PDA

View Full Version : Will the basic D&D Gazetter world Mystara be available on fantasy-grounds Unity soon?

El Riki
April 21st, 2020, 19:37
My favorite D&D world to roleplay in, is the Basic D&D Mystara World(Gazetteer).
In my opinion it is the most complete world, with 1 Gazetter/ country and a lot of adventure ideas in the campaign material.
The adventures could be better, but with a more complete background stories of the world/ countries/intrigues and stats of a lot major players makes it easier to make my own campaigns as well.

Anyone who has a an idea of if/when they will make Mystara material available or if that is a dead alley?

celestian
April 21st, 2020, 19:54
My favorite D&D world to roleplay in, is the Basic D&D Mystara World(Gazetteer).
In my opinion it is the most complete world, with 1 Gazetter/ country and a lot of adventure ideas in the campaign material.
The adventures could be better, but with a more complete background stories of the world/ countries/intrigues and stats of a lot major players makes it easier to make my own campaigns as well.

Anyone who has a an idea of if/when they will make Mystara material available or if that is a dead alley?

I do not think WoTC has given approval for the Mystara setting. For the most part, any setting released for 5E is a viable conversion project for the AD&D ruleset if someone is willing to do it.

esmdev
April 21st, 2020, 19:55
So far there hasn't been any setting releases for D&D Classic. I'm not sure if that is a Wizards thing or if is just nobody has gotten around to it. Maybe someone with more information will jump in.

celestian
April 21st, 2020, 20:12
So far there hasn't been any setting releases for D&D Classic. I'm not sure if that is a Wizards thing or if is just nobody has gotten around to it. Maybe someone with more information will jump in.

There are several settings that CAN be converted based on my last conversion with Smiteworks on the topic. I know that Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Maztica Al-Qadim and Kara-tur are available for conversion if someone wants to do them. I'm still waiting for Greyhawk myself and if it's ever approved and no one picks them up to convert I'll do it.

I think FR would be a great setting but I just do not have the time to do it myself.

esmdev
April 21st, 2020, 21:17
I was not aware of that. Good to hear. I'd be more interested in Greyhawk, Birthright or Dark Sun of the 2E settings. Oh, and Spelljammer.

El Riki
April 21st, 2020, 23:22
I do not think WoTC has given approval for the Mystara setting. For the most part, any setting released for 5E is a viable conversion project for the AD&D ruleset if someone is willing to do it.

Thanks, I'm just trying to check if its worth investing in. I'm not sure if they released the Mystara setting for the 5e. I have to check on that, I have used the Basic D&D setting for all my campaigns.
But maybe its worth it to convert it if they tha Mystara setting in 5e.

El Riki
April 21st, 2020, 23:22

Thanks

El Riki
April 21st, 2020, 23:25
There are several settings that CAN be converted based on my last conversion with Smiteworks on the topic. I know that Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Maztica Al-Qadim and Kara-tur are available for conversion if someone wants to do them. I'm still waiting for Greyhawk myself and if it's ever approved and no one picks them up to convert I'll do it.

I think FR would be a great setting but I just do not have the time to do it myself.

Yeah, FR is pretty good as well. Thats another option, I like setting where they really have taken the time to work on the whole world, it makes the gaming so much better.

esmdev
April 21st, 2020, 23:54
Well definitely Mystara fits that criteria, they didn't just do the world they also did the inside too.

El Riki
April 22nd, 2020, 03:12
Well definitely Mystara fits that criteria, they didn't just do the world they also did the inside too.

Yeah, that's right. They did the inside of the world too, he Hollow World boxed Set.

xKrisx
April 25th, 2020, 15:48
Wish we could get Dark Sun/SpellJammer. Both are fun settings, Planescape too!