PDA

View Full Version : LFP Need 2 Players Sat Night 8PM EST USA Savage Worlds (SWADE)

Savage Riggs
April 23rd, 2020, 02:34
Our Saturday night Savage Worlds group has recently decided to take a break from our long-running regular game (a homebrew Firefly-esque post-apocalyptic setting using the SWADE rules) while we adjust to changes in real-world circumstances. We’ve lost one member to scheduling alterations, so after taking a few weeks to playtest our house rules we thought this might also be a good opportunity to bring in one or two new people. After making sure everyone gels well together, we plan to switch gears again in a month or two…but right now, here are the particulars for our short-term game.

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Savage Worlds (SWADE)
Time Zone: So far, everyone is on Eastern or Pacific Time (see below)
Day of week and time: Saturdays at 8 p.m. EST (or 5 p.m. PST)
If new game, planned start date: Almost new. Characters have just earned 1 Advance.
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3.5 hours weekly
Term: Short-term campaign (one or two months) for now, followed by a different, long-term sci-fi campaign afterwards

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: An even mix of roleplay, combat, and problem-solving (emphasis varying by session).
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 4 players, would like 2 more
Character starting level & equipment: New or 1 Advance
Character restrictions: Humans only, start with 15 skill points and a bonus Arcane Background or Arcane Resistance Edge. Specific details are laid out in an 8-page setting handout. Here's a snapshot of the whole thing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uPhyt2tMsVvrzw2KaEDhL4OhbtSrb0JC/view?usp=sharing

Details of your scenario: Modern-day urban fantasy. Primary influences include Dresden Files, Monster Hunters International, Big Trouble in Little China, and Highlander. Expect mysteries and story details to unfold over time, and the choices you make to have a significant impact on other characters and the world around you.

This one-page excerpt from the setting handout introduces the world in more detail:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bGyi8omUpwKJqGAAtK_AVV32bBqBsZKj/view?usp=sharing

It doesn’t matter how much experience you have as a player as long as you’re a good fit for the group. We are happy to welcome players who are new to Savage Worlds and/or Fantasy Grounds and show you the ropes. Here are some of the traits we’re looking for in a new player:

* Mature
* Dependable
* Fun to play with
* Roleplaying chops
* Good team player attitude

If you’re interested, please tell us a little about yourself, feel free to ask any questions you may have, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Dreadfell
April 25th, 2020, 09:53
Thank you so much, I have applied.

Savage Riggs
April 25th, 2020, 10:48
You're very welcome, Dreadfell. I'm about to hit the sack here but if you'd like to shoot me a PM with your email, Discord ID, and a little info on your preferred play style and level of experience with Savage Worlds, I'll send you an invite to our server as soon as I get the chance and we can discuss getting you started. Thanks for applying, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Cinsur75
May 1st, 2020, 02:30
Do you know what the ole pork chop express says on a night like this? Count me in new to FG but Dresden files...Big Trouble in Little China... and Highlander count me in for sure!

I love playing magic-users or shifters honestly anything in an "urban" fantasy setting is fair game for me.

I am a child of the 80's I have been playing RPG's since 1982. I currently run a starfinder campaign on another platform. I love Urban Fantasy and Cyberpunk/Shadowrun.

Savage Riggs
May 1st, 2020, 05:41
Welcome to the dog-eat-dog ranks of those fighting for a place in the Urban Legends campaign, Cinsur75!

I tease, I kid. It ain't dog-eat-dog.

Or is it??? Maybe, maybe not. Just remember, it’s all in the reflexes.

Also, my players insist I include a very specific Public Service Announcement in this thread. I told them it would just confuse people, but they don’t care. So you know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this? Ol’ Jack says…what the hell.

So here’s that “helpful” PSA.

Warning: We have a Tim.

That is all. So while us chosen few march into the fiery pits of the Eleventh Hell of Darkness and Fury, the rest of you people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president.

Krakoa919
May 1st, 2020, 06:27
Hi,

I'm totally interested and hope there is space left.
I've mostly played D&D and pathfinder but recently I have been wanting to branch out of these staples and try something new. I'm fairly familiar with FantasyGrounds but never used the Savage Worlds system.

Savage Riggs
May 1st, 2020, 22:46
Well, to be honest, the Hell of Boiling Oil is threatening to overflow with the extra bodies at this point...but we'll see how the dog-eat-dog thing goes. We may be able to fit you in. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for your interest!

Paxx
May 2nd, 2020, 02:18
Damn, I haven't even clicked on one of your links yet and I want in. I know one thing, stakes don't kill vampires - High Explosive Rounds do and a lot of them.!.! Let me fill out one of those apps.
Big trouble I have on VHS. Dresden Files - I have 3 of that series in paperback.

Savage Riggs
May 2nd, 2020, 03:12
Thanks for your interest Paxx. I like your attitude! Placement on the waiting list is more likely right now than an immediate spot, but we'll see how things shake out. I'll send you the Discord info, and if you don't mind a "maybe" as an answer for now, we can discuss possibilities.