 12:50

TriOpticon I build all my characters in Hero Lab. The character's I've been working on are all pregens from my campaign that I've already had for some of my PC in our IRL game. I've just been converting them over to FG, so that I can play with my group and and have several spare character's for new players to choose from. It's a bit of a challenge converting them. Some finagling has to be done to get the power point cost the same as what they are on the original sheet, but it's coming along.

The character above is pretty much a base Tank build character that was designed for one of the female gamers in my group.

superteddy57
May 11th, 2020, 16:53
@Jorune Thanks for the share! That looks like it turned out great. I've also set up a character share for the M&M community in the forum under Powers Emporium sticky if you wanted to share more characters and/or powers.

Jorune
May 11th, 2020, 17:12
Awesome! I will make sure to do that. :-)

TriOpticon
May 12th, 2020, 00:16
TriOpticon I build all my characters in Hero Lab. The character's I've been working on are all pregens from my campaign that I've already had for some of my PC in our IRL game. I've just been converting them over to FG, so that I can play with my group and and have several spare character's for new players to choose from. It's a bit of a challenge converting them. Some finagling has to be done to get the power point cost the same as what they are on the original sheet, but it's coming along.Thanks, @Jorune! I appreciate you showing them. I am no M&M expert even on paper so I am still learning just how to create powers and calculate points. I may have to do some finagling, also.

Although I guess on FG the costs don't interact with anything other than making sure you are within the PL.

Saeval
May 12th, 2020, 21:14
2 things I noticed, under the Extras/Flaws tab the Ranged Extra talks about creating tunnels and the burrowing power instead of the general Range description. Also, under the healing power, the Restorative Extra is just added on to the end of the Ranged Extra in the text when it should be it's own link. I'm compiling some stuff that I find like that as I start building my new campaign and I'll post any others I find. Some of these are easy to fix on the user end but I figured you would want them correct in base version of the ruleset.

When adding npc's to the combat tracker (I usually do it from a prebuilt encounter) is there any way to roll their initiatives automatically? It would be a pain to roll individually for each enemy but it's doable if needed.

superteddy57
May 12th, 2020, 22:17
I will check on that description. I did some clean up near the end to remove some of the Effect extras to use the generic Extra/Flaw. If you can point those out, I will update them. As for the initiatives, if it wasn't in the live version (older ruleset) it won't be available with the test version. So I will double check and see if that is available there.

mfontana
May 13th, 2020, 14:05
I'm finally back after Life happened. I really like the changes so far. There's only a couple things on the character sheet that I see currently. The first is the combat sheet the attack value total does not include FGT or DEX depending on Ranged or Melee combat. I did close out and reload the module to see if it was similar to earlier issues with calculating but it does not include the attribute value. Second is Extra/Flaws expansion area in the Powers sheet. Having powers with even with a few extra/flaws is going to be difficult to read (see attachment). Wouldn't it make sense to just list it in line instead of having two E/F with limited text area? Also, it would be very nice to use the extra horizontal space to allow more text on the Power Effects and Extra/Flaws line. The screenshot shows the character sheet at its minimum width and there's tons of space to use.

I'll be getting into the combat tracker and running sample combats to see if I run into any issues this weekend.

Combat Tab - Attack Total not correct
Powers Tab - Effects/Flaws current layout

superteddy57
May 13th, 2020, 14:34
First the Powers should fill the width of the screen. To try and use as much space as possible, each new power should fill length wise and I tried to cram as much I could. I think I need to increase the width of the character sheet a bit as it's default isn't fill width, but you can if you resize it. As for the attacks, I will see why the FGT and Dex is not being applied.

Edit:

I did check on the previous version and attacks did not automatically incorporate the FGT and/or DEX total into the rolls. As this was copied from the previous version (minus removing the damage portions), it should be a replica of that feature.

mightywok
May 13th, 2020, 15:27
Is it normal that when I drag a Toughness check into the chat area, it always rolls against DC 15? How can I get it to check against the DC of the actual attack used?

superteddy57
May 13th, 2020, 15:34
There is no automation between Attack and Defensive rolls due to them being contested rolls. The previous ruleset version would automatically roll (in some situations), but that takes dice out of the hands of the player's and DM's. I choose not to pursue this as it would go against some of the guidelines for automation. Attacker rolls attack, defender rolls toughness or defense save manually. So the DC can't be changed, but needs to be tracked in game.

mfontana
May 13th, 2020, 15:36
The first line (the Power Item) does stretch across the width of the sheet. I was just pointing out the Power Effect and Flaws/Extras line items seem to be hard coded in size even after adjusting the sheet size. I put it at the minimum width just to show that there seems to be more than enough horizontal space to expand if left hard coded in width.

To the attack value, then I think that "Skill" is a bit misleading for a label as I was expecting to put the character's Skill Rank in and the ability Rank would be added in for the final total.

superteddy57
May 13th, 2020, 15:45
This is an example of some powers added into that section

It does use up the space from what I am seeing. I apologize if this is not what you a referring to, but might need some more elaboration.

mightywok
May 13th, 2020, 15:47
There is no automation between Attack and Defensive rolls due to them being contested rolls. The previous ruleset version would automatically roll (in some situations), but that takes dice out of the hands of the player's and DM's. I choose not to pursue this as it would go against some of the guidelines for automation. Attacker rolls attack, defender rolls toughness or defense save manually. So the DC can't be changed, but needs to be tracked in game.

Okay, it's no problem; I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Sounds like it's working as designed - thanks!

superteddy57
May 13th, 2020, 15:51
No worries. I wanted to provide some reasoning behind the design since it was not transferred from the previous version of the ruleset.

mfontana
May 13th, 2020, 16:16
Sorry about that. I see what I was doing and rebuilt the Super-Breath so that each Power Effect was an item. My original build put both Affliction and Move Object effects in the same Power, which I guess is technically allowed but the formatting isn't as nice. I guess it's going to be a stylistic decision for people on how to construct their Powers.

Here's screenshot of alternate build for Super-Breath

superteddy57
May 13th, 2020, 16:23
Powers are certainly one of the coolest things about the system, but not great from an organizational stand point. I have multiple ways to build powers if you prefer just building the power and it adding the elements without right clicking. If you click on the link for the power, you can use this window to build out the powers as well. The design really came from how the first one did it and just smoothed the rough edges of it.

Saeval
May 13th, 2020, 20:22
What I’ve been doing to keep things easy is I put the damage rank in the name of the attack, for example:
Fire Bolt (Rank 6)
Then when I roll the attack vs the targets defense the damage rank shows up in chat, so the defender can use the damage rank as a negative modifier to his toughness roll which would even out to a dc 15. It’s not pretty but the outcome is still the same.

DrakosDJ
May 14th, 2020, 06:19

I see what your dying here but I have to say, the automation is a big part of why i use this product. I can understand that you want to keep the control with the user but I liked the system to automate my job as a Gm. I would prefer when someone attacks that the system automatically roll the appropriate defense. In fact I would have liked to see more automation; for things like AoE powers auto hit and rolling the dodge then the appropriate defense roll DC based on the result of the dodge. Same for Perception attacks auto hitting but then rolling the resistance check. These are the more cumbersome fiddly parts that I think is perfect for automation. It speeds up game play. A happy medium is to allow the GM to choose what rolls are automated like in some other rulesets.

The lack of automation would be a big negative for me.

Saeval
May 14th, 2020, 07:01
I can see the argument for both sides and while the level of automation is was drew me away from other VTT’s and to stick with FG I also want the players to be as involved as possible. I know it doesn’t mean anything but rolling my own save feels much better as a player as opposed to the GM dropping a power on my character and then it automatically rolling my save for me. I wish there was a pop up or another box besides the modifier one or something that when you double clicked the save, it asks what the rank of the power you’re saving against is so you can input that and then roll your save and it gives you the degrees of successes or failures. But I’m not a programmer so I don’t think that’s easily done within the framework of Fantasy Grounds and we would need a programmer who is willing to work on this ruleset full time as a contract and not out of the goodness of their own heart like what I think SuperTeddy is doing.

damned
May 14th, 2020, 08:09
At this time I believe there is not going to be any further major reworkings of the ruleset.
It was updated to CoreRPG to give access to a lot of the CoreRPG features like Calendar, Tables, Reference Manual (capability), etc and known bugs were addressed.
I dont believe there will be much else done for this ruleset at this time. I dont think it is economic for them to spend a lot more time on it.
If there is a developer with an interest in maintaining and developing the ruleset they would earn a commission on sales and could drive some of these improvements.

If that sounds like you - get in contact with [email protected]
The big task of porting across to CoreRPG is done and that means that you could concentrate on feature improvements.

DrakosDJ
May 15th, 2020, 05:46
At this time I believe there is not going to be any further major reworkings of the ruleset.

But it sounds like some functionality that was there was removed. He stated that the old ruleset had the automation but he didn't carry it over.

In FG Classic you just included the save DC's in the power description and it rolled the saves.

TriOpticon
May 16th, 2020, 23:24
@DrakosDJ, I think this was more of a design/company decision that products would not automatically roll dice for the player. Of course, that would not stop an extension (I believe) from being written by a 3rd party to add an option to have that happen.

@superteddy57, conditions are not taken into account, and I do not think they were before, correct? That would have to be an extension to add the option, correct?

ProfDogg
May 17th, 2020, 02:33
@DrakosDJ, I think this was more of a design/company decision that products would not automatically roll dice for the player. Of course, that would not stop an extension (I believe) from being written by a 3rd party to add an option to have that happen.

@superteddy57, conditions are not taken into account, and I do not think they were before, correct? That would have to be an extension to add the option, correct?

Automation is fine for games like 5e. Other games, like M&M really need more GM control.

Saeval
May 17th, 2020, 02:52
I like the idea of players rolling their own Toughness checks but it gets tedious for a GM to keep rolling for enemies on top of the all the other stuff we have to keep track of. I would like some automation to stay for that if possible just to help out the GM who has to juggle so many things at once.

viresanimi
May 17th, 2020, 03:31
I like the idea of players rolling their own Toughness checks but it gets tedious for a GM to keep rolling for enemies on top of the all the other stuff we have to keep track of. I would like some automation to stay for that if possible just to help out the GM who has to juggle so many things at once.

I couldn't agree more.

superteddy57
May 17th, 2020, 05:29
@TriOpticon Conditions are basically text. The original ruleset did not have much in terms of automation that I could see.

@ProfDogg That is correct, extensions are always available to heighten the ruleset. I don't believe the code is/was vaulted, so should be available to poke around in there. Plus, we are still looking for a person to take over the ruleset and then they can take it where they wish to go with it.

TriOpticon
May 17th, 2020, 06:37
If I can figure out adding extensions...

DrakosDJ
May 19th, 2020, 04:30
Automation is fine for games like 5e. Other games, like M&M really need more GM control.

I actually think it is more necessary for a game like M&M.

Wookiee420
May 21st, 2020, 21:31
Just picked up the ruleset, and it looks great, awesome work!
I think this is a great level of automation, I haven't used it much yet, but i like how it takes care of enough thinking but leaves it still feeling realistic.

I am planning a campaign, if there is anyone that wants to join a game, hit me up, there is an LFG on the discord, i dont want to post it here. PM me if interested!

Wookiee420
May 21st, 2020, 21:51
how am i supposed to get the power effects onto the sheet? I cannot drag and drop them. Like Extra Limbs, Concealment, Senses, Teleport, etc?

TriOpticon
May 21st, 2020, 22:11
Are you running under Test or Live, @Wookiee420?

Wookiee420
May 21st, 2020, 22:27
Are you running under Test or Live, @Wookiee420?

Test

TriOpticon
May 21st, 2020, 23:02
So I usually do Create Item (right click in the Powers/Gadgets section and select create item). Then I give it a name and right click and do Create Power. I then click on the new star button and there I add my Effects:

Wookiee420
May 21st, 2020, 23:22
So I usually do Create Item (right click in the Powers/Gadgets section and select create item). Then I give it a name and right click and do Create Power. I then click on the new star button and there I add my Effects:

Thank you very much!!!

Wookiee420
May 21st, 2020, 23:24
another question, how do you do strength based damage?

TriOpticon
May 22nd, 2020, 06:42
As a power or in a combat/offense? Give me an example of what power you are building, maybe list it like you would on a regular character sheet.

Wookiee420
May 22nd, 2020, 13:43
like a power with strength based damage. i'm trying to make an attack with swords and i want it strength based

mfontana
May 22nd, 2020, 14:32
@Wookiee420 I found to handle Extras/Flaws on Traits I added the Enhanced Trait and then add the Extra/Flaws. The important step is to set the Effects cost to zero so as not to include the cost of the Effect since its not technically added on top of the base trait. Here's a screen shot of Impervious Toughness for Superman as an example. He has Impervious on his 18 Toughness. Maybe someone has some alternate ways to do it, but this what I found. This can also be used if only partial strength is added as damage by just changing the rank of Enhanced Trait effect to a value less than the user's strength.

Wookiee420
May 22nd, 2020, 14:45
thank you, that makes sense, but a strength based damage would be like Thor swinging Stormbreaker. Here is what the book says about it page 156

If you choose, a Damage effect can be Strength based—something like a melee weapon—allowing your Strength Damage to add to it. You add your Strength and Damage ranks together when determining the rank of the attack. Any modifiers applied to your damage must also apply to your Strength rank if its bonus damage is to benefit from them. However, any decrease in your Strength reduces the amount you can add to your Damage, and negative Strength subtracts from your Damage! Likewise, anything that prevents you from exerting your Strength also stops you from using a Strength-based Damage effect. If you can’t swing your fist, you can’t swing a sword, either. On the other hand, a laser blade or thuderbolt staff does the same damage whether you can exert your Strength with it or not.

mfontana
May 22nd, 2020, 14:53
Ah I get what you're saying. At this point i would just write up the Hammer as the power and then add all the Effects including the Enhanced Trait (with cost set to zero) to boost the Damage up to add in the characters strength. There's currently no automation that I'm aware of to add the characters Strength directly. Also since the Damage Rank is added to 15 for the Toughness save the Character/NPC will have to mentally make the add when rolling the Toughness save. It's no longer automatic to allow Players to be able to roll there own saves.

Hope that makes sense.

mfontana
May 22nd, 2020, 15:28
Ah forget it. I see the problem. Strength provides Damage is an "implicit" extra based on the context of the Power created (aka Melee weapons). You might be able to get away with it by Adding the Damage as two separate Effects, one for the base weapon ability and the second being the Characters Strength with Flaws to take out the cost. I've been trying it but it seems Reduced Trait flaw might not be calculating or just doesn't work as expected.

With that said, the combat section does not provide a Damage text block with the Attack where the implicit add of strength could go. Maybe a future enhancement would make that possible.

ProfDogg
May 26th, 2020, 18:37
Any estimates (guestimates?) on when this goes from test to live?

superteddy57
May 26th, 2020, 18:51
After testing of the new auto damage feature I added and should go live shortly after.

Please check first post for a new update hitting and information on what was added.

DrakosDJ
May 27th, 2020, 06:14
Thank you for listening to the feedback and adding the toughness save automation back in.

WayneLigon
May 31st, 2020, 00:26
So. what is the giant spot in the bottom right hand corner of the character sheet?

superteddy57
May 31st, 2020, 00:29
That is in the Live version and not part of the Test version. This was used as a picture frame from what I saw in the code and was no longer needed due to having available portrait and token areas on the character sheet.

DrakosDJ
May 31st, 2020, 06:30
That is in the Live version and not part of the Test version. This was used as a picture frame from what I saw in the code and was no longer needed due to having available portrait and token areas on the character sheet.

Teah, it was nice but I admit it took up way too much space.

BrianFlint
June 4th, 2020, 01:49
Thanks so much for this latest revision, with so much of the combat functionality restored! We'll be play testing it tonight and tomorrow, but I did notice a couple of things right off:

1. When I drag the resorted Effect DC die over the target, it adds 15 or 10 (Damage vs. other Resistance types) to the roll. This shouldn't happen, since that adjustment is made in the Effect DC line when setting up the attack/effect. The Resistance DC should just be the number in the die window (or the number form the NPC combat line) you're dragging. Proper resistance types seem to be working, though, so yay that!

2. My first couple of rolls with an NPC attacker went well (issue #1 above aside), but then dropping the Effect DC number stopped working. It still differentiates from the attack portion of the line when you roll over it, but grabbing it does nothing but produce an error; double-clicking it produces another error (see Errors 1.png). But no results. Maybe when I shut it down and restart it will work again... we'll see.

3. Lots of general errors appear (see Errors 2.png) although they don't usually seem to negatively affect outcomes; I'll document those more thoroughly over the next day or two, but I'm including a screenshot of the most recent ones, for what it might be worth.

4. In the Defenses section of the PC character sheets (where Dodge, Parry, etc. are found) the Power Point cost is being calculated improperly – it's adding up the Rank column (which is just a copy of the Attributes from the Main window, and already "paid" for), when it should be adding up the Enhanced column. Artemis spent 3 on Defenses, not 29!

5. Not seeing conditions being shown in the Health column of the Combat Tracker... that was an original function and, I thought, part of your new version... am I mistaken on that last part?

Again, thanks for restoring this functionality, this makes the revamp brilliant, in my opinion :-) So many things to like, not the least of which is the ability to resize the PC character sheet window... and I just realized that may be why the character portrait had to go, resizing that might've been an issue, no?

Also just discovered the "Item ID'd" / "Item Not ID'd" function – very nice!

I'll be back with more as we get chance to play test more rigorously over the next evening or two.

BrianFlint
June 4th, 2020, 02:19
I did restart, and the problem in #2 above did resolve, sort of... the first couple rolls it still seemed broken, but then it just started to work (?!), although it did generate an error each time

Unfortunately, it now seems to be adding +8 to all the Effects DC, instead of 10 or 15 (which at least made sense, game-wise; I've no idea where +8 is coming from). On top of which, all characters seem to have a -1 Bruise subtracted from both attack and effect rolls, despite no bruise penalty showing in either the CT or character sheet.

I'm including two screen shots that illustrate all this. Gah, I'm confused...

superteddy57
June 4th, 2020, 03:31
@BrianFlint It might be best to try a fresh new campaign and continue testing. I can not replicate the last post, but I did commit another version for review. So please start a new campaign and report if a fresh campaign is giving you the same issues.

Edit:
If they are still an issue, please zip up your old campaign for me and post it here please

BrianFlint
June 4th, 2020, 07:07
Ah, sorry, it hadn't occurred to me to try that. I'll start up a fresh one tomorrow and see how that goes...

Thanks!

Jorune
June 4th, 2020, 07:10
I noticed with the update the Defense and Initiative totals are not adding up properly. They are excluding the core attribute associated with ability. In the pic I provided is a completed character and a new one I'm working on. Both are missing their Agility stat total with their Initiative along with it adding to their Dodge. Same with Parry, Toughness, Fortitude and Will. The base stat isn't adding in. For now I can do a work around by just adding the stat total under the "Enhanc." column, to get the total same as what's on my character's paper character sheet.

BrianFlint
June 4th, 2020, 07:21
I found a similar problem, Jorune, but it was more intermittent – some Defense stats transferred over from the Attributes as they should, others were half what they should be, and others were missing altogether.

As a half-way work around, if you just re-type them into the Rank column of the Defenses section they seem to stick thereafter. Them you'll have to use the Enhanced column to list the defense options you've purchased with Power Points (such as to Dodge or Toughness). Unfortunately those don't show up in the Power Point Cost bubble at the bottom of the Defenses section; instead it seems to be adding the Rank column, meaning you pay twice for for your Attributes – yikes! But I suspect it's an easy fix. The Stat column is there, it just needs to put the appropriate Attribute number into the total column, then ranks you've purchased go in the Ranks column (and are the only think that goes into the PP cost bubble), and Power Enhancements go in the Enhancements column.

The Initiative problem is similar – just put your Agility rank in the Advantage bubble and use the Power bubble for any enhancements. I'm pretty sure this will be an easy fix, too.

superteddy57
June 4th, 2020, 22:59
@BriantFlint and Jorune

I have committed a new version that should get defense totals to update correctly with the stat added in without additional ranks that would offset costs on the character sheet. Similar treatment was done with the health cycler as well. I'm not sure if the stat should be able to be changed on defenses, but left it open for possible homebrew and the like. The combat update was geared to ensuring the original combat system was in and was copied from the original code. The only update I did do was adding in the base DCs. It was available in the original code, but was never used. Thought this was a huge help as you just need to focus on adding in the correct modifiers moving forward. This is also applicable to NPC attack lines. I have updated the NPCs to reflect this (some attack lines might be wrong and wish someone to help in getting those correct or relay those are done right).

5. Not seeing conditions being shown in the Health column of the Combat Tracker... that was an original function and, I thought, part of your new version... am I mistaken on that last part?

I will need elaboration on this as the conditions should show in effects on the combat tracker. If that is not what you are referring to, then I need more information and possibly some pictures as to what you are pointing at as missing.

BrianFlint
June 4th, 2020, 23:45
@superteddy57

Wow, quick work! I just downloaded the latest update, and the Defenses section issue still seems to remain. I started a new character, thinking maybe what I was seeing was holding over with the existing character, but the Attribute stat still isn't populating from the main tab. I was wondering myself about whether the Attribute type in the Stat column should be changeable, but it was originally, and like you I figured it was OK for the sake of flexibility.

I tried the combat and it still seems to be adding 10 or 15. I'm actually not opposed to adding in the two base DCs (interesting that it was in the old code but never used), but then the Adjust. bubble would need to be removed from the Effect DC line (otherwise too many people would fill it in and wonder why their numbers were so big, lol). Is it easier to make the code inactive again, or to remove the bubble? if we were voting, I'd say go with whatever is easiest.

After a couple of attempts I started to get the previous problem of the Effect DC die doing nothing – roll it over the target, roll it into the Chat window, double click on it, it just returns errors no result. I have screen shots of these, if you think they'd help, but I'm thinking maybe I need to start afresh campaign again. Is that the standard practice for this sort of testing? I don't mind, except it's sort of time consuming to have to keep inputting PC and NPC info... but that's my next step.

The Combat Tracker heath stuff seems to be working... it may have been an artifact of using a non-fresh campaign last time.

I should also note that under the Attacks section of the Combat tab, the down arrow button isn't working to close up the detail lines of each attack, from three lines to one.

OK, I'm going to try a fresh campaign and Valcorin and I are going to do some more thourough testing at 18:00 Pacific time (about two hours from now).

Thanks!

superteddy57
June 5th, 2020, 00:04
I don't believe the new update to fix the defenses is currently pushed to the Test server. There is review step that needs to be performed and may take some time to get to you. As I mentioned prior the Base DC is set to add to the roll by default. The original code had it in there, but was omitted for some reason. I'm not sure of the reasoning, that would require the original developer to step in and explain the logic. I personally like the base DCs being already in place. Just need to add the modifier and off you go. The Adjust bubble could be a misc bonus area if you so choose to use it. The Effect DC die button doesn't do anything besides report to the chat the DC. If you click and drag it to the NPC, it should then go through a resistance roll. I will see if I can get some gifs up to show you what I see.

Wookiee420
June 5th, 2020, 00:06
@BrianFlint if you know xml at all, you can copy your npcs and PCs from one campaign xml to the next, then it will only take you a few minutes each new campaign you make

Saeval
June 5th, 2020, 00:07
You can also export custom created content from campaigns if I’m not mistaken. Under the Data tab at the bottom there’s an export button, then just select which items to export, then it adds it as a module you can load in other games.

superteddy57
June 5th, 2020, 00:10
Correct, it can be exported, but best to be careful as with the Test version we are changing things quite a bit and the DB might need a fresh creation once we have settled on the Live version of the ruleset.

@BrianFlint If you are doing testing, I'd like to sit in on it if possible and discuss things with you. Just please pm me your discord name with #number and I'll send you a message.

BrianFlint
June 5th, 2020, 00:15
Ah, that explains why I'm not seeing it yet... there was an update when I opened it an hour or so ago and I just assumed, lol.

I understand what is supposed to be happening with dropping the Effect DC on the target, and it's been working, just intermittently. Then it stops working, and I start getting error messages and no results. I'll attach the recent error codes.

I agree with you and I'm perfectly happy to have the two base DCs, 15 and 10, applied automatically. I think you're right about not removing the Adjust bubble, to; no reason it can't be used for miscellaneous whatever.

Do you think the new update fix will be up this evening, or should we wait until tomorrow? I know you have no control over that, just wanted to check if you had an idea on timing, so we can plan... Valcorin is on East Coast time :-)

superteddy57
June 5th, 2020, 00:37
I don't believe so, but please pm me your discord information if you use it and we can work together a bit and see what we come up with

superteddy57
June 5th, 2020, 19:25
New update incoming to fix various things

[Fixed] Modifiers on Defense totals, Attack Frame label to Combat, Standard conditions missing from effects window, Default target defense and target resist on creation of new entry

BrianFlint
June 5th, 2020, 20:58
All the above workarounds for the defenses glitch are unnecessary, superteddy57 has fixed it in the latest update. Huzzah!

BrianFlint
June 5th, 2020, 21:03
Only had a few minutes when i broke for lunch to test it out, but so far it looks great! Combat looks like it's working right, the Defenses issues are resolved, and modifiers can again be dropped onto stat bubbles to change them (so useful for halfing active defenses, among other things).

I'm uploading two of the pre-gens we talked about superteddy57, so you can take a look and let me know if I'm on the right track.

superteddy57
June 5th, 2020, 21:10
There should be another update with the fixes to the items you mentioned as well coming. Let me know if they did the trick

BrianFlint
June 8th, 2020, 21:09
Superteddy57, attached are our notes from this weekend's play testing. Let me know if there are questions :-)

superteddy57
June 8th, 2020, 21:29
I checked over your notes:

Character Sheet
All listed are graphical issues either with Unity or need a tweak to get right. I will be fixing the graphical issues after all mechanical ones have been resolved.

Importing Characters
As you mentioned you exported from the Live version of the ruleset. There may be slight changes and best to fill the in the blanks when going about this process. I tested with an export from the Test version and after a few passes it looked exact. So the issue only lies if you have exported your character from the Live version and import to the Test version.

NPC Intermittent Glitch
Without an error, I may need exact steps being performed. You mentioned it is only intermittent and might be tough to nail down if it only happens with low frequency.

Equipment
Looking over your section on this, you could add equipment that have attack properties to the attack frame or powers to the powers tab. Notes can hold a notation of the equipment taken with the advantage. I will ponder and see if I can make a solution that is more than a double of the advantage frame.

General UI Issues
1) It's a Debug I missed removing before pushing. It will be removed with next update.
2)Encoding on Unity. I will be updating them once I start going through graphical fixes.
3)Try double clicking the numbers on the CT to perform a defense roll. I will double check the drag code from the engine.

superteddy57
June 16th, 2020, 06:53
Updated first post with update details

DeviousHeart
June 16th, 2020, 13:43
Thank you again for all your hard work, SuperTeddy57. :)

Valcorin
June 16th, 2020, 21:23
Just did a play-test on the Test Server with the June 12 code for M&M. It went great - the powers/combat made it very easy to recreate my superhero. Auto sort works even on sub-levels! Drag and drop worked perfectly for combat and char creation. Other than minor UI tweaks to handle spacing and text chopped off (e.g., Extras, Flaws, Options in dialog box when you right-click to add Extras/Flaws), it is looking great.
There was some stalling during the initial character load, but I'm inclined to believe that was just my / GMs network rather than the code.
Again, great work, SuperTeddy57.

BrianFlint
June 17th, 2020, 02:04
I think Valcorin summed up our test session today nicely – well done, man! I had just two minor points to bring up, which are in the attached PDF (it's always easier with visuals!).

Really looking forward to playing with this updated ruleset when it goes live – thanks again for all the time and effort you've put in (and on a game you don't play!). Stellar work!

DeviousHeart
June 19th, 2020, 04:57
Is there a file parser to help convert stat blocks from Herolab into working character files .xml files for FG?

BrianFlint
June 19th, 2020, 05:12
Oh dear dog, wouldn't THAT be nice. But no, there's nothing that works, or at least there wasn't last time I checked six months ago. I've export from HeroLab many times, tried to edit the XML to work, but it never does.

I think superteddy57 mentioned that it still wasn't a possibility, with an explanation of why it's tough to make it work with M&M, although I'm blanking on the details.

If anyone knows of a way to get PC stat from HeroLab into FGU I'd be pleased to be proven wrong! As it is, I just have both open and it's not too strenuous to cross-copy, but boy I'd love to just export and import!

DeviousHeart
June 19th, 2020, 05:35
I know someone came up with a creature parser for 5e, but I am unsure about a character parser for them.

I guess we are the parser. *chuckle*

superteddy57
June 19th, 2020, 05:37
There are currently no plans to have a Hero Lab converter to FG Character Sheet.

BrianFlint
June 19th, 2020, 05:37
Lol, yes, we are! Oh well, maybe someday :-)

superteddy57
June 19th, 2020, 05:44
Excuse me, I meant to say on my end. Apologies.

DeviousHeart
June 19th, 2020, 06:30
Superteddy?

I think you have FAR MORE than your fair share and wish I could buy you a beer for all your efforts.

I was just hoping we had another coding M&M fan out there. :)

BrianFlint
June 19th, 2020, 19:06
Hi Superteddy57... a minor annoyance in the new Combat/Powers tab: when I open up a PC sheet for the first time in a session the powers are hidden. When I click on the "Power" bar, it opens the powers list, but then after several beats it closes it up again. Click it a second time and it stays open.

However, all the Attacks are fully open to the two stats lines, and the "edit list" down arrow buttons have to be double-clicked to close them (the same button for the powers is just a single click). This gets time-consuming when there's a lengthy list of Attacks to tighten up, and you have to do it every single time, for every PC.

Should not the tab, including the Powers header, not open to the state it was last left in? Or if not, can the editable fields for the Attacks at least default to being closed? Of course if you're planning on doing the magnifier icon to open a separate window for the editable stats lines, then this is a moot issue, and never mind :-)

Thanks!

superteddy57
June 19th, 2020, 20:36
I was able to replicate this and will get this sorted. I'm going to have it set to be collapsed by default and clicking the icon will make it appear. So when when you open a character sheet or reload a campaign, it will be collapsed.

FernandoFerric
June 20th, 2020, 23:38
I'm in love with MM
I acquired FGU / MM yesterday and spent the night creating a marvel / dc crossover adventure to play with friends, I was surprised by the lack of Quests, Tables and Parcels.

It was incredible. Congratulations on your work, SuperTeddy
Greetings from Brazil

superteddy57
June 21st, 2020, 02:50
The Test version, which is the updated version does include the Quests, Tables, and Parcels on the sidebar for record keeping. If the theme is a bright blue, then its the Live version. Instructions to switch are located in the first post.

ProfDogg
June 23rd, 2020, 19:49
The Test version, which is the updated version does include the Quests, Tables, and Parcels on the sidebar for record keeping. If the theme is a bright blue, then its the Live version. Instructions to switch are located in the first post.

Any guestimates on when the Test goes Live?

superteddy57
June 23rd, 2020, 20:40
Updated first post with the information on move to Live on 6/30/2020

ProfDogg
June 23rd, 2020, 23:19
Updated first post with the information on move to Live on 6/30/2020

Nice... I'd never hold you to it (best laid plans and all that...) but I am looking forward to it...

Much obliged...

ProfDogg
June 30th, 2020, 19:32
Nice... Playing with the new updates in FGC... Do you want bugs reported here or on another thread now that it's live?

superteddy57
June 30th, 2020, 19:45
Keep bug reports here

Wookiee420
July 1st, 2020, 00:55
I would like to announce that now that Superteddy57 did this amazing work bringing the ruleset up to date and live, I will be taking over maintaining and providing future updates. I look forward to continuing to provide you with the amazing products you have come to expect from Fantasy Grounds.

Saeval
July 1st, 2020, 02:40
I would like to announce that now that Superteddy57 did this amazing work bringing the ruleset up to date and live, I will be taking over maintaining and providing future updates. I look forward to continuing to provide you with the amazing products you have come to expect from Fantasy Grounds.
Yaaay! I’m glad it’s going to continue getting updates and work done because I’m looking forward to playing this after my current campaign. Thank you Superteddy57 for all the work you’ve done and thank you Wookiee420 for picking up where he left off.

ProfDogg
July 1st, 2020, 14:40

It's... <sob, sob>... BEAUTIFUL!!! It's just a thing of beauty...

Newf
July 1st, 2020, 15:48
Hi, I just updated before trying to make a character for a friend and now most of the powers are missing, and all the links for everything are broken. Any ideas? I tried deleting the modules and updating, but it didn't work. My group and I have had nothing but problems with the ruleset since we started using it and it's really frustrating.

Thanks.

Edit, nevermind. They got moved.

Delete this post.

Bifford
July 1st, 2020, 18:44
Hullo. Just bought the Ruleset. I hope I'm okay posting my thoughts here.

When it loads up the entire site is really quite dull and dark - all of the blues and greys really could do with some lightening up.

"Images & Maps" on the right hand buttons is too big for the box and overlaps in to the light blue surround.

In the Reference manual the Back and Forward buttons, by comparison have hardly any contrast, being white on beige. Can you differentiate the colours more here please.

In Library and "All" mode the bottom 3 items are half off the grouping size - is it possible to shrink the padding between all the boxes to tick so this appears in one go?

The "Create PC" toggle gets rid of everything except the "Characters" button - so all the Powers, Skills, etc disappear!!!

Is there any automation in character building?

You can put the Power Level in (eg 8) but it doesn't then say what the max PP spend should be (120) so you have to reference the manual, which I've never found to be at all intuitive (there is nothing that shouts out "This is where you go to make a character!" - it is in "Secret Origins" but that's not clear it's chargen.)
None of the defence items in Combat pull numbers from the front page.

On the Main character page there's nothing in the Advantages column, no "Add" button, no "Edit" button. Clicking in there adds a line, and you can right click also, but it's not intuitive without buttons. Whereas on the Powers list the clicking into the space doesn't automatically add an item, you have to click the edit icon and the the blue/white star.

I'm also not sure you how build Arrays in here?

It all looks lovely from what I've seen so far, except the darkness of everything!

I'll play some more :)

Bifford

ProfDogg
July 3rd, 2020, 14:56
I found a bug! I found a bug! (ok, look, I've been combing through this ruleset while building a campaign, it's otherwise perfect so far so I'm just excited I get to contribute to make it even better even if it just by a smidgen)...

The "Degrees of Success and Failure" image is a broken link... 37371

Wookiee420
July 3rd, 2020, 15:55
I found a bug! I found a bug! (ok, look, I've been combing through this ruleset while building a campaign, it's otherwise perfect so far so I'm just excited I get to contribute to make it even better even if it just by a smidgen)...

The "Degrees of Success and Failure" image is a broken link... 37371

I am out of town for another few days, I will take care of that when I get back, thank you.

@Bifford, graphically the ruleset is pretty complete, I will look into making a new theme though, no promises though. That said I have the Freedom City setting book almost complete and that comes with its own theme which makes everything look different and awesome (IMO).

There isn’t a ton of automation in character building because of how open the system is in letting you create anything you want.

When I get back in town I will create a little “how to” to make arrays for you.

Bifford
July 3rd, 2020, 17:13
I am out of town for another few days, I will take care of that when I get back, thank you.

@Bifford, graphically the ruleset is pretty complete, I will look into making a new theme though, no promises though. That said I have the Freedom City setting book almost complete and that comes with its own theme which makes everything look different and awesome (IMO).

There isn’t a ton of automation in character building because of how open the system is in letting you create anything you want.

When I get back in town I will create a little “how to” to make arrays for you.

The Freedom City setting book module sounds great! I look forward to it.

The main things regarding this ruleset are the text in that right-hand button and the next/previous buttons looking way too similar in colour. That should be a small tweak of a two graphics files I imagine.

BTW, the Emerald City map and Freedom City maps that are in the GM pack are stupidly small - like 350x300 small. They are unusable. Was that a licencing thing? I have created a 3327x2488 (I took the map I got with a PDF, screengrabbed it over 6 zoom-ins and stiched it back together in PaintShopPro) version which I've imported to use instead. I've been unable to find the Freedom City map in my pdfs to do the same. If you want a copy and it can be used I'll gladly send it over.

Wookiee420
July 3rd, 2020, 17:43
The Freedom City setting book module sounds great! I look forward to it.

The main things regarding this ruleset are the text in that right-hand button and the next/previous buttons looking way too similar in colour. That should be a small tweak of a two graphics files I imagine.

BTW, the Emerald City map and Freedom City maps that are in the GM pack are stupidly small - like 350x300 small. They are unusable. Was that a licencing thing? I have created a 3327x2488 (I took the map I got with a PDF, screengrabbed it over 6 zoom-ins and stiched it back together in PaintShopPro) version which I've imported to use instead. I've been unable to find the Freedom City map in my pdfs to do the same. If you want a copy and it can be used I'll gladly send it over.

It can’t hurt to look at those files if you want to send them over. However fg plays best with images under I think it’s 2400x2400, especially Fgc. I’ll take a look at the image files myself when I get home see what I can do to enlarge them myself. I think a simple color update for the two arrows can be doable.

Bifford
July 3rd, 2020, 21:42
It can’t hurt to look at those files if you want to send them over. However fg plays best with images under I think it’s 2400x2400, especially Fgc. I’ll take a look at the image files myself when I get home see what I can do to enlarge them myself. I think a simple color update for the two arrows can be doable.

Work of two seconds for me to resize the image to 2400x####.

vegaserik
July 4th, 2020, 11:03
I was trying to put in the Battlesuit archetype and I noticed that the Ranks box for Toughness doesn't add to the total like the others on the combat tab. The Enhan. box does add to the total for all. I am trying to learn the system as well as how to enter these into FG so maybe that is right? I'm not sure.

Wookiee420
July 4th, 2020, 17:46
I was trying to put in the Battlesuit archetype and I noticed that the Ranks box for Toughness doesn't add to the total like the others on the combat tab. The Enhan. box does add to the total for all. I am trying to learn the system as well as how to enter these into FG so maybe that is right? I'm not sure.

That sounds like it is working as intended, I will double check it when I get back home and let you know for sure.

superteddy57
July 4th, 2020, 21:59
It's not. I was able to replicate it. PM me when you get back and I'll point you to the fix

Wookiee420
July 4th, 2020, 23:49
It's not. I was able to replicate it. PM me when you get back and I'll point you to the fix

Thank you, I will hit you up tomorrow

Wookiee420
July 5th, 2020, 21:34
@Bifford, Arrays are not automated so in order to make one you click the radial button and that allows you to edit the power points so you can adjust them to any pp cost you want it to be

oldgodzilla
July 10th, 2020, 17:23
Hello, thank you for making this available.

When I connect to test and start a new campaign, it seems that there are some missing buttons on the side. I go into Library to add powers, advantages, and power effects and they appear but when I click on them they are empty. In the drop down it has All, Uncategorized, and Mutants and Masterminds 3E Freedom City. They work on the normal public server (as opposed to test). Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

-og

Wookiee420
July 10th, 2020, 17:34
Hello, thank you for making this available.

When I connect to test and start a new campaign, it seems that there are some missing buttons on the side. I go into Library to add powers, advantages, and power effects and they appear but when I click on them they are empty. In the drop down it has All, Uncategorized, and Mutants and Masterminds 3E Freedom City. They work on the normal public server (as opposed to test). Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

-og
The ruleset is live now so there is no need to use the Test branch that should solve most, if not all, of your problems. The rest I will have to double check on why it is doing that in Test.

BrianFlint
July 10th, 2020, 19:02
Meant to say hi and welcome aboard, Wookie420, before dumping stuff on you, but I've been swamped... so now I'll say it and simultaneously dump a problem or two on you :-)

In the game my group played last Sunday we found that every time I, as the GM, moved to a new actor in the Combat Tracker an error screen would pop up on all of my players' screens (see attached). It didn't make the game unplayable, exactly, but it was damned annoying!

I also found that the Unknown ID thing isn't working in the CT – on the map my players could see "Crazy-eyed maniac," for example, but in the CT it showed them the correct name, "Mackie Knife." Again, not a huge deal, but I'd been looking forward to being able to use this tool...

We're still playing in Classic, btw. I'm just now beginning to look at the Live Unity version, and need to import all our characters before we can play test it...

Thanks for taking over M&M, look forward to what you're going to do to improve this great game!

oldgodzilla
July 10th, 2020, 19:25
Gotcha. It looked different so I didnt know if it had all made it over.

I think the issue I was running into was that I didnt have the ability to drag powers over to NPCs just characters. Not sure if that is by design or not.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

-og

edit: ah nevermind I see there is a separate section that talks about NPCs. Thanks again!

Wookiee420
July 10th, 2020, 22:51
In the game my group played last Sunday we found that every time I, as the GM, moved to a new actor in the Combat Tracker an error screen would pop up on all of my players' screens (see attached). It didn't make the game unplayable, exactly, but it was damned annoying!

I also found that the Unknown ID thing isn't working in the CT – on the map my players could see "Crazy-eyed maniac," for example, but in the CT it showed them the correct name, "Mackie Knife." Again, not a huge deal, but I'd been looking forward to being able to use this tool...

Thank you for the warm welcome! I was looking through this, and it seems this error happens when you don't have initiatives set for all PCs and NPCs, at least thats how i reproduced it.
The Unknown ID thing, sounds like it works right, did you try clicking the little ID button? (sorry for silly question)

Valcorin
July 11th, 2020, 21:51
We did some play-testing today in preparation for our game next weekend and ran into some errors using the FG Classic Mutants & Masterminds ruleset.

Even after rolling initiative for every character in the combat tracker, players would get a console pop-up with the error: "Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct.lua"]:46: attempt to index field 'init' (a nil value)"

function onSortCompare(w1, w2)
local nValue1 = w1.initresult.getValue();
local nValue2 = w2.initresult.getValue();
if nValue1 ~= nValue2 then
return nValue1 < nValue2;
end

nValue1 = w1.init.getValue();
nValue2 = w2.init.getValue();
if nValue1 ~= nValue2 then
return nValue1 < nValue2;
end

local sValue1 = string.lower(w1.name.getValue());
local sValue2 = string.lower(w2.name.getValue());
if sValue1 ~= sValue2 then
return sValue1 > sValue2;
end

return w1.getDatabaseNode().getNodeName() > w2.getDatabaseNode().getNodeName();
end

I don't know the difference between .init and .initresult but it was the nvalue1 line checking w1.init.getvalue() that appears to be throwing the error. The error would appear multiple times in the console log every time any action was taken in the combat tracker (turn completed, moving flag, effects on a char, etc.)

The Turn Complete button would also jump two to five characters ahead rather than moving to the next person in the list, making it unusable for tracking turns (and of course it threw errors causing the console pop-up, which ideally players could disable in case a game needs to happen and code fixes haven't been deployed yet).

On the character sheet, there was an end of file marker that does not appear intentional (image attached).

There were also a number of warnings in the console, primarily when opening character sheets. Here is a sample of them:

Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet_main)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (defensedodgestatname) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (defenseparrystatname) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (defensefortitudestatname) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (defensewillstatname) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (defensetoughnessstatname) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (health) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label_atkskill) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label_atkplus2) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label_versus) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (targetdefense) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label_criticalthreat) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label_atkrank) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label_atkplus3) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (damageabilitybonus) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)

Thanks for taking on M&M- good luck!

garrion_sw
July 12th, 2020, 06:30
The Core Rulebook is once again not showing in modules. I can't fix it this time because it appears to be in the vault. It has been a while since I've visited the ruleset after initial CoreRPG testing so I'm not sure when it disappeared.

Thanks

superteddy57
July 12th, 2020, 08:04
Thank you for the report. We are looking into why the Hero's Handbook is currently not showing. Will report when we have more information.

Valcorin
July 12th, 2020, 17:22
Hope you're looking into the one I posted as well ;)

Wookiee420
July 12th, 2020, 18:01
The Hero’s Handbook issue hasn’t been resolved and I am still looking into and working on your issue @Valcorin

superteddy57
July 12th, 2020, 18:45
New update incoming that should bring back the Hero's Handbook with the missing tokens and portraits

garrion_sw
July 12th, 2020, 19:28
Thanks for the quick response. I notice the Freedom City mods and extension are gone now. I guess that was a mistaken sneak peek? I knew I should have backed up my files. ;) Hopefully that and Emerald City are in the pipeline.

superteddy57
July 12th, 2020, 19:45
Yeah, lucky sneak peek. Wookie is working hard in bringing more products to the ruleset. I'll let him keep you folks informed. Just helping with my ruleset bugs.

Wookiee420
July 13th, 2020, 11:01
Thanks for the quick response. I notice the Freedom City mods and extension are gone now. I guess that was a mistaken sneak peek? I knew I should have backed up my files. ;) Hopefully that and Emerald City are in the pipeline.

It was a mistaken sneak peak, just a tease if you will. Freedom City is in QA right now and should be available shortly and I am working on Emerald City right now, then Power Profiles.

@Valcorin that should be fixed in the next update

Valcorin
July 21st, 2020, 23:11
The console log errors and the odd initiative jump happened last Sunday. Here are the zipped up logs and screenshots in case they help.

And in case you were worried, The Vanguard successfully undid the destruction of the Multi-verse and defeated Omega so you can carry on coding in comfort ;)

oldgodzilla
July 24th, 2020, 18:59
Hello,

I see that I can drag advantages into a character's sheet but I can't seem to drag advantages into an NPC's sheet. Am I doing something wrong or is this not an option?

Thanks!

-og

superteddy57
July 24th, 2020, 19:29
NPC sheets are designed to be simple records for copy and pasting, but still give a level of automation to help DMs run combat. Advantages can't be drag and dropped to the sheet. You will have to type out the name of the advantage.

oldgodzilla
July 24th, 2020, 19:31
Understood.

Same goes for Powers too I guess?

-og

superteddy57
July 24th, 2020, 19:34
For any record from the sidebar. This is common across all rulesets within Fantasy Grounds.

oldgodzilla
July 24th, 2020, 19:35
Ok, thanks for the info!

-og

oldgodzilla
July 24th, 2020, 20:37
There is a power (speed of thought) that allows someone to use their intelligence bonus for init. Is there a way to modify the init in the NPC sheet?

-og