PDA

View Full Version : 4E - Add Item Description (which also allows images)

valeros
April 21st, 2020, 16:44
Extension adds a formattedtext description field to the bottom of a magic item record in 4E. This also allows images to be added to the item in the new description field.

kevininrussia
April 21st, 2020, 17:29
Works great!

When I share the weapon with a player, the image I attached does not send with the item. So when the player gets the weapon, he cant open the weapon image. I must share the image separate. Is it possible to attach an image to the weapon and when sending to a player it also sends the image?

Looking forward to it working on armor and other.
Thank you!

valeros
April 21st, 2020, 17:40
Should work with armor and "other" now. And the field should now not be editable when locked.

For the image going to the player, I am not sure. I think that is just how Fantasy Grounds works but not sure. Someone more knowledgeable than me would have to answer if that is possible.

kevininrussia
April 21st, 2020, 19:18
I am testing and its working with "other" but I noticed now if the item is not identified there is no image. Might have to do with the field not being editable. Would be nice for the players to see the image of their unidentified item. This was working in previous build.

Thanks!
Kevin

valeros
April 21st, 2020, 19:34
Right, because I have a line of code that sets the description field to not visible if the item is not identified. If the description is visible when not identified then the description might give away the surprise. It can go either way, but from what I can tell, other rulesets do it that way.

If you don't want it, remove that line of code. In "item_main_add_item_description.lua", remove this line: "description.setVisible(bID);"

(Or another way to do it is to have a "not identified description" and a "identified description")

kevininrussia
April 21st, 2020, 20:07
I see your point. I think the way you are doing it is the best way. Thanks and so far all is working perfectly!

valeros
April 21st, 2020, 21:47
Found an issue where other fields not editable after adding a description. Fixed.

kevininrussia
April 26th, 2020, 03:48
I have noticed the flavor text box on items is staying visible when scrolled up. The text disappears but the box stays. Is that normal behavior?

valeros
April 26th, 2020, 04:10
I get that in FGU with or without the extension. Sometimes I can get it on the bottom as well (or sometimes both at the same time.) For example, without either this extension or the token extension, make the flavor text like 10 lines long. Then do the same for the "Special" field. Then I can get same effect on top and bottom at the same time.

Seems to work perfectly fine in FGC, with or without extensions.

kevininrussia
April 26th, 2020, 04:13
I get that in FGU with or without the extension. Sometimes I can get it on the bottom as well (or sometimes both at the same time.) For example, without either this extension or the token extension, make the flavor text like 10 lines long. Then do the same for the "Special" field. Then I can get same effect on top and bottom at the same time.

Seems to work perfectly fine in FGC, with or without extensions.

Thanks for checking. Probably the developers have not optimized the draw order on panels in Unity.

Maldev
May 19th, 2020, 07:50
Great extension, Thanks Valeros :D