PDA

View Full Version : LFG, DM looking for group to play in Forgotten Realms semi-homebrew

LordClaus
April 23rd, 2020, 04:14
System: Fantasy Grounds Unity. Players need to have standard or ultimate license for the time being.

Game System: 5e

Time Zone: GMT -5

Day of week and time: TBD, whatever is best for everybody, once a week for 4 to 6 hours.

Planned Duration & Frequency: weekly

Term: till?

Text or Voice: voice

Discord Name: Thallos#1184

Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Recorded for GM only, for info purposes and notes.

Roleplay & Combat mix: It is what it is and it can’t be anything else.

Number of Players needed for game: Min: 4 Max: 7

Character starting level & equipment: Lvl 1

Character restrictions: Discuss during Character creation – One on One session for each PC.

Details of the scenario:
Attack: Fumble/crit tables…..ON
CT: Auto Death rolls….ON
Roll Initiative each rd: ON
Damage: massive system shock: ON

Session 0: Pre-campaign orientation and Characters rollplay into a group.
Campaign Details: Forgotten Realms, Homebrew and Printed Adventures, I run a sandbox you choose as you go.

Books I have on FG to build Characters with are as follows:

DMG, PHB, SCAG, XGtE, WDH.

Physical books I have for adventures and reference material:
DMG, PHB, MM, SCAG, XGtE, DotMM,ToA, WDH, TftYP, VGtM

Would like to get a game going by 05/01/2020.

My DM’ing experience: Have been running D&D campaigns since 1980 and love to DM and play, I keep up with the times and am not a dog that can’t run a modern style D&D campaign.
My DM’ing style: I run gritty arse open world (sandbox) campaigns; actions have consequences, the more drastic the action the more drastic the Consequences….good or bad. Capable of quick improvisation.
I don’t hold punches, I don’t fudge dice rolls in any favor, if a first level group decides to go against a coven of hags… so be it….shortly they’ll be in a cage then a stew, those that don’t may end up with a case of Stockholm syndrome.
Diseases exist, and just like in real life each needs a particular type of cure. If it’s just an antibiotic type disease (like in real life)then the basic cure disease will take care of it. If it’s a resistant type of disease then the party may have to go on a special quest to find a special component, some components are very rare or highly expensive.
Magic exist but is uncommon.

I have filled my game at the moment. The good people I select for my games usually know how to communicate and let me know when things happen and they can't make it. I am making a list for a second campaign once I get the first group under way and the players solidify their position in the game. I apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to starting the second campaign 3 to 4 weeks after current one has started.

Pneamonic
April 23rd, 2020, 08:30
New to 5e but played pathfinder before, if you're okay with a semi-noob I'd like to play.

italk2geese
April 23rd, 2020, 08:40
I'd be interested for sure

Darkrite
April 23rd, 2020, 13:45
Hello, I'd be very interested in joining this group. I have FGU: Ultimate License. (first hurdle out of the way)

I work 3rd shift, so early afternoons would be best time to play for me. (figured I'd get this out of the way now as it keeps me from joining most groups.)

I've been playing D&D for about 30 years now. Fairly new to Fantasy Grounds though.

You can reach me here or on Discord: Darkrite#2013

Thanks for your consideration.

MooGaff
April 23rd, 2020, 14:20
I'd be interested.
My 5e experience is only about 1/week for 3 months. (But played 10 years of AD&D 30 years ago)
Demo only.
Flexible for timing.

Let me know if you need more info please.

xjamesxwalton
April 23rd, 2020, 17:33
I am interested. Have FGU ultimate license and my experience with it has been as a DM only and recently.
Have been playing DnD for about 15 years now. Have most source material on DNDBeyond and willing to share, and have all source books for FGU
timing is flexible outside of normal M-F 9-5 PST hours

PM me here or discord is xJamesx#8955

LordClaus
April 23rd, 2020, 18:44
I sent a Discord friend request, user ID Thallos#1184, please accept so we can chat.

Regards,

OldJarhead
April 23rd, 2020, 21:38
Well met,
I would be greatly interested depending on what the play time would be. I too have FGU ultimate, but have only been playing around in it to get used to things. The Forgotten Realms is my favorite setting and I recently had to drop from a game that I was really enjoying due to real life issues.

Hope to hear back from you.

GhostPhoenix
April 23rd, 2020, 23:20
Would love to join if there is room :)

LordClaus
April 24th, 2020, 19:01
No problems with FNG's but have filled game. Please read my edit as I will start another a few weeks after we start the current game.
Regards,
Claus

RayGravin
May 1st, 2020, 13:41
I'd be willing to pickup a standard license for the right group. I'm working on a Tabaxi Monk character but would be willing to build something else if needed.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57237-quot-Monster-Hunter-For-Hire!-quot

LordClaus
May 1st, 2020, 21:01
Let's talk on discord to see if we are compatible,trying to shoot for Sunday evenings. Tabaxi Monk is fine but must be rolled on my server. My discord ID is Thallos#1184, Want to start this Sunday so getting a character done before then so we don't disturb game.
Regards,