PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed Attack

rodney418
April 22nd, 2020, 12:19
Can we have an Unarmed Attack listed as by default in every new character sheet under the Combat tab? It's the kind of thing that comes up often (especially in pulp games) and AFAIK there's no way to drag & drop this from anywhere else in the ruleset, you have to manually create it on each character and NPC.

qdwag
April 22nd, 2020, 13:28
You could drag the unarmed Effect onto the characters.

rodney418
April 22nd, 2020, 13:54
I could, but that's not an attack, that's a modifier to defence, so it wouldn't help much :-)

qdwag
April 22nd, 2020, 14:00
Ah okay. As I understand the rules, an unarmed Attack, damage is just the Strength die.

So what you could do is get your player to put this in the chat:

/dmg d6 (if the strength of the attacker is d6)

Then drag that roll from the chat, to the Combat Tracker. You could put a shortcut into the macros if you have to do this often.

rodney418
April 22nd, 2020, 14:04
Yes, of course I could do all that every time. But if it already existed by default I wouldn't have to. That's my point.

qdwag
April 22nd, 2020, 14:05
ah right. Fair enough.

rodney418
April 22nd, 2020, 14:26
I've gotten around it so far by creating a new Melee Weapon Item called Unarmed Attack and dragging that from the Items list to the character sheet. But considering that unless you are creating a character with no arms and legs (which is highly unlikely I assume) every character can perform Unarmed Attacks, it definitely should be created in the character sheet by default.

qdwag
April 22nd, 2020, 14:50
That's a good idea too. I might steal that one from you.

For the weapon features, what would you insert for keywords to just derive the Strength die of the character?

rodney418
April 22nd, 2020, 15:31
Just type Str in the Damage box, then it works automatically.

If you want to get really specific, also add the following fake Items for characters with the various unarmed combat Edges:

Melee Weapon called Brawl that has Str+d4 damage
Melee Weapon called Martial Artist that has Str+d4+1 damage
Melee Weapon called Martial Warrior that has Str+d6+2 damage

Come to think of it, we should have those built into the ruleset too.

qdwag
April 22nd, 2020, 15:32
Thanks for that, and I agree :D.

Skellan
April 22nd, 2020, 18:37
I think this a good idea as I usually end up having to make an unarmed attack on the combat tab. I think Ikael has a link to make suggestions on his signature, it would be worth adding

rodney418
April 22nd, 2020, 18:49
Good thinking. I have added it here if you want to upvote it.

https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/savagefgii?ia=133302

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2020, 19:03
Good thinking. I have added it here if you want to upvote it.

https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/savagefgii?ia=133302
I'd recommend you vote for it as well!