PDA

View Full Version : Allow players into game without playing

OGvarus
April 23rd, 2020, 15:35
My question is: is there a way to allow my players to log into the campaign to fiddle around with things (tinker with their character sheet, add entries to calendar, make notes for themselves, etc) when I am not logged in?

I know one solution is to just open campaign and leave it running for them the log in to. However, I wasn't sure if there was a better or alternative method.

Trenloe
April 23rd, 2020, 15:41
I know one solution is to just open campaign and leave it running for them the log in to.
That's the only way. All of the campaign data is stored on your computer locally. So you need to have your campaign up and running to allow the players to access the data.

OGvarus
April 23rd, 2020, 18:20
OK thank you for the response, much appreciated! Gosh this community is awesome :D

DK1138
April 24th, 2020, 02:11
I'm going to offer my players half an hour before actual play starts the chance to log in and do this if they choose to, that way they aren't using up the time the rest of the group is gathered together and it is still at roughly the same time so organising is easier. My two cents anyway!

Valatar
April 24th, 2020, 06:15
I have an Intel NUC (a tiny computer) running on my network that I use to host game servers and Fantasy Grounds; when I run a FG game I just remote desktop into the NUC and control it from there. Since the computer's running 24/7 anyhow, I just leave FG running as well so players can log in whenever and don't have to ask me to fire it up any time they want to make a change on a character sheet or whatever.