PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds 3E Official Bug Report Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

superteddy57
July 24th, 2020, 20:58
The init unfortunately is tied to another stat currently. You could get around this by rolling the intelligence and just inputting the number manually. Unfortunately this will need to be expanded upon to include other modifiers.

Solstar
August 7th, 2020, 17:54
Initiative actually isn't tied to anything. The Combat tab in the character sheets does not appear to be connected to the Ability scores on the Main tab. One must manually cycle through all the connected Ability scores before it registeres on the Combat tab.

And for Initiative, there is no Ability button to cycle through, so it's not even pulling the standard Agility Score over from the Main tab. Having a toggle for Initiative on the character sheet is needed.

Also, the Fortitude and Will calculators on the Combat tab don't have a "Rank" box, only an "Advantage" and "Enhanced" box. "Advantage" should be changed to "Rank".

superteddy57
August 7th, 2020, 18:39
I tested the rolls with a fresh character in a fresh campaign and Init is able to roll correctly taking in the Agl total as a modifier. Also, the ability cycler adds the correct modifier based on the ability choosen. The reason there is no ability cycler is due to the Core Rulebook not stating another Ability can be used in place of Agl. If I am wrong that can be easily changed and facilitated.

So we might need more information as to why you are experiencing failure with the ruleset.

Solstar
August 7th, 2020, 21:50
The modifiers on the Combat Tab don't update if the Ability scores on the Main Tab are changed, unless you remember to cycle through them manually. But that's not an option with Initiative. It stays with whatever Agility modifier was in there first, and there's no way to even cycle through to reset it.

And there is an Advantage that allows the Intelligence modifier to apply to Initiative.

superteddy57
August 7th, 2020, 22:26
Ok, thank you for the clarification

superteddy57
August 13th, 2020, 17:48
Pushed an update to fix Solstar's report

chatty
December 5th, 2020, 21:15
We are running into the same issues as @valcorin. This is in Unity, not Classic. Only the players/clients are seeing it, which is why I could spend (waste?) a week messing with FG before knowing it was a problem. But almost any interaction with the Combat Tracker causes it. It's frankly making the game hard to play.

Searching around the forums, I see no real solution for it, but it also seems to not have any effect on functionality. Is there no way to just suppress the error console? Would it go away if I played in Classic?

superteddy57
December 6th, 2020, 01:14
Can you provide me a picture of the console error you are receiving?

chatty
December 6th, 2020, 02:50
Relevant portion below:

12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: campaign/tokens/98170-deputy.png (79024)

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: tokens/Bekoe.png (123261)

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: tokens/Terra Token.png (104586)

[12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: tokens/Layla Token.png (120332)

[12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: thumbnail.png@Mutants and Masterminds 3E Freedom City (Players) (2495497)

[12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: thumbnail.png@Mutants and Masterminds 3E Hero's Handbook (Players) (22803)

[12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: campaign/portraits/id-00008 (228285)

[12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: campaign/portraits/id-00010 (201646)

[12/5/2020 4:30:28 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct.lua"]:46: attempt to index field 'init' (a nil value)

[12/5/2020 4:30:28 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct.lua"]:46: attempt to index field 'init' (a nil value)

chatty
December 6th, 2020, 05:04
If you need more or screen shots or literally any more info, just let me know.

chatty
December 6th, 2020, 06:14
related: I can no longer download the ruleset from the link in my email. Is there another download source?

Moon Wizard
December 6th, 2020, 07:51
To download DLC content, you enter your FG login information into the FG settings; and any products that you own from the store will be automatically downloaded the next time you run a Check for Updates.

Regards,
JPG

superteddy57
December 6th, 2020, 14:49
Relevant portion below:

12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: campaign/tokens/98170-deputy.png (79024)

[12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: tokens/Bekoe.png (123261)

[12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: tokens/Terra Token.png (104586)

[12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: tokens/Layla Token.png (120332)

[12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: thumbnail.png@Mutants and Masterminds 3E Freedom City (Players) (2495497)

[12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: thumbnail.png@Mutants and Masterminds 3E Hero's Handbook (Players) (22803)

[12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: campaign/portraits/id-00008 (228285)

[12/5/2020 4:30:24 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: campaign/portraits/id-00010 (201646)

I pushed a hotfix for this ruleset today to help resolve this issue.

chatty
December 6th, 2020, 14:51
@Superteddy, I'm feeling the old M&M energy once again!

Do I just run updates?

Also, sorry for my newb ignorance. I am just not very good at using forum-based documentation and support. It's hard for me to understand what applies to my situation etc etc. Also I just saw somewhere that I should be making modules rather than dragging tokens and images into folders??? Once this is fixed I am off to figure that out.

If we get this campaign going, it's going to last for years, and I'll end up being super active and potentially even helpful on this thread.

chatty
December 6th, 2020, 16:43
Since updating I am no longer seeing the unity errors but still seeing

ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct.lua"]:46: attempt to index field 'init' (a nil value)

Let me knowif you wanna join my game and see!

superteddy57
December 6th, 2020, 17:46
Is the error being produced on the host or client? I checked both and the error isn't populating on my end.

Reach out to me on discord and we can link up and see it in action.

chatty
December 6th, 2020, 17:55
> Is the error being produced on the host or client? I checked both and the error isn't populating on my end.

Client, as far as I can tell.

UPDATE: I linked my GM and test player to the Test stream instead of live just in case that's how I needed to get the updates. It didn't fix my earlier campaign.

So I made a new campaign, and SO FAR the error only appears when not everyone in the CT has a value for their Init (which seems to make sense with the error; I only had one test client connected so I couldn't see if anyone else got the error).

We're about to start a pickup Sunday game but I will jump on Discord later to "meet" you and set up some testing.

Thanks so much!

CRH

superteddy57
December 6th, 2020, 18:11
The channel should be LIVE.

chatty
December 6th, 2020, 18:40
OK in LIVE

Old Campaign: still error
New Campaign: the error is gone once a character has init! YAY!

Is there a way to import my powers and characters from the old campaign?

THANK YOU!

EDIT: found Export/Import

Now to figure out how to make an Image Module

chatty
December 6th, 2020, 23:52
OK spoke too soon. Sadly my wife was kind of over trying to help troubleshoot so I will need more time to put together steps to reproduce.

Savage LUA files!

chatty
December 8th, 2020, 14:51
Hey all!

We seem to have resolved this with the updates @superteddy57 pushed.

The trick is this: If a character changes ownership while still represented in the combat tracker, it throws a bunch of errors. If you remove and re-add them (and have them roll init), the errors stop.

Let me know if anyone is interested in testing this with me.

chatty
December 12th, 2020, 22:07
We played today and the error recurred every time we did anything in the combat tracker. @Superteddy57 Let me know if you want to see it live. My game is on now and I could probably get another player if needed.

ONLY the clients saw it, if that helps at all.

superteddy57
December 12th, 2020, 22:24
Please can you zip up your campaign and send it to me on discord if possible.

chatty
December 12th, 2020, 22:49
100%

vegaserik
March 12th, 2021, 09:40
Okay so I got a couple of errors when playing around with Powers. I opened Blast, and found a couple of boxes with an x in it in place of apostrophes, then when I clicked on the star by Increased Range an error popped up. 44750

superteddy57
March 12th, 2021, 17:08
Okay so I got a couple of errors when playing around with Powers. I opened Blast, and found a couple of boxes with an x in it in place of apostrophes, then when I clicked on the star by Increased Range an error popped up. 44750

Thank you. Found the issue and will be pushed with the weekly update.

ScubaV
April 7th, 2021, 03:10
Hi, I'm playing this in a one-shot with a group of friends. I'm following the weapon master archetype (magic sword) which gives me "strength-based damage 3 (6 damage with strength)". I can't figure out how to make the damage power effect strength-based. Or is that handled automatically?

superteddy57
April 7th, 2021, 20:18
Hi, I'm playing this in a one-shot with a group of friends. I'm following the weapon master archetype (magic sword) which gives me "strength-based damage 3 (6 damage with strength)". I can't figure out how to make the damage power effect strength-based. Or is that handled automatically?

When you change this option for the Effect/Damage section of the power it doesn't add in the Strength ranks?

ScubaV
April 14th, 2021, 01:31
Ok I got it. Someone in our group figured out you have to right click and go to "Add" to actually add an action. I was missing everything below the "Blast - Offensive Powers" line.

Lordbat
April 26th, 2021, 12:33
Hello! An old Mutant and Mastermind fan here,

I encounter a bug when playing my unity version ultimate license of my M&M game:

There is a bug in the NPC defenses/resistances. When the enemy NPC is hitted and the bruised penalties adquired, the next time is hitted and forced to another thoughness resistance throw, the penalties (the number of bruised) becomes 0 (zero) and no penalties to resistance throw are applied. I tried everything with the bug, but EVER is thet way. Exited the program... trying other NPCs... EVER is that way. But with the Player character it works fine. Each of the bruises penalties is applied as negative when the thoughness saving throw is required

I hope you can help us,

best regards

superteddy57
April 26th, 2021, 13:57
Hello! An old Mutant and Mastermind fan here,

I encounter a bug when playing my unity version ultimate license of my M&M game:

There is a bug in the NPC defenses/resistances. When the enemy NPC is hitted and the bruised penalties adquired, the next time is hitted and forced to another thoughness resistance throw, the penalties (the number of bruised) becomes 0 (zero) and no penalties to resistance throw are applied. I tried everything with the bug, but EVER is thet way. Exited the program... trying other NPCs... EVER is that way. But with the Player character it works fine. Each of the bruises penalties is applied as negative when the thoughness saving throw is required

I hope you can help us,

best regards

Thank you for the report. I will look into this issue.

Lordbat
April 27th, 2021, 08:55
Thank you!

I can try to record a video showing the bug, or send/post to you some images if you can't reproduce the issue.

I really love this setting. I would love to know how to mend or improve some things...

Thank you for your efforts!! :D

superteddy57
April 27th, 2021, 20:16
Thank you!

I can try to record a video showing the bug, or send/post to you some images if you can't reproduce the issue.

I really love this setting. I would love to know how to mend or improve some things...

Pushed an update to resolve this issue. Please report back if this is still acting up.

Lordbat
April 28th, 2021, 21:27
Pushed an update to resolve this issue. Please report back if this is still acting up.

It worked!
You are my Superhero!! ;)

Thank you my friend ...

superteddy57
April 28th, 2021, 21:33
My pleasure! Happy Gaming

Hjorimir
May 5th, 2021, 01:52
Reposted from: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68237-Mental-Blast&p=598212#post598212

Mental Blast is a damaging attack that is resisted by Will (instead of Toughness). I cannot seem to find a way to set this power up so it otherwise acts as a Damage attack in FGC. It fails to add bruises (like normal Damage attack) and doesn't take into consideration existing bruises on subsequent resistance rolls. Any advice out there?

Update: As far as I can tell, this is an error in the ruleset. Is there somebody I can alert to get an update in the works?

superteddy57
May 5th, 2021, 09:08
Reposted from: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68237-Mental-Blast&p=598212#post598212

Mental Blast is a damaging attack that is resisted by Will (instead of Toughness). I cannot seem to find a way to set this power up so it otherwise acts as a Damage attack in FGC. It fails to add bruises (like normal Damage attack) and doesn't take into consideration existing bruises on subsequent resistance rolls. Any advice out there?

Update: As far as I can tell, this is an error in the ruleset. Is there somebody I can alert to get an update in the works?

I believe I have found a solution that will be available with the next weekly update. I will be adding a cycler to the action details area to toggle if it is damage or an effect. So all resistances can be used to cause physical damage now.

You can click on the section circled and it will either make it an effect and just a resistance check or a damage that will then cause harm.

Hjorimir
May 5th, 2021, 17:10
I believe I have found a solution that will be available with the next weekly update. I will be adding a cycler to the action details area to toggle if it is damage or an effect. So all resistances can be used to cause physical damage now.

You can click on the section circled and it will either make it an effect and just a resistance check or a damage that will then cause harm.

That would be PERFECT, Dominic! Thank you so very much!

Hjorimir
May 8th, 2021, 06:20
Another thing I noticed with further testing, the Defense Misc. field from the NPC sheet is blank on the Combat Tracker when exposed. This is in FGC.

superteddy57
May 8th, 2021, 06:58
Ok thank you for the report. I will have a look at it

Lordbat
May 12th, 2021, 09:22
Good morning again my friends, first of all, awesome imprevement with the toggle damage/effects BUT (i think that this made a new bug)

There is a new bug with the last update. Now seems like ALL the attacks with the NPC are treated like "effects"...

I post an image as an example

Thank you!

superteddy57
May 12th, 2021, 09:54
Good morning again my friends, first of all, awesome imprevement with the toggle damage/effects BUT (i think that this made a new bug)

There is a new bug with the last update. Now seems like ALL the attacks with the NPC are treated like "effects"...

I post an image as an example

Thank you!

Yeah, as soon as I saw this report, I ended up kicking myself. I had a feeling I was missing testing something. I'll look into how I'm going to get the same level to work with NPCs. I may just force the old functionality the NPCs had before the update to the player's fix. I'll have to think about how to approach this as to help smooth this to work as I think it should.

Hjorimir
May 12th, 2021, 15:54
As an idea, couldn't you parse for the keyword Damage in the attack string as an indicator?

superteddy57
May 12th, 2021, 16:00
As an idea, couldn't you parse for the keyword Damage in the attack string as an indicator?

I did just that. It will be checking for damage or affliction in the attack line moving forward. If those are not present it will be treated as an effect. Same rules apply with putting in vs <defense> in the parenthesis to signify the defense to roll. Will be available with the next weekly update.

Hjorimir
May 12th, 2021, 16:05

Hjorimir
May 12th, 2021, 16:11
(As an aside, my friends and I have been VERY impressed with the speed all of you developers respond to our reported bugs across all of the rulesets. It's so damn refreshing to see a company that cares like this.)

superteddy57
May 12th, 2021, 16:14
(As an aside, my friends and I have been VERY impressed with the speed all of you developers respond to our reported bugs across all of the rulesets. It's so damn refreshing to see a company that cares like this.)

Well we are glad to get you back up and running your games. I know I would personally not like it if I couldn't play my weekly game :)

Lordbat
May 12th, 2021, 17:41
I did just that. It will be checking for damage or affliction in the attack line moving forward. If those are not present it will be treated as an effect. Same rules apply with putting in vs <defense> in the parenthesis to signify the defense to roll. Will be available with the next weekly update.

Thank you for your fast response!

with the quote, how can i do what you say?

thank you!

Hjorimir
May 12th, 2021, 20:27
Maybe I'm not understanding, but why check for Affliction? It's a DC 10 + Rank resistance check normally (by my reading).

superteddy57
May 12th, 2021, 23:24
Thank you for your fast response!

with the quote, how can i do what you say?

thank you!

Example: Obsidian Hatchet +7 Close Damage 5 (+5/20-20)
This will make it a Damage check

Example: Obsidian Hatchet +7 (+5/20-20)
This will make it an Effect check

The reasoning for affliction as it is a damaging effect. You can get harmed physically with affliction. If this is not the case, that you wish to have affliction part of the damage, I can change it.

Lordbat
May 12th, 2021, 23:33
Thank you! I will do this way ;D

Hjorimir
May 12th, 2021, 23:35
Example: Obsidian Hatchet +7 Close Damage 5 (+5/20-20)
This will make it a Damage check

Example: Obsidian Hatchet +7 (+5/20-20)
This will make it an Effect check

The reasoning for affliction as it is a damaging effect. You can get harmed physically with affliction. If this is not the case, that you wish to have affliction part of the damage, I can change it.

I don't think Affliction normally deals damage at all. You'd have to link such a power to a Damaging power effect in order for that to be true. I think it's better to not treat Affliction as a Damaging effect (i.e. Affliction should be DC 10 + Rank as other effects, only Damage powers should be set to a base DC of 15+).

superteddy57
May 13th, 2021, 01:03
I don't think Affliction normally deals damage at all. You'd have to link such a power to a Damaging power effect in order for that to be true. I think it's better to not treat Affliction as a Damaging effect (i.e. Affliction should be DC 10 + Rank as other effects, only Damage powers should be set to a base DC of 15+).

I think I might need more examples. I'm happy to change it and make it work the way the rules intended. Just not the way I've read through the above description of the effect. Would you guys like to get together sometime and discuss it. This won't be released till the next weekly update and would prefer a discussion before we cement on a plan.

Hjorimir
May 13th, 2021, 01:16
I think I might need more examples. I'm happy to change it and make it work the way the rules intended. Just not the way I've read through the above description of the effect. Would you guys like to get together sometime and discuss it. This won't be released till the next weekly update and would prefer a discussion before we cement on a plan.

Hey, Dominic. Happy to get together can chat with you whenever you'd like, but the description for the Affliction power effect in the book is pretty explicit that it is DC 10 + Rank (see attached image, please).

Also, here's the SRD version of the same power effect: https://www.d20herosrd.com/6-powers/effects/effect-descriptions/affliction-attack/

Here is Affliction be discussed over on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/mutantsandmasterminds/comments/i6xxzn/afflictions_how_do_they_work/ (I included an image of the relevant parts for your convenience.)

superteddy57
May 13th, 2021, 04:07
That's awesome! Appreciate the information. I can certainly remove the check for Affliction from the damage check. If you wish to have it be used as a damage effect it looks like you are just going to have to add it to the attack line.

Hjorimir
May 13th, 2021, 04:39
Pefect! Again, thank you so much again for the wonderful support levels on the ruleset, Dominic!

Lordbat
May 13th, 2021, 09:06
That's awesome! Appreciate the information. I can certainly remove the check for Affliction from the damage check. If you wish to have it be used as a damage effect it looks like you are just going to have to add it to the attack line.

Oh! thank you a lot! You're awesome for the support with this ruleset.

But I think not work with attack line neither. I test with old and new method. Check the picture. Thank you!

It makes both checks like an affliction resistance DC 10 +rank (THOUGHNESS in this case)

superteddy57
May 13th, 2021, 09:38
Oh! thank you a lot! You're awesome for the support with this ruleset.

But I think not work with attack line neither. I test with old and new method. Check the picture. Thank you!

It makes both checks like an affliction resistance DC 10 +rank (THOUGHNESS in this case)

The update is not currently LIVE. It will be part of the next weekly update. As for the syntax, the first one would be correct when this is updated.

Machaedios
May 13th, 2021, 21:42
Rolling to hit with a target displays Hit, Crit or Miss but doesn't display Degrees of Success. Not sure if this is a bug or just not implemented. (This is important as degrees of success can change the effects of an attack, such as with the Multi Attack extra.)

Thank you for you work on the ruleset, already great to see fixes.

superteddy57
May 14th, 2021, 11:31
Rolling to hit with a target displays Hit, Crit or Miss but doesn't display Degrees of Success. Not sure if this is a bug or just not implemented. (This is important as degrees of success can change the effects of an attack, such as with the Multi Attack extra.)

Thank you for you work on the ruleset, already great to see fixes.

I can add a chat output for attacks with level of success/failures in the next weekly update.

Hjorimir
May 14th, 2021, 16:27
I can add a chat output for attacks with level of success/failures in the next weekly update.

Oh, that will be nice for Multiattack! Nice addition!

Machaedios
May 14th, 2021, 16:33

Brilliant, thank you!

Lordbat
May 16th, 2021, 23:39
Hello my friends,

The NPC attack bug still remains... it does count it as an affliction regardless the attack line text, and even does not count the Thoughness/ STA modificator in the roll. :dead:

Maybe I am writing wrong the text line. In the capture I test it with the two possibilities of the text line, modern and classic.

superteddy57
May 17th, 2021, 00:09
Hello my friends,

The NPC attack bug still remains... it does count it as an affliction regardless the attack line text, and even does not count the Thoughness/ STA modificator in the roll. :dead:

Maybe I am writing wrong the text line. In the capture I test it with the two possibilities of the text line, modern and classic.

The update has not been pushed LIVE. As I informed everyone it would be released on the next weekly update. Those usually are on Tuesday of the week.

Lordbat
May 17th, 2021, 09:12
Ok, thank you and I'm sorry i didn't understand you with the meaning of the LIVE update.
I remember you commented about the LIVE update, but I do not knew that was a different update, now I do :)
Yesterday my FG updated and I thought that it was the Mutant update.

My apologies again friend.

superteddy57
May 17th, 2021, 12:10
For the weekly updates, they would get posted here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?37-City-Hall) when related to rulesets and modules.

Hjorimir
May 17th, 2021, 20:22
Small bug on the new/ish Effect-Damage cycler. When it is set vs. Base, it always treats it as Damage (base DC 15+ ranks). Attached an image to clarify. If you set it to anything else (e.g. Toughness, Will, etc.), it works perfectly well.

superteddy57
May 17th, 2021, 20:33
Small bug on the new/ish Effect-Damage cycler. When it is set vs. Base, it always treats it as Damage (base DC 15+ ranks). Attached an image to clarify. If you set it to anything else (e.g. Toughness, Will, etc.), it works perfectly well.

Found this during my fix for the level of success in the attack roll. Will be part of the weekly update.

Hjorimir
May 17th, 2021, 20:51
Found this during my fix for the level of success in the attack roll. Will be part of the weekly update.

Sweet. Thanks, Dominic!

bawsr
May 25th, 2021, 05:53
Hello.. One item my players and I noticed. When someone was vulnerable, their toughness role was halved. Reading the book and asking GM's who have run this game a lot longer than I have, nobody thought this was correct. is this intentional or accidental?

also I saw last time I checked this bug hadn't been fixed.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62999-Where-do-I-post-issues-with-the-M-amp-M-rules-and-Freedom-city-issues&p=551403&highlight=#post551403

thanks. We are enjoying the product.

superteddy57
May 25th, 2021, 17:24
Hello.. One item my players and I noticed. When someone was vulnerable, their toughness role was halved. Reading the book and asking GM's who have run this game a lot longer than I have, nobody thought this was correct. is this intentional or accidental?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62999-Where-do-I-post-issues-with-the-M-amp-M-rules-and-Freedom-city-issues&p=551403&highlight=#post551403

Thank you for the report. We will get in contact with the developer.

superteddy57
May 25th, 2021, 17:30
Ok, did some research with the core rulebook and this is what I found for the condition for Vulnerable. Page 18

Hjorimir
May 25th, 2021, 22:05

Yes, I agree this is a bug. Good catch.

I've attached a snap of the rules reference declaring that Dodge and Parry are the active defenses (i.e. Toughness should not be lowered when vulnerable and/or defenseless).

superteddy57
May 25th, 2021, 22:37
Pushed a fix to have Vulnerability only affect active defenses (Dodge/Parry)

Hjorimir
May 25th, 2021, 23:39
Pushed a fix to have Vulnerability only affect active defenses (Dodge/Parry)

Same problem exists with Defenseless (the more severe version of Vulnerability) affecting Toughness. Hopefully you caught that as well.

superteddy57
May 26th, 2021, 00:39
A fix for Defenseless will be pushed with the next weekly update.

Hjorimir
May 26th, 2021, 15:31
A fix for Defenseless will be pushed with the next weekly update.

Sounds good. Thanks, Dominic!

bawsr
May 30th, 2021, 06:15
Thanks for the timely response about vulnerable.

Did a fix for johnny rocket/lady liberty ever get fixed? Maybe I have to refresh any changes I made to the mod or something.

This was the original discussion around the issue.

For example in the Freedom city guide.. Under Johnny Rocket link and page. There is all Lady Liberty information.

superteddy57
May 30th, 2021, 10:40
Thanks for the timely response about vulnerable.

Did a fix for johnny rocket/lady liberty ever get fixed? Maybe I have to refresh any changes I made to the mod or something.

This was the original discussion around the issue.

For example in the Freedom city guide.. Under Johnny Rocket link and page. There is all Lady Liberty information.

When the module is worked on, it would be present with it's own line in the City Hall. Another developer is responsible for Freedom City and will produce a fix when they are able to.

bawsr
June 11th, 2021, 06:05
Playing Mutants and Masterminds in Fantasy Grounds, we are facing a couple of challenges. The first one is, as a GM when I drop the attacks the items seems to resolve well. When the players try and target and either hit a skill for attack or a power, it doesn't seem to force the NPC's to make the rolls. Are we doing something wrong? Is there a good guide for adding powers. I have had to help my players a few times and sometimes I even get confused on adding the Mutants and Masterminds powers and effects to the character sheets. I wasn't sure if there was a FAQ or a cheat sheet.

thanks for all the help.

superteddy57
June 11th, 2021, 18:44
Playing Mutants and Masterminds in Fantasy Grounds, we are facing a couple of challenges. The first one is, as a GM when I drop the attacks the items seems to resolve well. When the players try and target and either hit a skill for attack or a power, it doesn't seem to force the NPC's to make the rolls. Are we doing something wrong? Is there a good guide for adding powers. I have had to help my players a few times and sometimes I even get confused on adding the Mutants and Masterminds powers and effects to the character sheets. I wasn't sure if there was a FAQ or a cheat sheet.

thanks for all the help.

Skills and Ability rolls aren't targetable. If you want a contested roll, it would need to be set up as an action in the powers section and the character in the CT and targeting the NPC. For how to use the powers section, it would be best to check out the wiki for that information. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996643077/Mutants%2Band%2BMasterminds

bawsr
June 15th, 2021, 04:23
I had someone delay. I manually changed initiative for one player (red ryder). The players saw a different order on the tracker than I did. I also have Hidden NPC initiative on.

Attached are player view and DM view

superteddy57
June 15th, 2021, 06:10
I had someone delay. I manually changed initiative for one player (red ryder). The players saw a different order on the tracker than I did. I also have Hidden NPC initiative on.

Attached are player view and DM view

Thanks for the report. The only difference is the sort on the tied actors. It is supposed to sort alphabetically. I think it might not be firing that last sort on the player's side.

chatty
June 20th, 2021, 14:31
Hi Super Teddy et al. I am BACK and this time the game might stick. I have 2 VERY interested players, one of whom is loves Fantasy Grounds so is patient with fixing stuff that's not working right.

The bug I am seeing is that when you use a power with a flaw, it calculates the point value wrong. The two examples I found were:
Power-Lifting, which always costs the power at one point below the number of ranks you buy (so it seems like it is applying a flat 1 point flaw)
Shapeshift, which appears to subtract Ranks-1 points from the proper power cost.

I think I can get around these by just building powers in the Powers window and adding the ranks there, but I am wondering if this is a fixable issue, or am I just misunderstanding how it's supposed to work.

superteddy57
June 20th, 2021, 14:46
Hi Super Teddy et al. I am BACK and this time the game might stick. I have 2 VERY interested players, one of whom is loves Fantasy Grounds so is patient with fixing stuff that's not working right.

The bug I am seeing is that when you use a power with a flaw, it calculates the point value wrong. The two examples I found were:
Power-Lifting, which always costs the power at one point below the number of ranks you buy (so it seems like it is applying a flat 1 point flaw)
Shapeshift, which appears to subtract Ranks-1 points from the proper power cost.

I think I can get around these by just building powers in the Powers window and adding the ranks there, but I am wondering if this is a fixable issue, or am I just misunderstanding how it's supposed to work.

Yeah, those are very fringe cases. If the flat point cost doesn't apply then there is no mechanism that would calculate flaws correctly under another system. So best advice is to adjust manually after you have built the power.

bawsr
June 22nd, 2021, 02:02
Building a new character. I got this error. Not sure if you would like to have some of the files uploaded or if this is enough.

superteddy57
June 22nd, 2021, 03:26
Building a new character. I got this error. Not sure if you would like to have some of the files uploaded or if this is enough.

You would need to provide more information. What power were you adding? Where were you adding it? Have you ensured you are using the most up to date ruleset and modules?

bawsr
June 22nd, 2021, 03:27
Okay.. we are trying to add in a power for powercost.

Add damage with increased range. Range is actually +1 per power level so it should be 16 for the cost of 8 levels.
Here is an example of what it looks like in FG.

This is not correct.

bawsr
June 22nd, 2021, 04:05
I am always on the latest version. I update after every Tuesday. I see the error when I double click on any powers/power effects. It does seem to be intermittent. When I double clicked on Burrowing it happened. It did it consistently then I went and did something else and tried to get someone else to duplicate it and it wasn't doing it for them and then it stopped doing it for me. It had stopped a couple of times and then returned again. I am unsure of what is causing it. I might look through the log file to see if I can find the offending script. We also don't have any extensions loaded and only the M&M official modules.

superteddy57
June 22nd, 2021, 06:06
Okay.. we are trying to add in a power for powercost.

Add damage with increased range. Range is actually +1 per power level so it should be 16 for the cost of 8 levels.
Here is an example of what it looks like in FG.

This is not correct.

Comes out correctly if I input the ranks for increased range.

I am always on the latest version. I update after every Tuesday. I see the error when I double click on any powers/power effects. It does seem to be intermittent. When I double clicked on Burrowing it happened. It did it consistently then I went and did something else and tried to get someone else to duplicate it and it wasn't doing it for them and then it stopped doing it for me. It had stopped a couple of times and then returned again. I am unsure of what is causing it. I might look through the log file to see if I can find the offending script. We also don't have any extensions loaded and only the M&M official modules.

I'm am still unable to replicate this and might need more information to track down the cause of what you are running into. I'm not sure what you mean by double clicking on any powers/power effects. I'd be happy to take care of this issue, but if I'm unable to replicate it, it makes it a very difficult.

DeviousHeart
June 22nd, 2021, 13:18
How do you even open up the window to the left.

And how can I share a pic of what I am seeing?

superteddy57
June 22nd, 2021, 15:02
Each link, the star, will open up frames that would contain further information. The frame on the left was from the Increased Range once I dropped it. You can add images to your post by clicking on the insert image button along the top when you post your reply.

johnecc
July 2nd, 2021, 14:07
Hi Superteddy

I was just looking at the wiki for M&M on the link you mentioned in post #331, and noticed an error. There are 3 subsections:

Character Sheet
NPC Sheet
Combat Tracker

However the 3rd ones full title is: Rolemaster Classic - Combat Tracker

It does however appear to be the instructions for M&M, so that should be altered.

John

superteddy57
July 2nd, 2021, 15:58
Hi Superteddy

I was just looking at the wiki for M&M on the link you mentioned in post #331, and noticed an error. There are 3 subsections:

Character Sheet
NPC Sheet
Combat Tracker

However the 3rd ones full title is: Rolemaster Classic - Combat Tracker

It does however appear to be the instructions for M&M, so that should be altered.

John

I'll let the Wiki curator know :)

johnecc
July 3rd, 2021, 05:32
Hi

It looks like the wiki curator moved the section to the Rolemaster ruleset, what he should have done was rename it from “Rolemaster Classic - Combat Tracker” to “Mutants and Masterminds - Combat Tracker”.

It was in the correct location, just the wrong title. If you look at the screenshot, it is clearly for M&M.

Cheers

WishX
July 3rd, 2021, 18:19
Wiki Curator here! Sorry about the confusion. I thought the page was in the wrong ruleset per the title, but it was the title that was wrong as you suggested.

All fixed now! Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. :)

johnecc
July 3rd, 2021, 22:06
No problems, thanks

chatty
July 15th, 2021, 17:20
I realized I needed to add the word "Damage" to my NPC attacks so toughness saves would calculate right. While doing so I clicked on various icons in the Combat Tracker. For some reason, Pcs currently only have a row of (mostly) empty attributes. Please see the screen shot. Is this normal?

chatty
July 15th, 2021, 17:26
I think I read upthread that Vulnerable and Defenseless had been coded in? Is that true??? How do I add the condition if so?

superteddy57
July 15th, 2021, 18:06
I realized I needed to add the word "Damage" to my NPC attacks so toughness saves would calculate right. While doing so I clicked on various icons in the Combat Tracker. For some reason, Pcs currently only have a row of (mostly) empty attributes. Please see the screen shot. Is this normal?

These are questions and deserve their own forum thread for discussion. To help keep the bug report thread clear. The combat tracker will not show the same information on both NPCs and PCs. The characters are intended to run their characters from the character sheet. The combat tracker assists the DM to run the game and little to no automation is available for PCs there. As for the conditions, if the code base has them set up, then they would need to be set up as effects on the combat tracker. The wiki should help with this and also 3.5e section of the wiki, as most early rulesets used that ruleset as a foundation for their system. So you can try their effects coding and see if they are similar.

chatty
July 15th, 2021, 19:01
thanks. Happy to delete them but I don't know how. I thought the first issue was a bug, sincerely!

superteddy57
July 15th, 2021, 21:37
thanks. Happy to delete them but I don't know how. I thought the first issue was a bug, sincerely!

No worries! Just wanted to clarify. It's more in terms of the conditions question than the combat tracker question. I appreciate the feedback and questions to help ensure the ruleset is doing what it's supposed to do.

Mestre007
July 20th, 2021, 10:18
Good Morning
If anyone knows help me.
Acquire the M&M module and tried to follow the steps to create a room but I was unsuccessful.
I looked in the manual, in the forum and in the youtube channel...I still can't see what I'm doing wrong.
With other modules like pathfinder there is no such problem.
ps: I'm not using the unit

vegaserik
July 21st, 2021, 22:17
Good Morning
If anyone knows help me.
Acquire the M&M module and tried to follow the steps to create a room but I was unsuccessful.
I looked in the manual, in the forum and in the youtube channel...I still can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Not sure what you mean by create a room. :)

superteddy57
July 22nd, 2021, 04:31
Good Morning
If anyone knows help me.

Also, not sure what you mean by unit. I will take a stab however and guess you are trying to load up a M&M campaign from the sounds of it. If you are using Fantasy Grounds Unity then this would be the best video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU6OlMAgGQg) to watch to assist in setting up a game. There are some changes to the look from this version to the version we use now, but the process is still the same.

Mestre007
July 26th, 2021, 04:50
By creating a room I mean creating a campaign.
Anyway thanks for replying.

bawsr
November 15th, 2021, 19:16
Did this get fixed? I know a character last game had vulnerability status and it wasn't working right for me.

superteddy57
November 15th, 2021, 21:03
Did this get fixed? I know a character last game had vulnerability status and it wasn't working right for me.

Please provide more information on what was the condition of the actors and what resulted and what was expected.

The code looks for the resistance of dodge or parry and will half the damage and add a tag to the chat output.

DeviousHeart
November 15th, 2021, 22:20
When you have the Vulnerable condition, it halves your Will and Fortitude rolls as well, not just the Dodge and Parry as it should. Vulnerable should only halve Dodge and Parry .

superteddy57
November 16th, 2021, 00:45
I will ready an update to include Will and Fortitude halved as well. The ruleset is currently on lockdown till the latest CoreRPG update goes LIVE. So may be some time till you see this update.

bawsr
November 30th, 2021, 03:37
Just a small error I noticed. Uncanny Dodge's description is missing the Y from You are especially attuned to danger.

superteddy57
November 30th, 2021, 04:02
Thank you for the report. Can you show me where this typo is?

bawsr
November 30th, 2021, 14:02
hopefully this picture helps. It is under advantages in the uncanny dodge description.

superteddy57
November 30th, 2021, 18:17
Awesome, thank you. That helps a lot.

bawsr
April 26th, 2022, 03:18
in Freedom City GM guide, under Villains of Freedom City, under the entry for Megalodon the Man-Shark, it has the NPC link for MAGPIE rather than Megalodon the Man-Shark. Picture attached

bawsr
April 26th, 2022, 04:08
Is there a reason there are no tokens on the villains or heroes besides the letters in the M&M stuff? I usually end up copying the pictures over the letters that are being used to represent. It is a little confusing when there are a few villains that start with the same letter.

superteddy57
April 26th, 2022, 05:11
I have alerted the developer to the issue you have posted. As for tokens, I believe none were provided besides portraits. I will double check to be sure. This ruleset is a bit dated and may not provide everything that other newer products provide.

Arrix
May 8th, 2022, 10:13
I just bought the ruleset and stumbled upon small but annoying cosmetic problem. For some reason certain parts of the formatting don't get rendered on my machine. Bullet points for lists are one example for this (see screenshot). Am I maybe missing a font or something?

Moon Wizard
May 8th, 2022, 17:06
I just pushed an update of this product (and other Green Ronin products) to address legacy encoding character issues from when these were built in FG Classic. If you run a Check For Updates from the FG launch screen, it should be addressed.

Regards,
JPG

Arrix
May 8th, 2022, 21:02
Wow that was fast. Thank you very much it looks a lot better now.

Valcorin
July 10th, 2022, 21:13
No bug - PEBKAC

bawsr
November 1st, 2022, 04:16
Got two issues tonight. when I open combat tracker. I get this error In attachment. I will start another message about the other. no extensions loaded.

bawsr
November 1st, 2022, 04:19
Another issue, when a play rolls a critical hit and then drops the damage, the toughness roll doesn't increase by 5 like it should for a critical hit? Is that not included in the base Mod?

superteddy57
November 1st, 2022, 20:17
Pushed a fix for the error in the CT. I'll have to take a bit of time with the second report.

bawsr
November 1st, 2022, 23:32
Thanks for that fix! I expected the second wouldn't be super easy. is there an option I am missing with don't lose targets with Miss in Corerpg (or I guess Mutants and Masterminds) There was a request from a Player and another GM for that.

superteddy57
November 1st, 2022, 23:54
If the ruleset had it available it would show in the options. This ruleset would need to be updated to use that functionality.

Redemption77
November 5th, 2022, 21:09
Im aware of the work intensity required but outside of someone having to do the work what are the challenges of getting M&M caught up to the CoreRPG base? I know on my end there are people who are highly upset that M&M was neglected and while I can explain to them partially I cant fully justify it not being kept up anymore than base maintenance. I know there are others who would like to go all in on M&M and FG but wont because obviously this is one of the most archaic rulesets.

superteddy57
November 5th, 2022, 21:33
M&M is not being neglected. It was recently updated with the latest combat tracker changes within CoreRPG. It's just not receiving any expansion at this time. I have to maintain most of the rulesets and need time to see what the code is doing and verify with the rules to ensure it's working properly. That was my intention with my response was to relay I need time to verify the old code base was set up correctly the first time by the original developer. M&M is the oldest ruleset still currently being sold. So the CoreRPG updates also take some time to switch things around.

bawsr
November 15th, 2022, 13:55
Running Mutants and Masterminds last night we encountered a number of issues:

such as When I dropped about a dozen npc minions to map, they did not get automatic initiative. The PC's when added only got their initiative bonus and not a roll. This made it challenging I had to go through and roll each NPC init to move along. I had first decided to just roll 20 sided and update initiative, but I could not change PC or NPC initiative on Combat Tracker or anywhere.

I am pretty sure there used to be +2 +5 in the lower left corner. Now the box just has the space to type in a number. That was inconvenient for my players and me not to have those defaults.

superteddy57
November 15th, 2022, 14:24
I can verify the NPCs are not rolling initiative when being added and will get that sorted. As for the PCs, I'm not quite understanding as the PCs roll their initiative from their sheets on the combat tab and it will add the relevant total number to the roll.

As for a +2 or +5 modifier box, I'm not aware of such desktop buttons. You can create custom modifiers from the tools section of the sidebar and drag and drop them to your hotkey area at the bottom. Hitting the hotkey will add that modifier to the modifier box. So any any combination can be set. This is on a per user basis.

bawsr
November 15th, 2022, 15:13
The inability to edit initiatives is also an issue.

The PC's initiatives threw me off because usually it is nothing or whatever they rolled not just the bonus. My first statement wow. that was a lot of bad rolls then I realized they didn't roll once we looked at it. They hadn't rolled yet. It might have just been the first instance after the updates. I will have to check again next game.

I am almost certain the big box in the lower corner used to have +2 and +5 and the ability to add another number if required but it isn't as critical as the initiatives. Just a mention.

Thanks for the quick response as always.

bawsr
January 17th, 2023, 01:54
There is an issue with initiative. When a PC rolls initiative, the initiative roll gets copied to the initiative bonus. Placing pictures but it should be obvious where the issues is. I started up a new M&M campaign and it had no extensions to test. It is also messing up initiative on combat tracker. depending on who rolls it changes others initiative.

superteddy57
January 17th, 2023, 05:49
Pushed a fix for this issue.

bawsr
March 8th, 2023, 00:15
The system is working correctly for toughness rolls if the hero or villain drops the dice on the enemy, the bruises are subtracted from the roll. If I roll off the NPC sheet. It does not subtract the bruise from the toughness roll. It previously was doing this. We tend to roll from the sheet since criticals, multiattack, and such things don't work as well. Let me know if you need a screen shot. The initiative does seem to be working better thanks. (And all the other fixes that happened in the recent past)

superteddy57
March 8th, 2023, 16:05
The system is working correctly for toughness rolls if the hero or villain drops the dice on the enemy, the bruises are subtracted from the roll. If I roll off the NPC sheet. It does not subtract the bruise from the toughness roll. It previously was doing this. We tend to roll from the sheet since criticals, multiattack, and such things don't work as well. Let me know if you need a screen shot. The initiative does seem to be working better thanks. (And all the other fixes that happened in the recent past)

Pushed a fix for this oversight. It should now subtract bruises when rolling a save.

bawsr
March 28th, 2023, 03:04
Seeing some strange things in rolling toughness rolls. The character had 3 bruises and a +12 toughness roll. it said bruises -3 and damage penalty -3. not sure what is going on. and a -1 doubled example

superteddy57
March 28th, 2023, 05:40
I am not able to replicate this with standard rolling of the toughness from the charsheet or when a NPC attempts damaging the PC. I will need more information on the steps and conditions you have to replicate it on my end.

bawsr
March 28th, 2023, 05:54
I will see what I can get. I was player so I couldn't see everything. I took what screenshots and reported it. I will try and duplicate in my game. the interesting thing was we couldn't see bruises anymore on combat tracker either? I think that change happened a while ago.

I couldn't duplicate it either. I will try and follow up with the other dm so I can see if I can replicate. thanks for the quick response as always.

bawsr
March 31st, 2023, 16:12
After further review, I got the DM to load up game and we tested. We couldn't duplicate the issue with that character. My guess is that there was different game versions. The player who had the issue joined late and I don't think they update FG before joining. If we see the issue again, we will try and get better information. Thanks as always for quick response.

DeviousHeart
April 3rd, 2023, 00:03
Actually JUST had it occur again... Where it doubles up on the damage penalty. Here is a link to a pic I took...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/768314076677144617/1092186715936018572/image.png

This was me using the bad guy and double clicking their attack and then the damage on the NPC sheet to force the player's Toughness check.

Everyone had JUST updated, I made sure of it.

superteddy57
April 3rd, 2023, 00:27
How did you access the sheet? Was it through the link on the combat tracker or from the masterindex? The steps you provided didn't allow me to see the issue.

DeviousHeart
April 19th, 2023, 22:10
This is something minor, but would you make sure that the name of the target appears in the output from a standard attack?

superteddy57
April 23rd, 2023, 00:30
Sorry for the late reply. When I get a chance to swing back and look at this ruleset, I can try and see getting that added.

DeviousHeart
April 23rd, 2023, 00:42
And I just want to thank you again for all the hard work you put into M&M for us. You are very appreciated! :)

I was going to ask also for another minor thing that I think would help the game for us if it is possible. You know how D&D has Advantage and Disadvantage. If you could have a Hero Point Reroll Button that, when clicked, changed the dice roll from a standard d20, to a d10 = 10 and then any added figure. I know its supposed to be d20 and add 10 if below 10 but those two are essentially identical statistically and would enhance the game for us. :)

superteddy57
April 23rd, 2023, 01:52
Can you point me to where that is mentioned in the rulebook so I can look it over?

DeviousHeart
April 23rd, 2023, 02:00
Sure! :)

In the Deluxe Hero's Handbook on page 21 in Chapter 1: The Basics -> Hero Points -> Improve Roll it states:

"One hero point allows you to re-roll any die roll you make and take the better of the two rolls. On a result of 1 through 10 on the second roll, add 10 to the result, an 11 or higher remains as-is (so the re-roll is always a result of 11-20). You must spend the hero point to improve a roll before the GM announces the outcome of your initial roll. You cannot spend hero points on die rolls made by the GM or other players without the Luck Control effect (see the Powers chapter)."

Now, rolling the die 20 then checking if is under and only THEN adding 10 is cumbersome. If, INSTEAD, you simply rolled a D10 and added 10, it would essentially give you the same result and, I believe it might be easier to program. A Hero point roll will always be a result from 11 to 20, so this d10+10 does the trick. :)

DeviousHeart
April 23rd, 2023, 02:35
I see bawsr (who is my buddie) started a thread on it. We were talking about it and I posted here and he posted there. *chuckle*

superteddy57
April 23rd, 2023, 05:36
Provided my response in that thread.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?77330-feature-request-heroPoint-roll&p=684987&viewfull=1#post684987

DeviousHeart
July 10th, 2023, 02:24
Just noticed in my game this last Sunday. The M&M version of Fantasy Grounds is now subtracting Bruises from Dodge, Parry, and Will when it should only be subtracted from Toughness checks.

superteddy57
July 10th, 2023, 03:43
I will push a fix for this with the weekly update.

DeviousHeart
July 10th, 2023, 16:30
Thank you so much for your work, superteddy57! :)

bawsr
March 19th, 2024, 15:25
Making open skill rolls or hidden skill rolls don't seem to be totalling. I have a picture but system wouldn't let me post. Such as Fortitude it shows dice roll (19) and says D20 +11 but doesn't add 19+11 for a total. The attacks totals are working if someone is targeted.

superteddy57
March 19th, 2024, 16:43
I might need to see that image as I just tried to roll a skill roll and it's adding it's modifier

bawsr
March 20th, 2024, 15:26
Let me try uploading image. still failed. Is there another way to get the image up to you? I tested solo again after the game session Rebooting and trying to login as a local user and didn't see the issue, but I have a screenshot with the issue. Apparently, the Forum is having an issue with allowing some people to post images. I posted a message in the house of healing.

superteddy57
March 20th, 2024, 16:28
You can create a share on an image sharing site or through google docs or something similar and post the link here or pm it to me.