PDA

View Full Version : Tangram riddle

Honean
April 23rd, 2020, 13:04
Hi everyone!

I bought an adventure from DMS guild and want to run it in fantasy grounds with my group. Unfortunatly it was not predesigned for FGU (as the previous adventure was).

My problem now: There is a tangram riddle which is really cool but I dont know how to put it into the game.

I tried 2 Options but both of them did not work:
1) I put them as pictures, but then my players (and me as well) cannot move them anymore after I lock them
2) I put them as Token, but there I have some troubles with size and rotation.

Is there any solution for that?

Thx
Honean

PS: here a description to tangram
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangram

damned
April 23rd, 2020, 13:16
I dont think there is a way to do this in FG.

Kelrugem
April 23rd, 2020, 13:59
Hi everyone!

I bought an adventure from DMS guild and want to run it in fantasy grounds with my group. Unfortunatly it was not predesigned for FGU (as the previous adventure was).

My problem now: There is a tangram riddle which is really cool but I dont know how to put it into the game.

I tried 2 Options but both of them did not work:
1) I put them as pictures, but then my players (and me as well) cannot move them anymore after I lock them
2) I put them as Token, but there I have some troubles with size and rotation.

Is there any solution for that?

Thx
Honean

PS: here a description to tangram
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangram

Normally you can change the size and rotation of tokens using the mouse wheel and ctrl+wheel :) But I read here and there that this seems not to work for everyon in FGU at the moment. When it is indeed an issue in FGU at the moment, then I would wait for a fix maybe :) I think you can do this with tokens in general :) (but I am not sure whether you can change the sizes in such a way that it fits for this riddle)

Honean
April 23rd, 2020, 17:24
Normally you can change the size and rotation of tokens using the mouse wheel and ctrl+wheel :) But I read here and there that this seems not to work for everyon in FGU at the moment. When it is indeed an issue in FGU at the moment, then I would wait for a fix maybe :) I think you can do this with tokens in general :) (but I am not sure whether you can change the sizes in such a way that it fits for this riddle)

GENIUS!!!

Thank you, that was the hint I needed :)

I made the backgroundpicture real big and the tokens accordingly, so that the movement looks smoother.

Great tool

Kelrugem
April 23rd, 2020, 17:50
GENIUS!!!

Thank you, that was the hint I needed :)

I made the backgroundpicture real big and the tokens accordingly, so that the movement looks smoother.

Great tool

when you press alt (or was it shift or ctrl?) you can also move and rotate in much smaller increments :) Play around with the hotkeys a bit, there are some hidden features :)

Honean
April 23rd, 2020, 17:54
Again thank you.

You saved my DM a** :)

Kelrugem
April 23rd, 2020, 17:59
Again thank you.

You saved my DM a** :)

You're welcome :)