PDA

View Full Version : [newb] FG Ultimate Upgrade: Issue with Savage Worlds Ruleset DLC, it looks empty

Awesome Possum
April 23rd, 2020, 07:47
Hello!

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and to this forum.
I'm not sure about the etiquette here but at least, I've searched this forum for a while to see if someone was having the same issue.

I'm really eager to play SWADE online and resume my tabletop games.

After trying out Roll20 and not being convinced, to say the least, I just acquired FG on Steam with 3 DLC: Ultimate Upgrade, Savage Worlds Ruleset and Savage Worlds Adventure Deck. And I've linked my FG account to my Steam account.

My issue: when I create a Savage Worlds campaign, most ruleset icons (table, characters, images, items, etc.) open empty windows.

Here's what I do:

I launch FG via its Steam shortcut.
I'm being offered to choose between "Fantasy Grounds" and "Fantasy Grounds - Ultimate Upgrade" (two different product codes).
I choose "Fantasy Grounds - Ultimate Upgrade" then clic on Play.
"Create New Campaign"
I name my campaign and select "SavageWorlds" in the "Select ruleset" list.
I notice that my connection test fails.
I clic on "Start"
I clic on different ruleset icons and realize that their windows are empty.

I've joined two images to help.

What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Thank you in advance,

AP

Trenloe
April 23rd, 2020, 08:35
Welcome to the FG forums!

You need to activate the library modules to see the data.

See "using the library and activating modules" at the bottom of the basic guides list in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/688291/Basic+Guides

Ikael
April 23rd, 2020, 10:56
I believe you have purchased SavageWorlds Deluxe Edition (SWD) which is older version of the rules.

That purchase comes with SWD ruleset and rulebook modules. In addition it contains SWADE ruleset but not SWADE rulebook modules.

If you wanted to have SWADE, there is Savage Worlds Adventure Edition item in the store.

Regarding Adventure Deck, that products contains both SWD and SWADE decks, but you can only use rulebook specific deck.

Awesome Possum
April 23rd, 2020, 19:29
Thank you so much Trenloe and Ikael, immortal entities, for the prompt and useful answer! You just brighten my confinement!

I'll describe how I managed to make it work so it might help someone else.

What happened is that I wasn't expecting that the SWADE ruleset would not be included in the 200CAN$+ package I bought on Steam.

Even the Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset v3.4.1 was not available/visible, surely because I was creating a "SavageWorlds" (SWADE) campaign and not a "SWD" (Deluxe) campaign.

So as suggested, I bought the SWADE edition on the FG website and updated my modules in settings.

Easy peasy and now it works!

Thanks again.

FG is not always user friendly but this kind of support makes a big difference.

Stay safe!

AP