View Full Version : Official Conan 2d20 Bug Reports Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

ShotGun Jolly
June 3rd, 2021, 05:47
Sent!

Thank you!

vegaserik
June 3rd, 2021, 05:59
I just tried and get the same error Shotgun got when adding npc's to a map.

Taxiarchis
June 3rd, 2021, 06:57
I get the same error too. Some more bugs to look at:
-the names of the NPCs are not displayed above their tokens at all (either as tooltip or title/title hover),which makes life really difficult when you have a large battle to run
-If i add any of the preset lights (cfx button) to any NPC populating the CT, the light is not visible at all.
-The "Squad" button does not work at FGU. I can not add any NPC to a squad, and even if i create each NPC in a squad manually, his stats are not connected to the respective token

Moon Wizard
June 3rd, 2021, 21:31
I just pushed a new build which should remove the NPC combat tracker -> map token error.

Regards,
JPG

spire
June 3rd, 2021, 22:13
The latest version of the ruleset is making all module-defined NPCs read-only when drag-and-drop is used to fill in a character sheet, regardless of whether the module or its contents were flagged to be read-only.

The NPCs in modules I've made myself, which have always been editable within the campaign that's using them, have become resistant to drag-and-drop, meaning you cannot easy copy abilities from one NPC to another if they're from a module. You can delete Doom Spends or Attacks, etc, and you can manually type in new abilities--it only appears to be the drag-and-drop that is broken).

To test, start a Conan Ruleset Campaign and import any editable module with NPCs. Open any two NPC records from that module using the sidebar and unlock them. Drag an Attack or Doom Spend or Special Ability from one to other's sheet. Expected behavior: the a replica of the dragged item appears on the target sheet. Actual behavior: an Uncategorized "New Personality" blank NPC record is created with the dragged item and nothing else; the intended target sheet is unchanged.

Taxiarchis
June 3rd, 2021, 22:21
I just pushed a new build which should remove the NPC combat tracker -> map token error.

Regards,
JPG

Works like a charm!! Thanks :):):) A strange thing i noticed: After the update, when i try to move tokens on a map by dragging them around, there is a 4-5 second delay until they move. This only happens in maps with a lot Line of Sight and Lighting elements.

ShotGun Jolly
June 3rd, 2021, 23:44

Regards,
JPG

Thanks for taking the time to fix this Moon Wizard! Smiteworks for the WIN!

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2021, 03:08
@Taxiarchis,

The performance of token movement on maps is impacted greatly by the number of tokens on the map and by the number and configuration of line-of-sight points on a map; and other factors in more minor ways. If there is a specific map that is in official content that has this issue, please let us know where to look. Otherwise, we would need a copy of the campaign folder zipped up to investigate any performance items.

Also, make sure that your graphics driver is not overriding the application defined frame rate; which is an option in NVidia/Radeon drivers.

Regards,
JPG

Taxiarchis
June 4th, 2021, 19:42
@Taxiarchis,

The performance of token movement on maps is impacted greatly by the number of tokens on the map and by the number and configuration of line-of-sight points on a map; and other factors in more minor ways. If there is a specific map that is in official content that has this issue, please let us know where to look. Otherwise, we would need a copy of the campaign folder zipped up to investigate any performance items.

Also, make sure that your graphics driver is not overriding the application defined frame rate; which is an option in NVidia/Radeon drivers.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks again:) I will check out the drivers and if this is not the issue i will send you copy of my the campaign folder as soon as possible!

spire
June 8th, 2021, 21:16
The latest version of the ruleset is making all module-defined NPCs read-only when drag-and-drop is used to fill in a character sheet, regardless of whether the module or its contents were flagged to be read-only.

The NPCs in modules I've made myself, which have always been editable within the campaign that's using them, have become resistant to drag-and-drop, meaning you cannot easy copy abilities from one NPC to another if they're from a module. You can delete Doom Spends or Attacks, etc, and you can manually type in new abilities--it only appears to be the drag-and-drop that is broken).

To test, start a Conan Ruleset Campaign and import any editable module with NPCs. Open any two NPC records from that module using the sidebar and unlock them. Drag an Attack or Doom Spend or Special Ability from one to other's sheet. Expected behavior: the a replica of the dragged item appears on the target sheet. Actual behavior: an Uncategorized "New Personality" blank NPC record is created with the dragged item and nothing else; the intended target sheet is unchanged.

Has anyone else experienced this bug?

Taxiarchis
June 8th, 2021, 21:30

I just checked, this bug also happens to me! It happens when i open Conan Ruleset NPC records ( i don't have any NPC modules). A temporary solution i found: if i create a copy of each NPC record that i want to use, then the bug stops and i can drag any Attack or Doom spend as expected.

statik37
June 8th, 2021, 21:41

If you are trying to say take an ability from one NPC in the rulebook, as an example and place it onto another from the rulebook, Then it will not let you do that. You will need to create a different copy of the NPC by dragging and dropping it into the NPC window. Then you can make all those changes.

spire
June 8th, 2021, 22:53
If you are trying to say take an ability from one NPC in the rulebook, as an example and place it onto another from the rulebook, Then it will not let you do that. You will need to create a different copy of the NPC by dragging and dropping it into the NPC window. Then you can make all those changes.

Yes, but it also happens with modules I've created with NPCs made from scratch. I have a whole set of soldiers, for example, each with different tiers of abilities based on their experience -- these were all made using a completely blank NPC record and exported as part of a home-brew module, which I then import into a Conan Ruleset campaign. I do not activate the Conan reference material, nor do I load any other content from the Ruleset. Even then, I cannot do the thing I described with my own custom NPCs' abilities and other NPCs, also created from scratch.

Trenloe
June 9th, 2021, 04:18
Yes, but it also happens with modules I've created with NPCs made from scratch. I have a whole set of soldiers, for example, each with different tiers of abilities based on their experience -- these were all made using a completely blank NPC record and exported as part of a home-brew module, which I then import into a Conan Ruleset campaign. I do not activate the Conan reference material, nor do I load any other content from the Ruleset. Even then, I cannot do the thing I described with my own custom NPCs' abilities and other NPCs, also created from scratch.
Yeah, it's weird.

I've done a test - I exported 4 NPCs into a module. Then loaded that module up in a new campaign.

I open two NPCs, unlock one and try to drag an ability from one NPC to the unlocked one. What I notice happens is that a new record <New Personality> is created in the NPCS data list, and when I open that it contains the ability I tried to drop on the unlocked NPC. With this <New Personality> open, I try to drag abilities to the originally unlocked NPC and it gets added to the <New Personality>.

It looks like the onDrop code is using the database reference of the module NPC without the @module reference. For example - the target I try to add a special ability to is npc.id-00004@Conan NPC test - "Conan NPC test" is the module name. But when I add a special ability to that NPC it is added to npc.id-00004 in the campaign - if that NPC doesn't already exist, a <New Personality> record is created.

@statik37 - look at the onDrop code and make sure that it uses the whole database path for the target.

spire
June 19th, 2021, 01:44
I know it's a minor thing, but any chance that the devs have had a moment to confirm this bug and can they recommend a work-around or give an estimate on the fix? Again, I get that I'm just one random dude, but it ****s me up virtually every week, so I find myself highly motivated to continue asking.

ShotGun Jolly
June 24th, 2021, 06:48
“I think the real reason so many youngsters are clamoring for freedom of some vague sort, is because of unrest and dissatisfaction with present conditions; I don't believe this machine age gives full satisfaction in a spiritual way, if the term may be allowed. ”
― Robert E. Howard

Jolly

Valyar
June 24th, 2021, 07:31
I think it is time to renew the community ruleset initiative...

statik37
June 24th, 2021, 12:54
I know it's a minor thing, but any chance that the devs have had a moment to confirm this bug and can they recommend a work-around or give an estimate on the fix? Again, I get that I'm just one random dude, but it ****s me up virtually every week, so I find myself highly motivated to continue asking.

So looking into this, the NPC's should have been set to read only. So we will be setting it to that. Then, you will need to duplicate the NPC to make changes.

spire
June 24th, 2021, 15:24
So looking into this, the NPC's should have been set to read only. So we will be setting it to that. Then, you will need to duplicate the NPC to make changes.

So you're saying that the way it's behaving right now, where it locks down my own NPCs from my own modules with no copyrighted material, is how it is intended to work?

That is a very bad design decision, if that's what you're saying. This makes it difficult for people to use your product the way that they use every other FGU product, and there's no licensure-related reason to add that complication to your user's lives.

spire
June 24th, 2021, 15:31

It seems weird to me to say that they "should have been set to read only" ... I exported the module and specifically did not check the "Read Only" toggle. Why would the publisher's rules regarding their own corebook have any relevance in this situation? This has nothing to do with copyright protection.

Trenloe
June 24th, 2021, 15:44
Did you investigate the information I presented in post #264 above? As mentioned by @spire this is an issue with user created modules, and will also be an issue with adventure modules (which should not have records set to read-only, as per the SmiteWorks development best practices).

spire
June 24th, 2021, 16:04
^^^^

Yes, exactly! Thank you, Trenloe.

spire
June 30th, 2021, 15:35
Yeah, it's weird.

I've done a test - I exported 4 NPCs into a module. Then loaded that module up in a new campaign.

I open two NPCs, unlock one and try to drag an ability from one NPC to the unlocked one. What I notice happens is that a new record <New Personality> is created in the NPCS data list, and when I open that it contains the ability I tried to drop on the unlocked NPC. With this <New Personality> open, I try to drag abilities to the originally unlocked NPC and it gets added to the <New Personality>.

It looks like the onDrop code is using the database reference of the module NPC without the @module reference. For example - the target I try to add a special ability to is npc.id-00004@Conan NPC test - "Conan NPC test" is the module name. But when I add a special ability to that NPC it is added to npc.id-00004 in the campaign - if that NPC doesn't already exist, a <New Personality> record is created.

@statik37 - look at the onDrop code and make sure that it uses the whole database path for the target.

Just putting this into a quote so the devs can see it ... this bug still exists and still makes it harder to be a GM.

statik37
June 30th, 2021, 18:38
It seems weird to me to say that they "should have been set to read only" ... I exported the module and specifically did not check the "Read Only" toggle. Why would the publisher's rules regarding their own corebook have any relevance in this situation? This has nothing to do with copyright protection.

Oh, so this happens with one of your custom modules. I think I misunderstood that. No, that is not how it should be working. I apologize.

spire
June 30th, 2021, 19:12
Oh, so this happens with one of your custom modules. I think I misunderstood that. No, that is not how it should be working. I apologize.

That is correct. Thank you, sir. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Moon Wizard
July 1st, 2021, 05:16
@spire, @Trenloe,

This appears to be an issue within the FGU client itself. The Conan ruleset uses a window list "acceptdrop" tag in their code that is not used in the built-in rulesets; so this issue has apparently been outstanding on FGU for over a year.

Thanks for the heads up. The fix will be in the next release. Unfortunately, the next release is wrapped up in a couple big refactors that will need some more internal and beta testing; so it may be a few weeks before it is addressed. Beta testing will be in the Test channel when it becomes available, and announced in the Laboratory forum.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
July 1st, 2021, 09:04
This appears to be an issue within the FGU client itself. The Conan ruleset uses a window list "acceptdrop" tag in their code that is not used in the built-in rulesets; so this issue has apparently been outstanding on FGU for over a year.

Thanks for the heads up. The fix will be in the next release. Unfortunately, the next release is wrapped up in a couple big refactors that will need some more internal and beta testing; so it may be a few weeks before it is addressed. Beta testing will be in the Test channel when it becomes available, and announced in the Laboratory forum.
Thanks for looking into this.

spire
July 1st, 2021, 15:42
@spire, @Trenloe,

Regards,
JPG

Very cool. Good lookin' out, Moon Wizard.

spire
July 1st, 2021, 15:50
@spire, @Trenloe,

Regards,
JPG

As you are bug-shooting and FWIW: This issue definitely did not exist prior to the mid-June-or-thereabouts Conan ruleset update. (I can attest to that as a GM who created a huge number of custom NPCs for my home-brew module by dragging and dropping abilities and attacks from Master/Template NPCs onto specific instantiations of NPC characters.) I have no special knowledge of what was included in the update, but if the Conan Ruleset was using acceptdrop prior to that, it wasn't causing problems for one reason or another.

iolarion
July 23rd, 2021, 16:02
Hello.

Is Nerdeye still active?
Will The Conan ruleset be updated for FGU?

Yesterday I posted the same questions in Nerdeye forums, but the post has been removed. There will be any news. The Conan ruleset is the most expensive I have purchased. It woud be a shame that it would be abandoned by the developer.

Thank you

ProfDogg
July 23rd, 2021, 17:26
Hello.

Is Nerdeye still active?

Yesterday I posted the same questions in Nerdeye forums, but the post has been removed. There will be any news. The Conan ruleset is the most expensive I have purchased. It woud be a shame that it would be abandoned by the developer.

Thank you

I just checked. It seemed fine in FGU from just some quick reviews... What issue are you having?

iolarion
July 23rd, 2021, 18:32
Groups in the combat tracker cannot be created by dragging and dropping npcs on an exixting character, doing it creates a new npc in the combat tracker not one inside the exisiting npc.
Npc's vigor and resolve cannot be managed using ctrl and mouse wheel or typing.

New modules were hinted but nothing released until now ( i know this is not an issue, but it seems that the ruleset has been abandoned).

Regards.

kessler25
July 23rd, 2021, 22:33
Yes, the group function is fubar. I have a mile-long CT myself. I eventually got lazy and told the players one minion token counted as two minions and used the mob rules. I also have to unlock the NPCs to change their vigor/ resolve or do it on the CT, which makes sense in context. As for new content, looking at Nerd Eye's forum I think Conan is effectively dead as they appear busy on Star Trek Adventures, Dune, and a bunch of other properties. They say STA is done (which is good it's been a year) so maybe that will free up some time to start converting the plethora of Conan sourcebooks? Or not. I get the vibe they're just a few chaps with busy day jobs and the VTT stuff is a side project so... not mad, just saying.

vegaserik
July 24th, 2021, 00:25
Yes, the group function is fubar. I have a mile-long CT myself. I eventually got lazy and told the players one minion token counted as two minions and used the mob rules. I also have to unlock the NPCs to change their vigor/ resolve or do it on the CT, which makes sense in context. As for new content, looking at Nerd Eye's forum I think Conan is effectively dead as they appear busy on Star Trek Adventures, Dune, and a bunch of other properties. They say STA is done (which is good it's been a year) so maybe that will free up some time to start converting the plethora of Conan sourcebooks? Or not. I get the vibe they're just a few chaps with busy day jobs and the VTT stuff is a side project so... not mad, just saying.

I get that impression too, but they should not take on more and more projects without effectively finishing. I've put in almost everything myself from the sourcebooks as I don't think we'll ever see any of it.

Musaab
July 24th, 2021, 10:39
They definitely seem to be taking on more than they can handle as far as projects. They have stopped their "weekly updates" and there is basically no communication.

Valyar
July 25th, 2021, 10:12
And only Conan 2d20 is released and not updated.

ShotGun Jolly
August 2nd, 2021, 11:15
“Time and times are but cogwheels, unmatched, grinding on oblivious to one another. Occasionally – oh, very rarely! – the cogs fit; the pieces of the plot snap together momentarily and give men faint glimpses beyond the veil of this everyday blindness we call reality.” ― Robert E. Howard, Bran Mak Morn: The Last King

Sunspoticus
August 2nd, 2021, 15:04
Hello.

Is Nerdeye still active?

Thank you

Yes. We have an update coming next week in fact. Also working several new modules. Its far from abandoned.

Valyar
August 2nd, 2021, 15:12
Yes. We have an update coming next week in fact. Also working several new modules. Its far from abandoned.
It will be great if the team is more verbose in future... Really helps in the long run. ;)
Looking forward to the update.

iolarion
August 2nd, 2021, 19:36
Great news, Thank you

Mu77ley
August 11th, 2021, 01:14

Did this get delayed?

ProfDogg
August 11th, 2021, 01:23
Did this get delayed?

Apparently a lot was delayed this week. I've been waiting on some store releases that were scheduled but didn't happen as well...

Sunspoticus
August 11th, 2021, 03:54
Found an issue that required some additional work and ran outta runway for the week. It WILL get posted to Smiteworks on Friday however.

ProfDogg
August 11th, 2021, 11:37
Found an issue that required some additional work and ran outta runway for the week. It WILL get posted to Smiteworks on Friday however.

Even if you folks had been able to get it in, Smiteworks may not have been ale to get it out. There were some other developers that turned in some material for some other systems that didn't get posted this week (or last). But I did notice that the storefront got a new look (although it's kind of clunky, doesn't fit my screen resolutions very well so it takes me forever to scroll through the store now). I suspect that Smiteworks is running into a funnel effect right now with too much going on.

superteddy57
August 11th, 2021, 16:01
Even if you folks had been able to get it in, Smiteworks may not have been ale to get it out. There were some other developers that turned in some material for some other systems that didn't get posted this week (or last). But I did notice that the storefront got a new look (although it's kind of clunky, doesn't fit my screen resolutions very well so it takes me forever to scroll through the store now). I suspect that Smiteworks is running into a funnel effect right now with too much going on.

Our process in pushing updates is not impeded by our other projects as they are performed by different persons. To provide some background on the weekly updates, updates are to be posted by the developer by the friday before the weekly update. If that deadline is not met, it is setup for the next weekly update. If an update is not posted, the developer can reach out to our product coordinator for information on why the update was not part of the weekly update.

ProfDogg
August 11th, 2021, 16:32
Our process in pushing updates is not impeded by our other projects as they are performed by different persons. To provide some background on the weekly updates, updates are to be posted by the developer by the friday before the weekly update. If that deadline is not met, it is setup for the next weekly update. If an update is not posted, the developer can reach out to our product coordinator for information on why the update was not part of the weekly update.

No worries, superteddy57... This community is (or at least can be with some exceptions) pretty patient. You folks have a lot of irons in the fire nowadays. I expect delays especially considering the state of the world right now (and am always pleasantly surprised sometimes with how the whole community on the development side can produce so much wonderous products).

Valyar
August 11th, 2021, 17:19
Again... sigh...

superteddy57
August 11th, 2021, 17:59
No worries, superteddy57... This community is (or at least can be with some exceptions) pretty patient. You folks have a lot of irons in the fire nowadays. I expect delays especially considering the state of the world right now (and am always pleasantly surprised sometimes with how the whole community on the development side can produce so much wonderous products).

No worries, just wanted to be sure the process was clear. Delays can happen and we are happy to try and facilitate.

iolarion
August 12th, 2021, 16:59
So, no update that week. I am preparing Waves stained crimson but it will be in Foundry.

Sorry but too much waiting for me.

ShotGun Jolly
August 13th, 2021, 08:46
“Conan stood paralyzed in the disruption of the faculties which demoralizes anyone who is confronted by an impossible negation of sanity.”
― Robert E. Howard, Conan of Cimmeria

spire
September 2nd, 2021, 00:53
Are there ever any kind of patch notes or release notes for this ruleset?

Trenloe
September 2nd, 2021, 00:57
Are there ever any kind of patch notes or release notes for this ruleset?
Update notes are in the City Hall update threads, if there are any updates.

Go to the City Hall sub-forum and use the "Search Forum" option in the top right - search for threads with conan and you should get results for updates to the Conan ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?37-City-Hall

vegaserik
September 2nd, 2021, 01:58
The ruleset probably hasnt had any specific updates separate to those that Moon Wizard does as part of something else he is working on.
There isnt any active development of new features on this ruleset.

Nerd Eye isn't doing this one anymore?

damned
September 2nd, 2021, 02:43
Doh!
Im sorry - i thought I was in a Castles & Crusades thread.
Ignore me!

vegaserik
September 2nd, 2021, 03:58
Doh!
Im sorry - i thought I was in a Castles & Crusades thread.
Ignore me!

hahaha No Problem!

Mu77ley
November 15th, 2021, 12:13
Are we ever going to see a fix for not being able to drag/drop NPCs into a group on the combat tracker? It just adds the new NPC to the tracker instead of the group, and the published workaround for FG Classic does not work on FG Unity.

Sunspoticus
November 15th, 2021, 19:43
Its on our list for the next sprint (the next work period)

iolarion
January 14th, 2022, 20:12
Its on our list for the next sprint (the next work period)

Hello, will there be any update soon? The possiblity of drag and drop NPC's into a group in the combat tracker would be great.
What about aditional content? Adventures, source books?

Thank you

TrentLane
January 15th, 2022, 17:55
Hello, will there be any update soon? The possiblity of drag and drop NPC's into a group in the combat tracker would be great.

Thank you

Speaking from experience with this Dev: No :)
I'll never touch anything developed by Nerdeye again. No communication, broken products that never get fixed. It'd be easier to just code your own, better ruleset

Mu77ley
January 15th, 2022, 19:08
Speaking from experience with this Dev: No :)
I'll never touch anything developed by Nerdeye again. No communication, broken products that never get fixed. It'd be easier to just code your own, better ruleset

For exactly that reason I've had to switch to running my Conan games on Foundry, and started contributing to the open source ruleset on there....

goodmanje
January 18th, 2022, 00:27
I think they're also doing the Star Trek ruleset. Set phasers to suck......

Sunspoticus
January 19th, 2022, 06:45

Thank you

yes, we have that work pending some testing and should be released soon.

Thanks.

Haerilis
April 9th, 2022, 17:40
Hello, we just got this ruleset and encountering a few issues, i am not sure if there's bug or missing something... I cannot change the max resolve on the character sheet, my autocalculated number is 11 but then i want to add jaded feat , it doesnt add one more resolve and i cant manually change that neither as player nor DM.
Then the bonus damage, to change at character creation step 10, on the sheet stays at 0, no way to manually change it either.
Thanks

Trenloe
April 9th, 2022, 18:13
I cannot change the max resolve on the character sheet, my autocalculated number is 11 but then i want to add jaded feat , it doesnt add one more resolve and i cant manually change that neither as player nor DM.
Then the bonus damage, to change at character creation step 10, on the sheet stays at 0, no way to manually change it either.
For both of these hover over the number field hold down the CTRL key and use your mouse-wheel to apply a bubble modifier to the number. This is a pretty standard way of changing number fields in Fantasy Grounds - information in the Basic Guide portion of the FG Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640055/Basic+Actions#Number-Fields

Although it looks like the bonus damage is a bity screwy as the bubble modifier doesn't apply properly to the bonus damage - definitely a bug.

vegaserik
April 9th, 2022, 21:22
Hello, we just got this ruleset and encountering a few issues, i am not sure if there's bug or missing something... I cannot change the max resolve on the character sheet, my autocalculated number is 11 but then i want to add jaded feat , it doesnt add one more resolve and i cant manually change that neither as player nor DM.
Thanks

Just put one in the BON box, it should make the Resolve Max go up by what you put in the box. The Bonus Damage looks bugged, I can't seem to get it back to normal now.

iolarion
April 10th, 2022, 09:40
There is a bug with the NPC resolve space, the word RESOLVE overlaps the right square where the rating is recorded.
I attach an image.

Dukehart
April 11th, 2022, 19:51
Thanks
Thank you for purchasing Conan! This is a new bug that's cropped up due to a recent update and we will be looking into it this week.

Haerilis
April 12th, 2022, 16:47
For both of these hover over the number field hold down the CTRL key and use your mouse-wheel to apply a bubble modifier to the number. This is a pretty standard way of changing number fields in Fantasy Grounds - information in the Basic Guide portion of the FG Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640055/Basic+Actions#Number-Fields

Although it looks like the bonus damage is a bity screwy as the bubble modifier doesn't apply properly to the bonus damage - definitely a bug.

I did the CTRL+ mousewheel to change the bonus dice and it quickly went over 300 dices, created so much lag i cannot even do anything anymore and the server....Only way i can find to fix this is evenutally destroying the character sheet.

iolarion
June 25th, 2022, 09:46
There is a bug with the NPC resolve space, the word RESOLVE overlaps the right square where the rating is recorded.
I attach an image.

Hello, am I the only one having this bug?

Santyagoffg
June 25th, 2022, 10:42
I have the same problem

iolarion
June 25th, 2022, 11:24
I have the same problem

Thank ypu for your response, this is really annoying, since January no response from the developers, and no maintenance of the ruleset is done.

kessler25
June 25th, 2022, 21:34
Hello! Apologize in advance for the Debbie Downer news. Maintenance of the Conan 2d20 ruleset is... a thing. The company that made it, Nerd Eye Industries, is MIA on this and an STA ruleset. As they're responsible for them through a deal with Modiphius, Smiteworks/ Fantasy Grounds can't do a thing about either ruleset, unfortunately. There are whisperings that since Smiteworks has worked with Modiphius directly on Fallout and Dune, maybe (and that's a big maybe) they can see what's going on with Conan and STA and bring them into the fold. Maybe. Otherwise, we're kinda on our own with what we've got.

Moon Wizard
June 26th, 2022, 01:13
superteddy57 or I will take a look, and see if we can fix the label position in the beta Test for rulesets currently going. (i.e. updates to many rulesets are locked right now as we go through the beta testing of the upcoming changes.)

Regards,
JPG

vegaserik
June 27th, 2022, 14:49
Hello! Apologize in advance for the Debbie Downer news. Maintenance of the Conan 2d20 ruleset is... a thing. The company that made it, Nerd Eye Industries, is MIA on this and an STA ruleset. As they're responsible for them through a deal with Modiphius, Smiteworks/ Fantasy Grounds can't do a thing about either ruleset, unfortunately. There are whisperings that since Smiteworks has worked with Modiphius directly on Fallout and Dune, maybe (and that's a big maybe) they can see what's going on with Conan and STA and bring them into the fold. Maybe. Otherwise, we're kinda on our own with what we've got.

There was a Facebook post by one of the guys working on Star Trek that said they had bounced to Foundry, so maybe that's good news for Conan as well. Hopefully a dev who will give this set the love it deserves will come along :)

Moon Wizard
June 27th, 2022, 18:56
I just pushed an update to the beta Test channel with a rebuild version of NPC sheet that supports resizing, as well as fixing a few layout issues (like the one mentioned). Target release for beta test version is mid-July.

Regards,
JPG

ShotGun Jolly
June 30th, 2022, 12:23
There was a Facebook post by one of the guys working on Star Trek that said they had bounced to Foundry, so maybe that's good news for Conan as well. Hopefully a dev who will give this set the love it deserves will come along :)

It would have to be some good ruleset, cause the fan made versions over there are superior in everyway..

vegaserik
June 30th, 2022, 16:38
It would have to be some good ruleset, cause the fan made versions over there are superior in everyway..

I don't know where their ruleset was lacking, I watched the videos on Gamer's Table and it looked like it was functioning pretty well. But we shall see what happens here. This was a pretty quick fix, just waiting for a core update from what I understand.

Valyar
July 2nd, 2022, 17:01
In addition to the tons of bugs and issues reported so far, there are two issues that made my group to prefer Foundry instead of FG. I hope someone can pick this up.

Attributes cannot be reduced below 6. Automation enforces minimum value, which is not supporting rules as Shadows of the Past that allows lower scores.
Bonus damage are screwed up completely - not only cannot be assigned or calculated properly, but the temporary boost via ctrl+mouse increase or decrease it insanely. Cannot be reduced and I have to edit the db.xml.

Screenshot is attached.

superteddy57
July 3rd, 2022, 02:36
Thanks I will take a look and see whats going on. Might be awhile due to the holiday.

Valyar
July 13th, 2022, 08:34
The problem with the bonus damage and temporary increase via ctrl + mouse scroll is still not OK. My players refused to use FGU and we moved to foundry. Now I have to convert the work done, @#$!$5 :(

Moon Wizard
July 13th, 2022, 19:59
Just pushed a hot fix for the Combat temporary bonuses not working with the mouse wheel.

Regards,
JPG

Valyar
July 13th, 2022, 21:16
Just pushed a hot fix for the Combat temporary bonuses not working with the mouse wheel.

Regards,
JPG

Many thanks!!!!!!!

iolarion
October 29th, 2022, 19:32
Hello

When clicking the button to see the npc sheet in the combat tracker I have the following error message:

10/29/2022 8:28:57 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Conan:campaign/scripts/npc_header.lua"]:26: attempt to index global 'senses' (a nil value)
[10/29/2022 8:28:57 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Conan:campaign/scripts/npc_header.lua"]:26: attempt to index global 'senses' (a nil value)
[10/29/2022 8:28:57 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Conan:campaign/scripts/npc_header.lua"]:26: attempt to index global 'senses' (a nil value)
[10/29/2022 8:28:57 PM] [ERROR] window: Control (social) anchoring to an undefined control (senses) in windowclass (npc_header)
[10/29/2022 8:28:57 PM] [ERROR] window: Control (social) anchoring to an undefined control (senses) in windowclass (npc_header)

Will it be fixed?

Moon Wizard
October 29th, 2022, 22:49
Thanks for reporting. It looks like a poor interaction with the original design of the ruleset with recent CoreRPG changes.

I pushed a very quick fix that should remove the issue from any new NPCs added to combat tracker, but won't fix existing ones.

Please run a new Check for Updates, remove the old NPCs from the combat tracker, and re-add the encounter/NPCs. Let us know if you're still seeing any issues.

Regards,
JPG

iolarion
October 30th, 2022, 08:40
Fixed.

Thank you very much.

ProfDogg
December 5th, 2022, 15:59
Playing around and I noticed the Jeweled Target Number icon in the lower-left hand corner is now adding a mod to rolls rather than using the number as a target number. For example, I rolled a TN of 11 with 5d20 and instead of comparing the results of each die to 11 it added 11 to the total of 5d20. I can do the math myself but it's nice to have the results automated. Can someone change it back?

superteddy57
December 5th, 2022, 16:14
I attempted a test of this by putting 10 into the red jewel and then rolling from the character sheet acrobatics and was not adding it as a modifier and showing 10 as the target for the roll. Can you provide exact steps to try and replicate this?

ProfDogg
December 5th, 2022, 17:34
Loaded a 10 into the jewel. Then selected 5d20 from the 20-sided die. Results = 55342 . That is how I handle NPC attacks (where you have to add the stat to the Expertise category for your TN). I then loaded a 10 into the jewel and rolled an Acrobatics check off a PC sheet. TN should have been 11 based on the stats but it instead added 10 to the TN to make the new target number 21. Results = 55343 . I'd never done that off a PC sheet before though bc it usually just auto-calculates it (i.e. in this case the 11) and you don't add mods to PC rolls in general so I don't know what it did before.

superteddy57
December 5th, 2022, 17:47
I'm not seeing any changes to the code since November and it doesn't appear those changes are related to your report. I might need to find a separate solution and will pass this along to Moon for ideas.

ProfDogg
December 5th, 2022, 17:51
I'm not seeing any changes to the code since November and it doesn't appear those changes are related to your report. I might need to find a separate solution and will pass this along to Moon for ideas.

Thanks, superteddy... Really hoping this ruleset stays maintained especially in light of the IP change from Modiphius. I'd taken a break from playing/running Conan but I'll be back at it again...

vegaserik
December 5th, 2022, 19:27
Loaded a 10 into the jewel. Then selected 5d20 from the 20-sided die. Results = 55342 . That is how I handle NPC attacks (where you have to add the stat to the Expertise category for your TN). I then loaded a 10 into the jewel and rolled an Acrobatics check off a PC sheet. TN should have been 11 based on the stats but it instead added 10 to the TN to make the new target number 21. Results = 55343 . I'd never done that off a PC sheet before though bc it usually just auto-calculates it (i.e. in this case the 11) and you don't add mods to PC rolls in general so I don't know what it did before.

It's cause you're rolling the dice, you don't do that in Conan. You drag the jewel onto the chat window to roll. To add dice you click on the green dice under the jewel. If you roll from the dice it's going to work like the modifier box that it replaced.

ProfDogg
December 5th, 2022, 20:20
It's cause you're rolling the dice, you don't do that in Conan. You drag the jewel onto the chat window to roll. To add dice you click on the green dice under the jewel. If you roll from the dice it's going to work like the modifier box that it replaced.

Thank you! I had forgotten that's how that feature worked... Much obliged...

vegaserik
December 6th, 2022, 19:12
Thank you! I had forgotten that's how that feature worked... Much obliged...

You're welcome! It's not the most intuitive way of doing things. I really wished they had a chance to redo the ruleset but that looks very unlikely at this point.

ShotGun Jolly
January 19th, 2023, 02:21
Like some of the subtle changes in the Ruleset!

I might just start running Conan again!

ProfDogg
January 19th, 2023, 12:14
Like some of the subtle changes in the Ruleset!

I might just start running Conan again!

What changed?

jetpilot
February 7th, 2023, 23:17
I'm really interested in purchasing the Conan 2D20 ruleset for FGU. With the IP change, will the ruleset continue to be updated? Are there enough bug fixes in its current state to make the ruleset useable? I guess what I'm asking is, is it even worth it?

ProfDogg
February 7th, 2023, 23:21
IMHO yes... If it remains stable... Developers have already stated they'll maintain it (at least so much as any IP-abandoned set could be updated). But the ruleset itself is a solid table as of today... Not as much automation as the other 2d20 rulesets but I actually prefer that for Conan... I imagine they won't be able to sell it once the IP transfers though so yeah you're in a crunch as far as time goes...

jetpilot
February 7th, 2023, 23:24
Awesome, ProfDogg, good enough for me. Thanks for the quick reply.

Moon Wizard
February 8th, 2023, 01:56
Also, remember that we have a 30-day return policy for anything purchased through the main FG store.

Regards,
JPG

iolarion
February 24th, 2023, 18:57
Hello with the last update, players cannot see the number of doom and momentum remaining, also, when modifying the number of damage dices in the bonus dice section of the character sheet, the bonification is not showed on the upper right corner

I attach an image, the character has brawn 9, so +1 bonus melee damage dice, when I modify bonus dices to 2 is not showed in the upper right corner.56361

Regards

Moon Wizard
February 24th, 2023, 19:30
Thanks for reporting. It's on our list to resolve soon.

Regards,
JPG

ProfDogg
February 24th, 2023, 20:15
Hello with the last update, players cannot see the number of doom and momentum remaining, also, when modifying the number of damage dices in the bonus dice section of the character sheet, the bonificación is not showed on the upper right corner

I attach an image, the character has brawn, so +1 bonus melee damage dice, when I modify bonus dices to 2 is not showed in the upper right corner.56361

Regards

Just confirmed the invisible doom and momentum btw... I've got a paid game tonight but I'll work around it with a running public Note...

ProfDogg
February 24th, 2023, 20:53
Other weirdness now: If you create a Group in the Images folder, you can now no longer delete it from the Edit option (you can however rename it): 56363

superteddy57
February 24th, 2023, 21:05
Thank you for the reports. We will look into it.

Moon Wizard
February 24th, 2023, 22:41
I've pushed a hot fix for the category deletion issue. We're still looking at the Conan-specific items.

Regards,
JPG

ProfDogg
February 24th, 2023, 23:58
I've pushed a hot fix for the category deletion issue. We're still looking at the Conan-specific items.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks Moon Wizard!

ProfDogg
February 27th, 2023, 01:06
I found a separate issue, probably existed before the updates but I'm not sure... I was modifying a creature by giving it a template. I was attempting to assign an 11 Damage attack but the Damage field will only go to 10. Can we have that raised? I've personally generated more damage than that as a player (albeit after heavy modifiers and good roles) but there should be some NPCs that have that built in (such as the monstrosity I just built). 56437

Moon Wizard
February 27th, 2023, 09:38
Thanks for the reports, @superteddy57 and I looked at these and made some updates to adjust a few things.

* Fixed Momentum and Doom chit display on player client.
* Removed PC maximums on Combat Dice, Damage, Vigor, Resolve, Wounds, Trauma.
* Removed NPC maximums on Combat Dice, Damage.
* Fixed Damage Bonus temporary modifiers to show temporary modifier bubbles and persist between sessions.

Other than the Momentum/Doom issue, these were all issues previously with this ruleset prior to this update.

Please run a new Check for Updates to get the latest version.

Regards,
JPG

ProfDogg
February 27th, 2023, 10:29
Thanks for the reports, @superteddy57 and I looked at these and made some updates to adjust a few things.

* Fixed Momentum and Doom chit display on player client.
* Removed PC maximums on Combat Dice, Damage, Vigor, Resolve, Wounds, Trauma.
* Removed NPC maximums on Combat Dice, Damage.
* Fixed Damage Bonus temporary modifiers to show temporary modifier bubbles and persist between sessions.

Other than the Momentum/Doom issue, these were all issues previously with this ruleset prior to this update.

Please run a new Check for Updates to get the latest version.

Regards,
JPG

Thank you both... Much, much obliged...

iolarion
February 27th, 2023, 17:20
Great, thank you very much.

Regards.

Moon Wizard
February 28th, 2023, 00:54
Pushed another update to re-enable item parcel and quest records for Conan ruleset, just in case you find them useful like we do in other rulesets.

Regards,
JPG

iolarion
February 28th, 2023, 17:35
Hello thank you very much for your work.

There is another thing that would be great if could be fixed, In the first version on the ruleset, before FGU, when we need to create a mob or squad in the combat tracker you could just drag and drop a npc inside another npc line with the mob section open and the new npc appeared inside the mob section the first npc. In FGU this feature stopped working and when you drag and drop a new npc inside an already existing one, the new npc is created as an individual one.

It would be really nice if you could fix it. I attach an image. 56498

I am not native English, sorry if I am not explaining it well.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

superteddy57
February 28th, 2023, 17:55
Thanks for the report, we will add it to our list to investigate.

ProfDogg
February 28th, 2023, 20:29
Hello thank you very much for your work.

There is another thing that would be great if could be fixed, In the first version on the ruleset, before FGU, when we need to create a mob or squad in the combat tracker you could just drag and drop a npc inside another npc line with the mob section open and the new npc appeared inside the mob section the first npc. In FGU this feature stopped working and when you drag and drop a new npc inside an already existing one, the new npc is created as an individual one.

It would be really nice if you could fix it. I attach an image. 56498

I am not native English, sorry if I am not explaining it well.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

That is actually a very good description of the error... it's never worked the way it was supposed to, or at least not for long...

superteddy57
March 1st, 2023, 14:01
Pushed a hotfix to address the mob frame in the combat tracker.

iolarion
March 1st, 2023, 17:13
Thank you very very much, nice job

Kind regards

superteddy57
March 1st, 2023, 17:33
There might be some hiccups with the auto numbering, but should do fine in other aspects. The other caveat is that the whole group is either visible or not. No in between for certain members.

iolarion
March 1st, 2023, 17:37
Regarding the visibility, what I usually do is to use just one token for the whole group, and manage the dead members of the group in the combat tracker, so no problems with that.

Thank you again, this is an important feature for some 2D20 games.

Regards

superteddy57
March 1st, 2023, 17:38
Wasn't sure cause I could see it done both ways, but at least it's available.

ProfDogg
March 1st, 2023, 17:48
There might be some hiccups with the auto numbering, but should do fine in other aspects. The other caveat is that the whole group is either visible or not. No in between for certain members.

This is beautiful...

FYI for anyone doing it for the first time --- The auto-numbering is weirdly applied (sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't, not certain of the logic for it). If you pull the sub-critter down from the CT, it creates a duplicate in the "underling" field so you have to delete the old one. If you pull it from the "Foes" directly into the "underling" field, it does not duplicate.

This is perfect though... It's exactly as intended and is as good as it was under FG Classic when Nerdeye first set it up... Thank you Superteddy...

iolarion
March 17th, 2023, 19:49
Hello I think there is a problem with the character sheets, the name and agility boxes overlap the picture.

I attach an image.

Regards.

ShotGun Jolly
September 7th, 2023, 03:31
Is it just me, but the ability to drag the jewel to the chat box to roll for an NPC no longer works?

Maybe somethings changed.. but I can not figure out how to roll for an NPC again :(

vegaserik
September 7th, 2023, 07:30
Is it just me, but the ability to drag the jewel to the chat box to roll for an NPC no longer works?

Maybe somethings changed.. but I can not figure out how to roll for an NPC again :(

I can't get it to work anymore either.

superteddy57
September 7th, 2023, 12:45
Can you relay the process that was supposed to be to do a roll? I just need a breakdown on the original steps to ensure I can see where it breaks down.

ProfDogg
September 7th, 2023, 12:49
Can you relay the process that was supposed to be to do a roll? I just need a breakdown on the original steps to ensure I can see where it breaks down.

Input your Target Number in the gem. Drag the gem to the chatbox (or double-click?). Should roll an appropriate number of d20s as selected by the row of d20s.

vegaserik
September 7th, 2023, 12:54

From the NPC sheet, you click on Attribute, then the Expertise you want. It adds these numbers to the gem. Then drag and drop the gem into the chat window and it was supposed to roll the dice. Now it just drags the text and number into the chat window.

superteddy57
September 7th, 2023, 12:57
Appreciate both responses. Huge help. I'll have a look and try to find a solution for this issue.

superteddy57
September 7th, 2023, 19:50
Pushed a hotfix to resolve the latest report.

kessler25
September 8th, 2023, 03:09
Thanks! Works now!

ShotGun Jolly
September 16th, 2023, 02:55
As always, super teddy for the win! Thank you my friend!

superteddy57
September 16th, 2023, 19:47
My pleasure!