PDA

View Full Version : Critical Hit Table - Questions

sadwargamer
April 22nd, 2020, 14:54
Background:
When a crit is rolled it comes up with error message - no critical hit table, so after a bit of digging and not being able to find the default fumble and critical mod I created a Table called Critical hit and entered a number of descriptions, now when a crit is rolled it outputs to chat the description - which is great. But I now want to take it further. COuld someone please help and point me in right direction re teh below questions please :

1. Is there a way to determine if the crit was done by say melee weapon or ranged weapon and then roll on the correct critical hit table?
2. Is there a way to pass effects and duration of effects to the target such as Damage, penalties to Attack roll, death!, etc based on the result of the roll on the crit table?

Many thanks.

celestian
April 22nd, 2020, 17:23
Background:
When a crit is rolled it comes up with error message - no critical hit table, so after a bit of digging and not being able to find the default fumble and critical mod I created a Table called Critical hit and entered a number of descriptions, now when a crit is rolled it outputs to chat the description - which is great. But I now want to take it further. COuld someone please help and point me in right direction re teh below questions please :

1. Is there a way to determine if the crit was done by say melee weapon or ranged weapon and then roll on the correct critical hit table?
2. Is there a way to pass effects and duration of effects to the target such as Damage, penalties to Attack roll, death!, etc based on the result of the roll on the crit table?

Many thanks.

The "Fumble/Crit Tables" option in the campaign settings will simply roll on the table ("Fumble" or "Critical Hit") if it exists when a fumble/crit occurs. Beyond that there is no enhanced feature set such as knowing if it's ranged/etc.

sadwargamer
April 22nd, 2020, 17:27
Thanks - I Guess I can output two short entries one each for Melee and ranged weapons.

So, no way to say apply a -2 attack modifier for 1d4 rounds to target of crit?

celestian
April 22nd, 2020, 17:52
Thanks - I Guess I can output two short entries one each for Melee and ranged weapons.

So, no way to say apply a -2 attack modifier for 1d4 rounds to target of crit?

Not in an automated fashion no. The tables will only display the results generated.

If you want to do something like that you might want to create a custom list of Effects (shield button, top right) and apply them manually. Tho, that location doesn't allow for "random" duration.

sadwargamer
April 22nd, 2020, 18:00
Thanks Celestian - I will have a play with the effects.