PDA

View Full Version : FGU Newbie - Spell Slots

Aiddar
April 21st, 2020, 18:55
Hi there.

Recent convert to FGU (never used a virtual TT before!). For spells such as Cure Wounds that can be cast in higher slots and do more healing/damage, is there a simple way to set this up, or is it a matter of creating a new effect for every level version of that (and other!) spells?

Apologies if this is in the Wiki somewhere, but not been able to find it yet!

Cheers

Paul

Zacchaeus
April 21st, 2020, 18:58
When you cast anything at a higher spell slot, click and hold over the heal/damage and drag then right click to add more dice before dropping onto the target. Or if you really want to you can add a number of extra lines into each spell that you can cast at a higher level. I know ehich method I prefer :)

Aiddar
April 21st, 2020, 18:59
Ignore the above - fund a way to do it - copy the spell, then amend the level to L2 and change the effects!

LordEntrails
April 21st, 2020, 19:00
I have players do it one of two ways. Either;
1) create another effect under the Cure Wounds with the higher level healing dice. or
2) before rolling the healing dice, roll the additional dice (just by picking them up, right clicking to get desired number of dice) and dropping in chat, then drag the results to the modifier box. Then roll the healing dice from the character sheet.

Works the same for upcasting other spells. Most of my players use method 2, but some like method 1.

Aiddar
April 21st, 2020, 19:09
I have created an entry as a L2 spell using the method I set up above, which has some advantages but.... I much prefer the simplicity of the click-drag-right-click solution that people outlined above!!

Thank you

Dax Doomslayer
April 23rd, 2020, 19:03
This is brilliant! I didn't realize this. I was always adding lines for each upcasted level. Thanks Zacchaeus!!