PDA

View Full Version : Official Symbaroum Bug Reports Thread

superteddy57
April 23rd, 2020, 19:29
Use this thread to post any ruleset specific issues to track and get resolved. When reporting, please provide steps in reproducing the issue and any images if possible.

GrumpyOldAndy
August 22nd, 2020, 13:09
Initiative order is done by the Quick stat, and in case of a tie by the Vig stat.
When there are characters with tied Quick, my (The DM) combat tracker has everything in the correct order. However, the players puts characters before NPCs so when I click next to advance the turn order, it appears to skip the players turn, then goes back to it, from the players point of view.

To reproduce, create characters with the same initiative as an NPC but different (lower) Vig, and add them to the combat tracker.

Running the latest FGUnity, Symbaroum, no extensions. Screenshot from my PC running As DM in the right (large) monitor, and as player in the left (lower res) monitor.

GrumpyOldAndy
August 22nd, 2020, 13:38
Spoilers for NPC in Mark of the Beast

1) The stats provided for Gorak Blight-Born do NOT match those from the Symbaroum pdf of the adventure, notably claw damage 12/10 in the pdf, 9/9 in FG, and Tough Skin 6 in pdf, Tough Skin 5 in FG.

2) The Tough Skin in FG is marked as being NOT WORN and so is not applied during combat. This also throws an error when damage is rolled.
To duplicate roll damage against Gorak Blight-Born (NPC from the Chronicle of the Copper Crown module).

Simpe
September 3rd, 2020, 15:00
Hi!

And thanks for reporting these bugs! I will try to look into specifically the issues related to Gorak Blight-Born asap (although a very buzy week) and try to patch that as soon as possible. Seems easy enough.

The CT ordering is less prioritized I think as it is mostly a graphical glitch if I understand it correctly? Shouldn't be too hard to solve anyway!

Thanks for the very good bug reports!

Cheers,
Simon

Warpghost
September 10th, 2020, 17:56
Hi!

I also had problem with above. I tried to recreate Gorak based on the swedish rules (wich also differs from the Gorak in the FG module). But my question is more regardning issues with the combat tracker. I know that for PC you have to manually calculate the defense. But When I attack for ex Gorak with my Throwing Axe (To Hit Value 9) I tought that FG should calculate correct hit when dropping the dice on Gorak.

My created Gorak has a Defense value of +8. Then I need to roll under 9+8=17 to hit. But still FG calculate it as a miss. I have this Issue with not just Gorak but with other NPC as well?

Cheers

GrumpyOldAndy
September 10th, 2020, 18:18
That's the way it works with all attacks. It compares the roll with the players to hit, but doesn't account for the creatures defense. You need to do final bit of math yourself, if the success/failures are enough to overcome the creature defenses modifier, in this case +8. It does seem very weird to me it doesn't do that final bit automatically. At least it puts the defense mod on the command line so you can easily tell but....

Valyar
September 10th, 2020, 18:27
Posting in error.

Warpghost
September 11th, 2020, 18:44
Thanks for your answer.

But it still seems tom mee that this is not the way it should work? I read the Symbaroum Combat Tracker Wiki and what I can understand you only have to do math when you roll for defense when the NPC attacks you.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Symbaroum_Combat_Tracker#A_standard_player_round_. 28weapon-attack.29

I maybe miss something totally here?

Regards Warp

Amnipotent1
September 17th, 2020, 07:34
Hello.

Not sure where to post this, so hopefully this reaches the right place.

Having some difficulty with effects and abilities, not sure if these are bugs, if i am doing something wrong, or if the features are incomplete.

1.) Berserker Frenzy (Rage) - i finally managed to somehow get the "rage" effect applied to the warrior, which IS altering the damage and armor dice while active in the CT (working properly while applied), but i can not activate it from the character sheet, as there is no "+" on the berserker ability on the character sheet. I created a custom effect called "rage" which seems to have engaged the otherwise hidden effect and allows me to drag it onto a PC in the CT from the Effects panel; i then attempted to create a new ability/trait called "berserker - frenzy" and use the actions to apply the "rage" effect with a free action. No luck. Not only does it not apply the effect when double clicking, but i get an error message and the effect name shows as "unknown" on the character sheet when i click the "+" on the newly created ability.

while i can drag and drop the newly created "rage" effect from the effect panel onto the applicable character in the CT, it would be much nicer if the player could activate this from their character sheet.

2.) Larvae Boil - the ability appears correctly on the character sheet, unlike "berserker", which includes a roll to check for success, and a button to apply the effect (it would be nice if a successful roll applied the effect automatically to the enemy targeted by the roll) however, the damage is meant to ignore armor. While the "Larvae Boil" effect is applied to the target, it DOES roll the check to maintain automatically, and DOES roll damage automatically on a successful check, but it then rolls armor for the target, possibly negating the damage rolled and requiring a manual change to override this incorrect armor roll.

3.) Concentration checks - not sure if feasible, but it would be nice if concentration checks were rolled automatically when a player character takes damage; maybe by implementing a "concentration" effect that can be applied to the casting character? again, would be nice if that could be applied automatically when casting a concentration spell, but even just the effect so it can be drag and dropped would be nice.

3b.) When a check to maintain a spell effect is failed, the effect is not removed from the combat tracker, but it should be. Thats a pretty basic FG function in other systems.

4.) There seems to be a great number of effects actually programmed into the engine, but none of them show up on the "effects" window, so there is no way to know which ones are present or how they are worded, it was a shot in the dark that i managed to get "rage" applied, so im wondering if thats intentional, and if so, why? it took me ages to finally figure out that a "rage" effect existed (should be called frenzy, since its "berserker frenzy" but all good) and each of the spells ive mentioned seem to have an effect attached to them, so why dont they appear in the effects panel?

5.) I realize this has been asked before, however... Why on earth is there no capability to drag and drop the "to hit" modifier from an NPC sheet onto a Player Character in the CT? I fully 100% understand the concept of only players rolling dice, but this is a serious downgrade in quality of life over other FG products. As the GM, i need to be able to initiate an attack from an NPC to a PC and have that calculated automatically; this does not cause me as the GM to actually make a roll. It should be possible for me to drag an attack modifier from the NPC sheet or "offense" section of the NPC entry in the CT to force a defense roll from a PC.

the answers given on this topic are not sufficient and do not actually address the issue - this is a serious inconvenience for a system that is advertised as having "automated mechanics" and the explanation of "only PC's make rolls" doesnt make any sense because its not really having the GM MAKE a roll, so much as FORCE a roll from a PC. Given it is clearly possible for a PC to force a Defense roll from an NPC, it should be equally possible for me as GM to force a defense roll from a PC, even though it doesnt require a roll from the NPC - simply apply the "to hit" modifier from the NPC sheet to the forced PC defense roll. Forcing me to manually communicate the modifier and manually apply the modifier on EVERY single combat roll from an NPC totally negates the purpose of having "automated mechanics" and playing via software instead of via pen and paper - this is the core of the combat gameplay and i am astounded that it was intentionally not added.

Please make this a priority - i can see multiple people have requested this.

for what its worth, i have encountered all of these issues in only my first test session with 3 players, where i ran a single combat encounter with 4 NPC (robber + robber chief) vs 3 PC's.

thats quite a number of issues to have from the very first instance of combat, and to be honest, it leaves me a bit wanting and wondering why this product is being charged out at full price and not labeled as a "beta" version.

I have read most of the posts, and i understand you have a limited amount of time and manpower to work on these things, of course there is a priority order, but all the issues i have listed are very commonly used actions and should most definitely be a priority. I can only imagine that the issues present with points 1.) and 2.) are present across multiple other abilities. 3.) and 3b.) should definitely be feasible, 4.) seems like an oversight and 5.) well.. that might be a deal breaker, given the advertised convenience of Fantasy Grounds and its ruleset implementation.

Thanks for your time.

Simpe
September 17th, 2020, 07:54
Hey all!

First of all - I have some fixes coming up, one of them being the issue that Amnipotent1 describes during 1).

The fixes include some of the issues seen with NPC's primarily not being able to expand a lot of their abilities. I will try to submit these fixes during the weekend but since my only window is sunday afternoon - depending on long time I have to spend looking for a house.

These fixes will also include the Gorak issues that you have been reporting.

Secondly, thank you Amnipotent1 for the very well written bug reports.

In general, when reporting bug issues it would be very helpful for me if the exact steps to reproduce the issue is listed (as well as any error messages, so that I know that I found the right issue). Preferably from an empty campaign. This helps me to find the bug more quickly and that way I can fix more bugs in shorter time.

In regards to 2), it sounds like "ignore armor" damage is not working correctly for the Larvae Boil. I will try to look into this.

3) There exist concentration checks. Please list the effects/spells where this doesn't work.
3b) Yes, this has worked previously. As there are things changing constantly with FG / CoreRPG sometimes these bugs start to happen without me having even changed something. I will try to look into this as well - but unfortunately these fixes will be after I've committed the current fixes as they need more testing before I can commit them.

4) The reason why the effects are not listed under the whole effect-list is because they're implemented under the specific abilities. I agree that it would be beneficial if they existed at both places. I don't know how much time it would take to fix this but I will put it on my list.

5) The motivation is not only "only PC's make rolls" but also that the IP holder of the rpg requested this. As I am only the developer of the ruleset and not the owner of the rpg I have a legal obligation to follow their instructions. I will request this from them again and see if we can get this granted. I am willing to implement it given time and availability and as long as I am allowed to.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having these issues with the ruleset. It has previously been well received and that makes me think that bugs have been introduced even though I have not made any updates to the ruleset. Please understand that I will try my best to fix as many issues as I possibly can.

Best regards,
Simon

Amnipotent1
September 17th, 2020, 08:22
Wow that was fast, must have caught you at a good time!

I hope i didn't come on too strong on 5.), as i am overall really impressed with the implementation, and if it is at the request of the developer then it is what it is, and i can accept that, as i do want to use the system. I think there's been enough said on that topic so i will leave it at that.

sure, i will do my best to communicate the steps i took in attempting to create a toggle effect for the berserker frenzy ability;

firstly, i may be going about this wrong, and i totally accept that i could be missing steps or features that are available.

*edit because i see you already addressed 1.)*

(2.) ok great!

(3.) Concentration Checks: i was testing with the bend will ability

3a.) target another character in the CT
3b.) click "+" on bend will in the character sheet
3c.) click "seize control" action, which rolls 1d20 for the check and 1d4 for corruption
3d.) on a success, i click the "seize control" effect on the character sheet, which applies the "seize control" effect to the targeted character in the CT
3e.) with a 3rd character in the CT, i target the caster who used "bend will", rolling to hit until i land a hit, then rolling damage (drag and drop from character sheet to CT)
3f.) the attack, damage and armor all roll normally, but there is no concentration check, and no concentration effect visible in the CT on the caster

concentration is meant to proc when the caster takes damage - in my test, the caster took damage enough to overcome the PT and become prone, but no concentration check was made.

3g.) i then repeated the process with the same results, using the "confusion" ability.

yah i totally understand, you cant make too many changes at once.

(4.) right, yah i can see when applying the above (bend will and confusion) that there exist the "seize control" and "confused" effects; as GM it would be useful to have them at the ready to apply at will, rather than digging through ability menus. Thanks!

i totally understand that it all takes time and effort and as a singular dev that's a pretty tall order, again i didn't mean to come off too abrasive with the (5.) and i understand if that is out of your hands.

i hope this report helps; and i will continue to post if/when i come across more issues.

thanks for your time Simon, i appreciate the prompt reply (bed time for me though now!)

cheers

Simpe
September 17th, 2020, 08:32
Yes I had 10 minutes while waiting for things with work so it matched perfectly :)

Plus this time I actually got a mail about it, which hadn't happened for the previous replies since I latest wrote on this thread. It's a bit weird like that.

Thank you for the steps to reproduce! That really helps!

I don't think you came off strong on 5. I understand the frustration in regards to it which is what I will try to communicate. The one issue I see with it is that once it's in there, people will want to take more and more abilities into consideration into that roll which will eventually make it really really complex. I do however think that even at its basic form it will help the flow of the ruleset.

I have learned a lot from making the Symabaroum ruleset and the most recent one I have been working on (not alone either) has turned out a lot less flawed. I think that if I poke Valyar to help me fix up Symbaroum that we can probably get it more polished. If I ask him nicely and maybe send him a few beers we can iron out some of the issues that we have with it.

Sleep well!

Thanks,
Simon

GrumpyOldAndy
September 17th, 2020, 10:25
Hello.
5.) I realize this has been asked before, however... Why on earth is there no capability to drag and drop the "to hit" modifier from an NPC sheet onto a Player Character in the CT? I fully 100% understand the concept of only players rolling dice, but this is a serious downgrade in quality of life over other FG products. As the GM, i need to be able to initiate an attack from an NPC to a PC and have that calculated automatically; this does not cause me as the GM to actually make a roll. It should be possible for me to drag an attack modifier from the NPC sheet or "offense" section of the NPC entry in the CT to force a defense roll from a PC.

I am curious as to why asking the PC to make a defense roll is different from this? Or are you asking for the hit modifier to be included in the calculation? Hmm, I just realised I haven't tried dragging the hit modifier to the actual die roll modifier box before asking a PC to roll defense.

Amnipotent1
September 18th, 2020, 04:58
Yes I had 10 minutes while waiting for things with work so it matched perfectly :)

Plus this time I actually got a mail about it, which hadn't happened for the previous replies since I latest wrote on this thread. It's a bit weird like that.

Thank you for the steps to reproduce! That really helps!

I don't think you came off strong on 5. I understand the frustration in regards to it which is what I will try to communicate. The one issue I see with it is that once it's in there, people will want to take more and more abilities into consideration into that roll which will eventually make it really really complex. I do however think that even at its basic form it will help the flow of the ruleset.

I have learned a lot from making the Symabaroum ruleset and the most recent one I have been working on (not alone either) has turned out a lot less flawed. I think that if I poke Valyar to help me fix up Symbaroum that we can probably get it more polished. If I ask him nicely and maybe send him a few beers we can iron out some of the issues that we have with it.

Sleep well!

Thanks,
Simon

ok, haha, i read what i wrote and hoped it wasn't taken to be rude :o

i totally understand that concern and I'm sure its a pain to code that kind of complexity with overlapping features - I'm sure i will either get used to it or figure out a work-around of some kind, and if its the creators wish not to have that included then i can accept that it is out of your hands!

I would agree that even having just basic ATK vs DEF roll functionality would go a long way to streamlining combat and making things a bit faster (i think we all know some players are a bit slow, so being able to force the roll from GM side would be great)

i certainly appreciate your prompt replies and willingness to work on the system, as it is definitely a lot of work, so great job on that! Also, i am happy to continue posting bug reports when i come across them through our sessions if it helps; really like the system so id love to see it come closer to the level of automation that the major systems have.

i do have a couple additional questions that i am not sure are bugs, or if I'm just not doing it right:
1.)is there a way to add the PC's attacks and abilities to the "offense" panel in the CT? NPC's have it added automatically, and having that reference in the CT would help to keep the UI clean and not need to have PC character sheets open to reference abilities and attacks. (i already have a ton of panels open and players often have questions about their items and abilities, so being able to glance at the CT and click the link or allow players to drag and drop their attacks and abilities from the CT would be great, but obviously just a quality of life thing, no biggie)

When i drag weapons and armor over to the CT, it just adds a line with the name of the item, but no "to hit" "armor" "defense" or "damage" boxes appear

When i drag an entry from "abilities & powers" on the PC character sheet into the "offense" panel on the CT, nothing happens; but those entries are also added automatically when an NPC is added to the CT. Is this because i, as GM am only meant to control the NPC's, or am i missing something?

2.) PC "size" and "reach" are defaulted to 5/5 when a new PC is added to the CT and cause the PC tokens to appear huge on the map, until i change the size value manually. Changing these values manually doesnt seem to save the value for future use if the PC is removed from the CT for whatever reason, but all the NPC's (that i have checked so far) come in at 2/2 and have tokens added to the map at the correct size (1 square)

If i change the value manually and leave the PC's in the CT, the values do remain between sessions, so not a huge deal, just wondering. There really isn't any reason to remove the PC's from the CT, but seems odd that they are added at a default of 5/5 instead of 2/2 like the NPC's

3.) creating a custom "ability" doesn't allow adding text for novice, adept or master, and also doesn't add the 3 diamonds to the character sheet, but creating a custom "trait" does; not sure if that is intentional, but i noticed while attempting to manually add some content from the APG, (so my players can use burdens and boons - which i don't expect to be automated in any way) and figured i would mention it. Mostly just a convenience of organization that seems odd considering the base abilities do include that functionality.

Thanks again, Looking forward to your next patch!

I am curious as to why asking the PC to make a defense roll is different from this? Or are you asking for the hit modifier to be included in the calculation? Hmm, I just realised I haven't tried dragging the hit modifier to the actual die roll modifier box before asking a PC to roll defense.

yes, i was asking why there is no method of automating the calculations, since all other calculations are automated; because many enemies have multiple weapons and/or attacks, it makes most sense for me to be able to drop the modifier from the "to hit" section from the NPC block onto the PC entry in the CT, thus forcing a defense roll and automatically applying the NPC's attack modifier.

Simpe's concerns about overlapping complexity with many features on a single roll are valid though, so i understand; just seems like a pretty basic function that is missing and that would streamline combat quite a bit. (but i am not a programmer, so a "basic function" to me may be vastly oversimplifying things) :p

Valyar
September 18th, 2020, 10:13
Quick update - all raised so far has been registered on the issue tracking board. Simon already addressed some of them and will continue over the weekend.

GrumpyOldAndy
September 23rd, 2020, 06:30
Every time I open the Inventory page on the character sheet, it throws an error for every item in the list.
Also, the armour and weapons from the front page are not linked to the inventory page, so you can delete someone's armour from their inventory, but they still have it on the front page, and if you add it on the inventory, it doesn't appear on the front.
All in the latest version of FGUnity.

Note: All items in the core rulebook have no weight defined, exactly as in the physical book. Is there a way to change that without me having to duplicate every entry in the table?

Valyar
September 23rd, 2020, 14:56
Thank you for reporting this. It seems there is problem not only with Unity version and I will log this as an issue for be taken care of.

At the moment there is no link between item in the inventory tab and the interactive Equipment frame on the main page. You can drag & drop item directly on the front page. I know that this causes some overhead but it also makes sense from certain perspective - you keep the non-weapon and armor stuffs in the inventory. Still, options will be explored.

On the weight - if there is no weight per item in the official book, then it is not transferred to the ruleset. You will have to clone the items and make module or directly unlock the equipment in question and put weight.

phantomwhale
September 23rd, 2020, 23:59
Two-handed force doesn't seem to affect heavy weapon damage currently:

Should be 1d12 (and there is no way to adjust it manually even, as a fallback)

GrumpyOldAndy
September 24th, 2020, 08:09
Two-handed force doesn't seem to affect heavy weapon damage currently:

Should be 1d12 (and there is no way to adjust it manually even, as a fallback)

Its working fine on my version. Two Handed Sword doesn't exist in the core rulebook. The version you created doesn't have the two handed property, so two handed force wouldn't apply.

phantomwhale
September 24th, 2020, 11:36
Ah - I had it selected as "main hand" not "two-handed" - works now!

Ok, next bug / me doing something wrong - Robust (at adept level, in this case) should only add 1d6 damage to melee attacks. It appears to be adding it to missile weapons as well.

I also note the library entry for Robust doesn't include the full rule description either, it stops after the defense modifier, but omits the extra text at each level about armor restrictions, extra natural armor and the damage bonus rule here.

I was finally wondering if Robust should be always applied to damage, given it only applies to one attack per turn - so for instance, my twin attack ogre here will end up doing an extra 1d6 on both attacks if he hits twice

This one is obviously less "bug", more "usability" focused. But without any mechanism to adjust the dice in a weapon list, I wonder if robust should instead present a 1d6 damage modifier you can click on before rolling damage? Or if it seems better to always add it, is there a way to manually remove it easily?

GrumpyOldAndy
September 24th, 2020, 14:59
Ah - I had it selected as "main hand" not "two-handed" - works now!

Ok, next bug / me doing something wrong - Robust (at adept level, in this case) should only add 1d6 damage to melee attacks. It appears to be adding it to missile weapons as well.

Never tried, but it appears you are correct.

I was finally wondering if Robust should be always applied to damage, given it only applies to one attack per turn - so for instance, my twin attack ogre here will end up doing an extra 1d6 on both attacks if he hits twice

Removing the damage is very easy, as creatures are NOT marked as killed in Symbaroum, they just go into -ve hits. Players still see that as Badly Injured, or whatever the exact wording is. So I just add the HP from the d4 roll back on in the combat tracker.
There are a few other rolls that work roughly the same way, such as the d4 Backstab. The player rolls that damage separately as it is never added on, and I manually adjust the monsters HP.

It's not as automated as I think it should be, but our group gets by pretty well for the most part. The campaign has been running 11(?) weeks now so it has become second nature for most of this.

Jarec
October 2nd, 2020, 10:21
When I add a modifier value then drag a roll from the players attribute it rolls and applies the modifier to the roll but gives an error in one of the lua scripts. If I apply a mod then double click on an attribute it throws the error but doesn't peerform the roll. If the modifier is 0 everything works OK with no lue error. Really need to be able to use the modifiers as this is basic FG functionality. I'm using classic FG and haven't tried it using Unity

Simpe
October 2nd, 2020, 12:03
Hi all,

I just received the first notification on quite some time that this thread was replied to. I will try to fix a couple of high-priority bugs this weekend. Primarly the one you've just reported Jarec seems very important.

I think another bug-fix was added last tuesday and hopefully I can get a couple of fixes out until this tuesday as well.

Thanks,
Simon

Simpe
October 3rd, 2020, 09:59
Hey all,

Just informing that the bug reported by phantomwhale of robust applying to none-melee weapons has a fix which is upcoming in the next patch. The same goes for Jarec's bug in regards to adding modifiers to the trait rolls.

In regards to abilities that only influence the first attack - There hasn't been any implementation that handles several attacks in the same round. I am looking at implementing something that will handle this correctly. But I think that maybe unlocking the damage/armor rolls on weapons/armors is a higher priority.

Thanks,
Simon

Simpe
October 3rd, 2020, 15:00
Small update,

Player equipment (weapon/armor) will be customizable (damage/armor absorption) in the next update. I have tried to do a lot of testing, but as always with new features - be aware that there can be new bugs with it.

Cheers,
Simon

phantomwhale
October 4th, 2020, 05:32
Updated my ruleset a few hours ago.

When on a character sheet that has abilities / traits on the main page, when you move to a different character sheet tab, a number of script errors are thrown:

Script Error: [string "scripts/record_ability_action_list.lua"]:10: attempt to call field 'onUpdate' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/record_ability_action_list.lua"]:10: attempt to call field 'onUpdate' (a nil value)

I also note a few warnings got thrown during my session too:

Ruleset Warning: window: Could not find minimize icon (minimized_char) in windowclass (charsheet)
Ruleset Warning: window: Could not find minimize icon (minimized_char) in windowclass (charsheet)

Simpe
October 4th, 2020, 07:27
Updated my ruleset a few hours ago.

When on a character sheet that has abilities / traits on the main page, when you move to a different character sheet tab, a number of script errors are thrown:

I also note a few warnings got thrown during my session too:

Hi phantomwhale,

The ruleset hasn't been updated yet since it updates on Tuesdays. You are reporting a bug that has already been reported. Please wait until the patch has been applied and try again.

Thanks,
Simon.

grandslayer
October 7th, 2020, 01:36
Hello Guys!

Hey Everyone!

I'd like to report a Bug: When I try to drag-and-drop Items ( Weapons armor, anything ) from the Player's Module into the character's sheet (Items and Inventory section), I get an error ( In attached Image )

At first I thought that it was an issue with the way items were created on the Player's module so I tried entering an Item that was created manually, but no luck.
I'm not using any additional module or extension besides the Symbaroum Rulebook, I'm using Fantasy Grounds Classic.

Simpe
October 7th, 2020, 11:50
Hello Guys!

Hey Everyone!

I'd like to report a Bug: When I try to drag-and-drop Items ( Weapons armor, anything ) from the Player's Module into the character's sheet (Items and Inventory section), I get an error ( In attached Image )

At first I thought that it was an issue with the way items were created on the Player's module so I tried entering an Item that was created manually, but no luck.
I'm not using any additional module or extension besides the Symbaroum Rulebook, I'm using Fantasy Grounds Classic.

Hi,

This is a bug that has been reported twice in the recent week. If you update to TEST or DEV branch then you should see v1.15 when starting up the ruleset and the bug should be fixed.

Thanks,
Simon

GrumpyOldAndy
October 16th, 2020, 17:00
The effects button/window seems to have changed.
Previously I could create new effects, and attempt to have them do something. Never got that working properly, though. Now, I can create a new effect, but I can only name it. There is no edit the effect option.

It would also be nice to have all the built in effects placed in that window so I can apply them from there if required. The only one I know exists in the ruleset is prone, because it is placed automatically on damage exceeding combat threshold. If there are any others, such as flanking, I can't apply them, or even create them.

GrumpyOldAndy
October 16th, 2020, 17:11
New bug, or at least one I haven't noticed before, deleting a character from the combat tracker throws an error, player or NPC.

Simpe
October 16th, 2020, 21:39
New bug, or at least one I haven't noticed before, deleting a character from the combat tracker throws an error, player or NPC.

Hi Andy!

Thanks for the bug report. John has solved it and it looks like a fix for it will be pushed on tuesday. As to your issue with the none-editable effects, that is of valid concern but I have no idea what has caused it. I think that your suggestion of moving all of the effects to the effects-library so that it can be used freely is sound and I will try to fix it during the upcoming week! It's a bit of a refactoring but it's a really good one so I'll try to get it through asap.

Thanks!
Simon

lokiare
October 16th, 2020, 21:49
Hi Andy!

Thanks for the bug report. John has solved it and it looks like a fix for it will be pushed on tuesday. As to your issue with the none-editable effects, that is of valid concern but I have no idea what has caused it. I think that your suggestion of moving all of the effects to the effects-library so that it can be used freely is sound and I will try to fix it during the upcoming week! It's a bit of a refactoring but it's a really good one so I'll try to get it through asap.

Thanks!
Simon

This update is in TEST now and will go LIVE the Tuesday Update after next because it missed the cut off about 4 hours ago.

phantomwhale
October 17th, 2020, 00:02

Small formatting issue on the NPC screen (Racial Category title bleeds into the value)

phantomwhale
October 17th, 2020, 03:42
Creating a new NPC - when you click into an attribute (e.g. Cunning) and click out again, it changes from 0 to 10. Attempting to adjust this value results in odd behaviour (set it to 9, changes to a 1, set to 8, changes to a 2). I guess this is trying to map the ACTUAL value to the modifier (or vica versa) but I am struggling to set these fields to have an underlying value of 10 and a visible modifier of 0. When I type 0 and click or tab out, it changes to 10, with a tooltip saying value is 0. When I type 10 and click or tab out, it doesn't change, and still say 10 with a tooltip saying it's underlying value is 0.

There is also an odd behaviour on load where all these values are 0, but clicking in and out again changes them back to 10. This also happens when I drag and drop a "0" onto fields (setting them visibly to 0) and then click in and out again.

Somehow I've changed Accurate to be correct, and I think I just got Discrete to stay at 0 too - but I'm doing this by chance, and it's farfrom intuitive, even if it is working (I suspect there is a bug here too) - think I'm gonna have to just run my NPCs out of the physical books for tomorrow's game.

Any way both values could be displayed, in edit mode at least, to make things clearer? I'd quite like to see the underlying value in read-mode too, to be honest, although I understand the modifier is usually the more important number, but I'm used to reading both and occasionally you do need to roll against a monster stat, so it's helpful to not have to map it back to the original number in my head.

Simpe
October 17th, 2020, 07:39
Creating a new NPC - when you click into an attribute (e.g. Cunning) and click out again, it changes from 0 to 10. Attempting to adjust this value results in odd behaviour (set it to 9, changes to a 1, set to 8, changes to a 2). I guess this is trying to map the ACTUAL value to the modifier (or vica versa) but I am struggling to set these fields to have an underlying value of 10 and a visible modifier of 0. When I type 0 and click or tab out, it changes to 10, with a tooltip saying value is 0. When I type 10 and click or tab out, it doesn't change, and still say 10 with a tooltip saying it's underlying value is 0.

There is also an odd behaviour on load where all these values are 0, but clicking in and out again changes them back to 10. This also happens when I drag and drop a "0" onto fields (setting them visibly to 0) and then click in and out again.

Somehow I've changed Accurate to be correct, and I think I just got Discrete to stay at 0 too - but I'm doing this by chance, and it's farfrom intuitive, even if it is working (I suspect there is a bug here too) - think I'm gonna have to just run my NPCs out of the physical books for tomorrow's game.

Any way both values could be displayed, in edit mode at least, to make things clearer? I'd quite like to see the underlying value in read-mode too, to be honest, although I understand the modifier is usually the more important number, but I'm used to reading both and occasionally you do need to roll against a monster stat, so it's helpful to not have to map it back to the original number in my head.

Hi!

And thanks for the feedback!

Yes this is intended behavior. In later Symbaroum books all of the NPC's attributes are displayed as their modifiers rather than their actual attribute. That's why you're seeing these things. I thought I mentioned it in the user manual. The issue with tabbing out will be looked into. I will see if I can try to display both the values but I had something like that before and it was a real mess visually. Basically the idea is that it supposed to be "smart" and detect if you're writing a modifier or a stat. Unfortunately those overlap slightly. Maybe there should be a toggle between displaying them as stats or as modifiers?

Cheers,
Simon

Simpe
October 17th, 2020, 08:00
Hey Phantomwhale,

I've tried to reproduce the behavior that you are describing in regards to modifying attributes - but I can't seem to manage. Are you working in FGU or FGC?

I'm not sure what you mean "on load" - could you please describe your steps in order to see 0's on all attributes?

Thanks!
Simon

Amnipotent1
October 23rd, 2020, 03:03
hello again;
thanks for the patches!

had a new player join our group and found a few issues with mystical abilities:

1) Brimstone Cascade is dealing [Armor Penetrating] damage and not allowing the NPC to roll Armor, but the spell isn't meant to ignore armor; have tested with various characters against various NPC's with the same result each time.

2) Confusion has no actions or "+" to open its internal menu, so cant be cast or have its effect applied via the character sheet

3) Maltransformation is prompting an error code when attempting to apply the effect by double clicking: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/ability_effect_button.lua"]:42:attempt to compare number with string

4) Levitate has no effect icon in the character sheet option, and therefor cant be applied as an effect and i would assume cant be used to trigger a concentration check

5) I still cant seem to trigger an automatic concentration check when the caster is hit; i know previously it was mentioned this was implemented; tested with larvae boil and holy aura

not related to mystical abilities

1b) when creating a new weapon by right clicking in the weapon menu and selecting create new item, there doesn't seem to be a way to assign an item category or assign a damage die, weapon type, etc; i know you can select the weapon type (short, long, etc) via the character sheet and that sets the damage for that weapon type, so wondering if we can get a way to implement that functionality via the create new item window so that it is automatically in order when the item is added to the character sheet? or even just having the ability to assign an item category so that the custom items are included in the "weapons" or "armor" lists would be great.

thanks for all your hard work!

GrumpyOldAndy
October 23rd, 2020, 11:44
1b) when creating a new weapon by right clicking in the weapon menu and selecting create new item, there doesn't seem to be a way to assign an item category or assign a damage die, weapon type, etc; i know you can select the weapon type (short, long, etc) via the character sheet and that sets the damage for that weapon type, so wondering if we can get a way to implement that functionality via the create new item window so that it is automatically in order when the item is added to the character sheet? or even just having the ability to assign an item category so that the custom items are included in the "weapons" or "armor" lists would be great.

Yep, this is a bit of a pain. I get around this by copying an item in the category I already want, and editing that to the new item. For instance, I just added all the alchemical things from the Advanced Players Guide. I copied the choking spores, which already exists, then changed the name, description and costs. Now when I select alchemical in the drop down box, my new items show as intended. It shouldn't have to be done that way.

On a side note, I'd also like to change those categories so they start with a capital letter. It would just look better, IMO.

GrumpyOldAndy
October 23rd, 2020, 12:09
I have just realised the armour quality Flexible does not work as intended. Currently, it removes all penalties for use regardless of armour type.
From the rulebook:
"For this reason a Flexible light armor has no penalty at all on Defense tests, sneaking and the use of mystic powers. A Flexible medium armor has a (−1) penalty and a Flexible heavy armor (−2)."

Simpe
October 23rd, 2020, 17:02
hello again;
thanks for the patches!

had a new player join our group and found a few issues with mystical abilities:

1) Brimstone Cascade is dealing [Armor Penetrating] damage and not allowing the NPC to roll Armor, but the spell isn't meant to ignore armor; have tested with various characters against various NPC's with the same result each time.

2) Confusion has no actions or "+" to open its internal menu, so cant be cast or have its effect applied via the character sheet

3) Maltransformation is prompting an error code when attempting to apply the effect by double clicking: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/ability_effect_button.lua"]:42:attempt to compare number with string

4) Levitate has no effect icon in the character sheet option, and therefor cant be applied as an effect and i would assume cant be used to trigger a concentration check

5) I still cant seem to trigger an automatic concentration check when the caster is hit; i know previously it was mentioned this was implemented; tested with larvae boil and holy aura

not related to mystical abilities

thanks for all your hard work!

Hi! That's very interesting, will try to look into that during the upcoming week. The effect-recode that I started to look into is quite the big deal so I will probably have to shelve it in order to solve some of these bugs.

The reason why 1b) isn't correctly implemented is because most of the items were hand-written in xml which is probably causing some of these (and other issues).

GrumpOldAndy:
Huh... I'm 100% sure that this worked (at at least one point. Looking into the code there's still settings for the flexible variants of them. Not sure how that could have broken but I'll look into that as well, thanks!

Simpe
October 23rd, 2020, 17:29
Hi again,

Just a quick note.
Brimstone cascade (and some other) things that do damage no longer applies armor penetrating even though it's not supposed to, is now fixed. I have no idea what caused this bug but it does not seem related to anything I've done but you never know :/ Will be in on tuesday.
Maltransformation is fixed, will be in on tuesday.
Confusion/Levitate both worked for me locally. What version are you running? Is it 1.15?

1b - I made a quick check and yes you are entirely correct that the item "editor" is seriously lacking. I'll see what I can copy from the player-inventory-editor. Should be simple enough to modify. Hopefully I'll be able to fix that before tuesday. I have two birthday parties this weekend though so it might be a bit tight.

GrumpyOldAndy: You are 100% correct with the flexible part (managed to reproduce). Will look into that as well but should be easy fix and in before tuesday.

Simpe
October 26th, 2020, 08:20
Hi,

A couple of fixes coming in on Tuesday. Unfortunately the fix for flexible modifications didn't make it in but will be in the next patch!

@Amnipotent1: It would be very helpful if you could explain which version you are having the issues with confusion/levitate as well as the steps you take to try the automatic concentration where it fails (how you apply the effects for example, double-click with targeting or dragging and to whom you drag it etc). The CoreRPG effects system is very flexible so I think there might be situations where the effects are not applied correctly. I've started a refactoring of this system but it will take some time.

Cheers,
Simon

phantomwhale
November 15th, 2020, 04:12
Just had another session, following came up:

Robust trait, pulled in from the player's handbook to my player's Ogre character, appears to have a "GM" description (talks about 2 points of damage reduction, rather than 1d4 armor, and doesn't mention the +1d4 damage part either). Not sure where that comes from, but it doesn't match the description on the trait in the players handbook.

Interface confusion - a player tried to raise one of their attributes. They clicked onto the attribute, typed out the new number, and then tried clicking around all over the character sheet, double-clicking on the attribute to see if the roll used the new value (it did not) and as a GM I couldn't see any change to the value coming through. Only when he finally clicked into a DIFFERENT attribute did the new value get properly applied, the modifier above the numeric value update and everyone else see the new value.

Nice to have - when my ogre applied "rage" from his Beserk, all his weapon damages went up 1d6 - nice! When that effect was removed, attempts to roll the weapon damage did seem to remove the extra 1d6, but for both the player and the GM looking at the character sheet, the extra 1d6 still looked like it was there. Only closing and reopening the character sheet made the values visually update. As an aside, I think I've seen quite a few places where the view doesn't update to match the underlying model with being "turned off and on again", but this was the first instance I've remembered exactly what occurred.

GrumpyOldAndy
November 15th, 2020, 10:23
Creatures with no armour have the wrong defense value in calculations. See attached. Latest versions in Unity, as shown in picture.
A mare cat has no armour, and is given a defense of 0, when it should be -3 for quick.
A cult follower has armour, and a defense of +1, which is calculated correctly.

To replicate, set up a combat with a mare cat and cult follower, and beat them up.

GrumpyOldAndy
November 15th, 2020, 13:14
The Sixth Sense ability is not applied to thrown weapons.
At novice "Passive.The character has a strong intuition, which lets him or her use Vigilant instead of Accurate when attacking with ranged weapons." It is applied when using a Bow or Crossbow.

Simpe
November 16th, 2020, 12:47
Hey phantomwhale and GrumpyOldAndy!

Thank you for these reports! I'll try to look into them during the week and try to submit fixes to these bugs before the end of the week!

Thanks,
Simon

Simpe
November 20th, 2020, 21:09
Just had another session, following came up:

Robust trait, pulled in from the player's handbook to my player's Ogre character, appears to have a "GM" description (talks about 2 points of damage reduction, rather than 1d4 armor, and doesn't mention the +1d4 damage part either). Not sure where that comes from, but it doesn't match the description on the trait in the players handbook.

Interface confusion - a player tried to raise one of their attributes. They clicked onto the attribute, typed out the new number, and then tried clicking around all over the character sheet, double-clicking on the attribute to see if the roll used the new value (it did not) and as a GM I couldn't see any change to the value coming through. Only when he finally clicked into a DIFFERENT attribute did the new value get properly applied, the modifier above the numeric value update and everyone else see the new value.

Nice to have - when my ogre applied "rage" from his Beserk, all his weapon damages went up 1d6 - nice! When that effect was removed, attempts to roll the weapon damage did seem to remove the extra 1d6, but for both the player and the GM looking at the character sheet, the extra 1d6 still looked like it was there. Only closing and reopening the character sheet made the values visually update. As an aside, I think I've seen quite a few places where the view doesn't update to match the underlying model with being "turned off and on again", but this was the first instance I've remembered exactly what occurred.

Hi Phantomwhale, looking into this now.

The robust trait is the one that the monster trait rather than the simplified player trait. We made it this way in order to avoid confusion of having two of them. It does mention the +2 damage which is what the NPC's get which is 1/2 of the die max. The reason we picked the monster trait over the player trait is because it contains more information (all three levels). Do you think it would help if we provided information, or should I add a separate one for the players and move this one only to monster traits?

Interface confusion - Yes unfortunately the way that the interface works is that it's not until you hit enter, tab or click another element that causes the value to actually change. I think this is probably an issue with FG rather than the ruleset?

Rage - I'll look into this and see if I can make players update when statuses changes. I know this worked at one point but it seems like it has somehow broken.

GrumpyOldAndy - Just wanted to let you know that I've fixed both the issues that you've reported and will submit them before the end of the weekend!

Thanks,
Simon

phantomwhale
November 21st, 2020, 05:45
I really think the Robust trait needs to have the player handbook text - my players don't really know (or care) about the "1d4 your side is just +2 GM side" or want to do that translation when reading the text. Plus it totally omits the text about +1d4 damage once per turn. Is there a robust monster trait? Haven't got my books near me, but I thought it was only a player trait.

Interface-wise; I'm pretty sure there are ways to do it (I wrote most of the Savage Worlds ruleset - but that was a few years ago) - right now it's painfully unintuitive. Perhaps MoonWizard or others in the Armory can help with suggestions here?

Rage - or in general "get fields updating everywhere when the underlying data value changes" - suspect there is one trick to this that needs to be applied in quite a few places. Not a game breaker, exactly, but certainly every time players are confused by what they are seeing, it takes a lot to get them back to trusting the interface and into the game. Once the "magic" of a good ruleset is trustworthy, it totally spins around and gets players excited and hooked. But right now we're at the "trust nothing, double-check things" stage, so hopefully patching a few of these things will help that happen.

I'm playing fortnightly now, and hopefully doing my first combat tomorrow, so expect I'll be back with some more bits and bobs then (hopefully not many!)

Cheers,
Ben

Simpe
November 21st, 2020, 09:17
Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you the update that the bug in regards to removed effects not updating character sheet properly has been solved as well and will be committed (as well as the pintext-stuff you reported in a different forum, Andy).

The effect-thing was particularly worryingsome since it had been working previously. Apparently MW had done some changes in Symbaroum due to some issue with FGU, but I have now resolved that correctly and also tested it in FGU.

When doing this I noticed that there are quite a few visual errors in the FGU version due to all the changed functionality. I'm sorry to say that I will mostly look at functional issues rather than these graphical ones. Unfortunately it takes a lot of time to convert/tweak fonts and things like UI, and I think that it's more important that I support the functionality that you guys prefer.

Phantomwhale - in regards to the robust issue, please take a look at the original sourcebook if you have it and look at the monster trait. If your players are confused of the 1d4 vs the +2 damage, I've now modified that text to include both values.

Thanks,
Simon

phantomwhale
January 8th, 2021, 05:13
Last session, my players ran into Strong damaging creatures (e.g. where the damage becomes a temporary reduction of an attribute).

Here we hit issues such that I had to get all my players to stop updating their character sheets and do it all myself as the GM. And still, the issue kept happening in places!

The issue - no doubt somewhat related to my previous report that any updates to an attribute don't actually happen unless you click on another attribute value on the character sheet (which is still a very "surprising" interface, and some of my less technical players still can't get used to).

But in this case, my players were using mouse scroll wheels to apply "temporary damage" to their attributes - this changes them red (nice touch) and clearly the attribute field remember the underlying value.

But whenever they would apply temporary changes their end (-3 strong) it would start "echoing" - the change would get reapplied (another -3) every minute or two. Likely this was due to both the players and myself attempting to apply these changes. But whatever state we got into, one player's strong attribute kept going down to -6, -9 etc... until eventually I told everyone to close their character sheets, reset everyone's attributes to their actual values (by typing them into the attribute box, then clicking on another attribute to apply them) and eventually tracking the damage on scratch paper just to get through the fight.

Thankfully attribute damaging monsters aren't too common, but it was frustrating enough that I'd consider it too broken to use again in its current state.

Simpe
January 8th, 2021, 12:27
Last session, my players ran into Strong damaging creatures (e.g. where the damage becomes a temporary reduction of an attribute).

Here we hit issues such that I had to get all my players to stop updating their character sheets and do it all myself as the GM. And still, the issue kept happening in places!

The issue - no doubt somewhat related to my previous report that any updates to an attribute don't actually happen unless you click on another attribute value on the character sheet (which is still a very "surprising" interface, and some of my less technical players still can't get used to).

But in this case, my players were using mouse scroll wheels to apply "temporary damage" to their attributes - this changes them red (nice touch) and clearly the attribute field remember the underlying value.

But whenever they would apply temporary changes their end (-3 strong) it would start "echoing" - the change would get reapplied (another -3) every minute or two. Likely this was due to both the players and myself attempting to apply these changes. But whatever state we got into, one player's strong attribute kept going down to -6, -9 etc... until eventually I told everyone to close their character sheets, reset everyone's attributes to their actual values (by typing them into the attribute box, then clicking on another attribute to apply them) and eventually tracking the damage on scratch paper just to get through the fight.

Thankfully attribute damaging monsters aren't too common, but it was frustrating enough that I'd consider it too broken to use again in its current state.

Hi Phantomwhale,

This bug should have been fixed. What version are you seeing when you start your ruleset?

Thanks,
Simon

phantomwhale
January 9th, 2021, 20:17
It was version 1.15

vegaserik
February 28th, 2021, 01:28
Trying to put in the stuff from the Advanced Guide and I'm running into problems. The Races went in fine, but I'm having issues with Archetypes. So I made a copy of the Warrior, unlocked it, but still couldn't change or add anything other than the title. So I made a new Archetype and put in the text from the AG but can't highlight anything for bold or paragraph headers. So I tried out all the other text fields and found some are red, some can be highlighted etc ... Wouldn't it be easier to just have one text field there and let the user format? Also when I lock it, nothing changes and I can still type into the fields and it still has the editable look instead of the completed look.

The second part of this is how do I make the additional Example Archetypes? I see I can use the Traditions to do it and drop them in there, but only the Mystic's is in there, I'm not sure where the others are.

Thank you!

Simpe
March 1st, 2021, 10:26
Trying to put in the stuff from the Advanced Guide and I'm running into problems. The Races went in fine, but I'm having issues with Archetypes. So I made a copy of the Warrior, unlocked it, but still couldn't change or add anything other than the title. So I made a new Archetype and put in the text from the AG but can't highlight anything for bold or paragraph headers. So I tried out all the other text fields and found some are red, some can be highlighted etc ... Wouldn't it be easier to just have one text field there and let the user format? Also when I lock it, nothing changes and I can still type into the fields and it still has the editable look instead of the completed look.

The second part of this is how do I make the additional Example Archetypes? I see I can use the Traditions to do it and drop them in there, but only the Mystic's is in there, I'm not sure where the others are.

Thank you!

Hi Vegaserik! I'll look into making sure that the archetypes are properly editable. I think one of the reasons I made it multiple text fields was so that those can be used for different kind of references and to get better visual formatting.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean by the "Example Archetypes" question, but hopefully I'll have some time during this week to look into it. I've had a lot to do with none-fg projects and my FG-time has gone into Alien/Vaesen, but I should be able to take a look at this an evening!

Thanks,
Simon

vegaserik
March 1st, 2021, 16:16
The Example Archetypes are the ones listed for each main archetype - Berserker, Knight, Captain etc ... for Warrior. I can open those up and it'll give me the info I need, but where are they at if I'm going to make new ones? It doesn't seem to have a way to create a new one, there's no button on the right to open those. So if you open Knight it opens a new window. They're like subclasses in 5e in a way.

PlayGamesPaddy
May 26th, 2021, 19:12
I have made several campaigns and on all of them I have a problem with the image of Yndaros. It looks Like the actual image itself is not there. Also, if I move around the map of Yndaros or zoom in or out the pins on the map leave a trail.

Simpe
May 26th, 2021, 20:46
I have made several campaigns and on all of them I have a problem with the image of Yndaros. It looks Like the actual image itself is not there. Also, if I move around the map of Yndaros or zoom in or out the pins on the map leave a trail.

Hi Paddy!

This is most likely something that is caused by FGU, we will look into it as soon as we can. We are looking at Symbaroum as soon as we're done with the next big patch for ALIEN ruleset.

Thanks,
Simon

Joram Mistwalker
June 11th, 2021, 23:28
Hi. In the Sidebar options, there is a tab that is blank with no title. When you add it to the sidebar, it pulls up a list with no options in it. If you try to add an entry to it, it brings up an uneditable screen. I am using FGU.
I have added a screen shot. Was wondering what is supposed to be in there. I was going to try to use it for Subarchetypes, but nothing works. Thanks.

Valyar
June 12th, 2021, 06:15
Hi. In the Sidebar options, there is a tab that is blank with no title. When you add it to the sidebar, it pulls up a list with no options in it. If you try to add an entry to it, it brings up an uneditable screen. I am using FGU.
I have added a screen shot. Was wondering what is supposed to be in there. I was going to try to use it for Subarchetypes, but nothing works. Thanks.

This library is for pre-defined non-rollable tables. I see Armor table, but there were more if my memory serves me well. Will be looked after quite soon.

Joram Mistwalker
June 12th, 2021, 06:20
Thanks!

Simpe
June 13th, 2021, 08:05

Hi Joram, just like Valyar said this will be looked at soon. It is something that was caused by the change of not being allowed to have icons / our own button images anymore. So this error is a side-effect from changes made by SmiteWorks, not us. However, we're just done with our other work and we are starting to look at Symbaroum from now on. Expect changes!

Joram Mistwalker
June 18th, 2021, 06:48
Very good. Thank you! I am just now getting into this system both game-wise and FGU-wise, so looking forward to see what changes are coming up. I am working on getting all of the APG info built into a module for my own use, and that is only easy copy and paste, so can imagine how time consuming bigger changes can be.

Joram Mistwalker
June 20th, 2021, 18:00
Hi Joram, just like Valyar said this will be looked at soon. It is something that was caused by the change of not being allowed to have icons / our own button images anymore. So this error is a side-effect from changes made by SmiteWorks, not us. However, we're just done with our other work and we are starting to look at Symbaroum from now on. Expect changes!

I am not sure if it would help or not, but I have built a module that has all of the game data from the Advanced Player's Guide built in it. If a copy of it would help save data input time, you are welcome to it. There are no mechanics in it, but all of the data is there.

Joram Mistwalker
July 16th, 2021, 19:32
When looking at a PC on the Combat Tracker, the modifiers for their attributes nor their weapons/attacks are transferring over from their character sheet. It does this for the NPCs.

Valyar
July 16th, 2021, 19:42
When looking at a PC on the Combat Tracker, the modifiers for their attributes nor their weapons/attacks are transferring over from their character sheet. It does this for the NPCs.

Thanks for the report. This is fixed as part of our work for 2.0.

Joram Mistwalker
July 17th, 2021, 01:24
Very good. Thanks again!

claycart3r
July 22nd, 2021, 02:56
Ok. I am new to symboraum but I have been playing around with the ruleset in fantasy grounds unity v4.1.4 (2021-06-08). I have a character with adept Backstab which inflicts Bleeding Wound. I believe that should do 1d4 damage but fantasy grounds shows it as 1d8 and the damage is blocked by armor. I thought Bleeding Wound would ignore armor. The Chat Window says it says it will ignore armor but then goes ahead and allows the enemy armor to block the damage.

I believe you should be able to duplicate this by just adding adept Backstab to a Hero and applying Bleeding Wound to an enemy. On the enemy's turn, an automatic roll occurs for the bleeding wound. I was using the enemy Aboar with armor of 7 which completely blocks damage from Bleeding Wound.48350

FYI

Simpe
July 22nd, 2021, 06:31
Ok. I am new to symboraum but I have been playing around with the ruleset in fantasy grounds unity v4.1.4 (2021-06-08). I have a character with adept Backstab which inflicts Bleeding Wound. I believe that should do 1d4 damage but fantasy grounds shows it as 1d8 and the damage is blocked by armor. I thought Bleeding Wound would ignore armor. The Chat Window says it says it will ignore armor but then goes ahead and allows the enemy armor to block the damage.

I believe you should be able to duplicate this by just adding adept Backstab to a Hero and applying Bleeding Wound to an enemy. On the enemy's turn, an automatic roll occurs for the bleeding wound. I was using the enemy Aboar with armor of 7 which completely blocks damage from Bleeding Wound.48350

FYI

Hi! Thank you for the bug-report!

We're currently reworking a lot of the ability system and will definitely take a look at this bug while doing it. It might take a few weeks but once we're done this (and many other bugs) should be resolved!

Thank you!

Cheers,
Simon

claycart3r
July 22nd, 2021, 22:16
Thanks, Simon that's good to know. I am looking forward to when y'all are able to finish up your work and push it out to the users.

Joram Mistwalker
July 25th, 2021, 22:30
The description for the Power "Flame Wall" is incorrect. It is actually the description for "Entangling Vines". The material and the actions are correct, just the description is wrong.

Neiklot
June 15th, 2022, 13:55
every time I open the first tittle of any chapter in the corebook, it bug an image tittle, it's annoying, I already try unlink and link again the steam account synchronization, I also try relink the steam account and updating FU

Santyagoffg
June 25th, 2022, 22:29
every time I open the first tittle of any chapter in the corebook, it bug an image tittle, it's annoying, I already try unlink and link again the steam account synchronization, I also try relink the steam account and updating FU

I have the same problem. Moreover i have terribly lags during play. Todey I had few minuts delay between dice roll and result appering on chat.

Simpe
June 26th, 2022, 18:21
Hi,

Thanks for the bug reports! We will look into the weird issues in regards to the flipping of chapters in the core book. It seems like something has been updated to the core that must have caused these bugs.

When it comes to lags during play, that has nothing to do with the ruleset since it doesn't do anything even remotely complex enough to cause lag.

Thanks,
Simon

Santyagoffg
June 26th, 2022, 18:39
Hi,

Thanks for the bug reports! We will look into the weird issues in regards to the flipping of chapters in the core book. It seems like something has been updated to the core that must have caused these bugs.

When it comes to lags during play, that has nothing to do with the ruleset since it doesn't do anything even remotely complex enough to cause lag.

Thanks,
Simon

Understood, but other rulset function without any lags. Only Symbarorum has this problem

Valyar
June 26th, 2022, 20:39
Understood, but other rulset function without any lags. Only Symbarorum has this problem

Could you check if the lag is the same when you are connected to the local client over the local network? (i.e. connecting to localhost). Delays can be observed with players with slower connections, as sometimes messages are being exchanged from client to host and vice versa.

If you can pinpoint which kind of rolls are being delayed and under what circumstances, it will be good, as currently there is not much data to work with. also your campaign as .zip can help as well.

Egheal
January 12th, 2023, 14:32
There is no credit on the credits page of the core rulebook. Same for the factions chapter, thistle hold, Yndaros, karvosti campaign rules and adventures (I suspect that there is probably nothing to see, just redundant chapter tags).
Same things in the player's guide.
Some letters replaced by boxes in chronicles of the copper crown 55788 and in the story there is nothing under 000.000, 000.000.1, 000.000.2. And a lot of weird text boxes everywhere.
I got the lag too. For example when I open a player character sheet. The page appears totally black, then, after about 2 seconds the text appears, same when clicking inventory and notes.

I love the look and feel of this ruleset though, nicely done.

claedawg
January 27th, 2023, 06:11
I just purchased the Symbaroum Core Rules, Player Guide, Bestiary and Gamemaster books.

I am not getting the option to load the modules for the Bestiary or Gamemaster books.

I also get a ghost image that pops up when I click on the sub-chapters in the reference guides for the Core and Player modules.

Valyar
February 5th, 2023, 18:12
I just purchased the Symbaroum Core Rules, Player Guide, Bestiary and Gamemaster books.

I am not getting the option to load the modules for the Bestiary or Gamemaster books.

I also get a ghost image that pops up when I click on the sub-chapters in the reference guides for the Core and Player modules.

Sounds to me that you are trying to load the 5E modules in Symbaroum ruleset. This is not possible. You have to load the Ruins of Symbaroum in D&D 5e ruleset.

sirkerry
May 25th, 2023, 04:10
Getting a Script execution error: [string "5E:charwiard/scripts/data_charwizard.lua"]:646: attempt to index global 'aCasterClasses' (a nil value) when loading a brand new 5E campaign (CoreRPG ruleset dated is 2023-04-25 and 5E ruleset is dated 2023-05-17) and have the Symbaroum 5E Setting and Symbaroum 5E Theme extensions loaded.

Troubleshot it a bit and narrowed it down to the Symbaroum 5E Setting extension as the culprit causing the error (i.e. the error only occurs with this extension loaded).

Neiklot
July 15th, 2023, 22:49
Any chances of getting corrections for the tittles flips popping errors in the corebook ? .. still broken.

Moon Wizard
September 21st, 2023, 00:42
I've fixed all the modules to use the standard CoreRPG reference manual formats, instead of trying to do custom things for chapter intros and credits pages. This should fix the modules going forward.

Please run a new Check for Updates, and look at the latest version.

Regards,
JPG

Neiklot
September 21st, 2023, 02:14
Problem Fixed! the blue wizard has made his magic! :)

agoldsmi55
November 18th, 2023, 14:32
Overview
When one tries to drag the 'To Hit' or 'damage' for a weapon into the dice tray, an error is thrown

Note: Only recently returning to Symbaroum on FGU after a year or so , so no idea how long this has been an issue
(Very regular FGU user, but playing other rulesets for past year or more)

My machine
- Alienware Aurora PC (32GB Ram)
- Windows 11 64 bit

To reproduce
1) Open a character (doesn't matter if as GM or player, issue impacts both)
2) Left click and drag 'to hit' towards dice tray (see image)
3) Notice that the character sheet is dragged to left and an error thrown (see image)
"[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:266:bad argumment #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)

(Struggling to get the images to insert into report - hope you can see them, but have now type in error msg above as backup plan)

We can obviously work around for now and just double click, but would be good if this was addressed or at least didn't throw and error

Also note that for spells (say Brimstone cascade) one can *only* drag onto the character sheet, and double-clicks are ignored!

Moon Wizard
November 19th, 2023, 00:50
Just pushed a new hot fix that I believe should address the issue. Not my code, so guessing a bit on the intent.

Regards,
JPG

agoldsmi55
November 19th, 2023, 15:56
Just pushed a new hot fix that I believe should address the issue. Not my code, so guessing a bit on the intent.

Regards,
JPG

JPG,

Thanks so much for fixing this so quickly - works perfectly

Apologies for not being clearer in my report above, but grateful if you could also fix the 'damage' roll in the same way as you have the 'to hit'

Best Regards,
Andy

agoldsmi55
November 22nd, 2023, 08:46
Moon Wizard - just checking your saw my last message - grateful if you could fix the damage roll in same way as you did the ‘to hit’ roll. (Recognise you will not necessarily be able to sort it straight away - just wanted to check you had seen the message)

Best regards,
Andy

Moon Wizard
November 24th, 2023, 02:29
We have started a beta testing phase for changes coming in a few weeks across many rulesets, including Symbaroum. I have included the fix for PC draggable damage rolls into the beta test (see Laboratory forum for more details).

Regards,
JPG

agoldsmi55
November 24th, 2023, 08:02
We have started a beta testing phase for changes coming in a few weeks across many rulesets, including Symbaroum. I have included the fix for PC draggable damage rolls into the beta test (see Laboratory forum for more details).

Regards,
JPG

Excellent - many thanks.

Swissman65
March 18th, 2024, 11:46
Hello, while trying out "Ruins of Symbaroum (5e)" with the extension "Setting: D&D - Symbaroum" (which comes with the official books, it adds a corruption tracker and other stuff), I can't quite figure out if we can modify manually the corruption threshold.(or is this a bug?)
because for most of the classes it's charisma modifier + 2x proficiency modifier. it works well, except for the Mystic class which is (proficiency bonus + spellcasting ability modifier) × 2 .
it instead keeps the base "charisma modifier + 2x proficiency modifier" and I can't manually adjust the number...

(tested while using only the "Setting: D&D - Symbaroum" extension)

agoldsmi55
March 19th, 2024, 23:07
Overview
When my players select their characters in Symbaroum (original, not the DnD version) they receive the following error message twice
"ERROR: Could not find ability node shortcut id:" (this may be unrelated to what follows)

We were then playing (4 players) and a few minutes of play into the game, everyone's dice rolls seemed to start rolling with advantage (odd!)
I then looked on combat tracker under effects, and noticed that if I looked at effects under each PC or NPC in the combat tracker, they all
had a blank entry *but* on right hand side, two diamonds which if mouse over read "Attacks vs target is advantaged"

Even more odd, open and close the Effects for someone in CT and sometimes message then swaps to "Character is elevated (for ranged advantage)"
(No characters are elevated - I checked by using ALT and mouse wheel.

My machine / License
- Alienware Aurora PC (32GB Ram)
- Windows 11 64 bit
- FGU Ultimate / v4.5.2
- Using a home made implementation of Wrath of the Warden
- Using Syrinscape functionality (for what it is worth)
- No extensions loaded
- COnfirm all players on same version (no warnings when they connected)

To reproduce
1) Start host
2) Player connects to game (no errors so far)
3) Player selects their character
4) Error message appears twice "ERROR: Could not find ability node shortcut id:"
5) Throw an NPC onto CT (Blight boar used, because why not :-)
6) Notice all in CT seem to have 2 diamonds talking about having advantage
7) PC targets Blight boar and attacks
8) First few attacks ok, then advantage rolls started

Potentially unrelated, but during same test, one of players rolled a dice and it took 2 mins to aware for them in 'dice tray'!!
(they logged out and reconnected, and no problem)

.... So all is not well in Davokar
To be honest, hard to exactly reproduce the rolls appearing with advantage (although steps 1-6 always repeatable), but didn't know if the initial error messages and the 'advantage' messages in CT might help

Moon Wizard
March 21st, 2024, 18:52
I've sent an e-mail to the Symbaroum DLC developers with a link to your post.

Regards,
JPG

agoldsmi55
March 21st, 2024, 21:58
Moon Wizard,

Many thanks

Best Regards,
Andy