PDA

View Full Version : Critically Awesome Essentials Extension

Aster
April 21st, 2020, 14:57
I was wondering if anyone else was using the Critically Awesome Essentials Extension? I am having a problem using it. I cannot get the setup options displayed in Fantasygrounds. In addition, I cannot add the tokens to spells. I have added the extension file and the generic token swapper extension to the proper folder. But the token swapper extension does not come up as an option to turn on in the Load Campaign screen. Hope I gave enough information for some help. Thanks in advance.

LordEntrails
April 21st, 2020, 21:47
Though the name rings a bell, I can't find any extension by that name with a search...

Normally I would say to post in the extension thread, but since I can't find it, maybe you couldn't either?

Where did you get the extension from?

Trenloe
April 21st, 2020, 21:53
I think it’s a DMs Guild product.

LordEntrails
April 21st, 2020, 22:06
I think it’s a DMs Guild product.
Right you are! https://www.dmsguild.com/product/261591/Critically-Awesome-Essentials--One-Click-Druid-Fantasy-Grounds

@Aster, I suggest you reach out to Rob and Bob on Rob's Discord channel; https://discord.gg/J7qdVNX

Remedeez
April 21st, 2020, 22:14
The generic token swapper extension is for rulesets other than 5E. If you are running 5E, both extensions (CAE and the generic token swapper extension) should not be loaded at the same time, as per the extension's README file.

Dax Doomslayer
April 22nd, 2020, 00:24
I'm having issues with this also. I just purchased it and I've installed it properly as best I can tell. I'm not using the generic token swapper. The modules appear in my library, I open the book and green check mark them to activate them but they don't appear in the Options screen within FG. Anyone else having this issue? Here's a screen shot that I took. I think I did this correctly. I installed it in the "\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\modules\" as per the README; enabled the Awesome extension; activated the modules. Here's a screen shot of what it looks like. I looked through all the Options and there isn't anything showing (in the screen shot, I'm showing the end where it normally is but I did review the whole Options list).

Remedeez
April 22nd, 2020, 00:53
I'm having issues with this also. I just purchased it and I've installed it properly as best I can tell. I'm not using the generic token swapper. The modules appear in my library, I open the book and green check mark them to activate them but they don't appear in the Options screen within FG. Anyone else having this issue? Here's a screen shot that I took. I think I did this correctly. I installed it in the "\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\modules\" as per the README; enabled the Awesome extension; activated the modules. Here's a screen shot of what it looks like. I looked through all the Options and there isn't anything showing (in the screen shot, I'm showing the end where it normally is but I did review the whole Options list).

Have you tried removing all other extensions and then running it? If it works then, try adding one extension back in at a time, to see which extension it might not work well with.

esmdev
April 22nd, 2020, 03:15
I am not familiar with the contents but if one of them is a .ext then it should go in the extensions directory and not modules.

Dedkendy
April 22nd, 2020, 09:47
its been stated that FG-5E-Enhancer v0.8.0.ext is not working with it. but there may be others too.

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2020, 11:37
You have a lot of extensions running there. And i mean a lot! It will be very easy for some of those extensions to clash.

Try in a brand new campaign with only the extension needed for this product.

However, as has been mentioned above, this is a third party commercial product - so I recommend you contact them directly.

Dax Doomslayer
April 22nd, 2020, 11:48
Thanks folks. I thought it may be a conflict issue. I am not running the 5e enhancer. I guess I'll start a new campaign and slowly add the extensions and see what happens. I do run a lot of extensions so I was loathe to do this and was hoping someone may know which one may not play well with it. I did contact DiabloBob on DMs Guild.

Aster
April 22nd, 2020, 13:01
Thanks for all of the feedback it was very helpful. I will work through some of those extensions and contact the extension author.

Dax Doomslayer
April 22nd, 2020, 13:14
Thanks for all of the feedback it was very helpful. I will work through some of those extensions and contact the extension author.

Sorry Aster, I didn't mean to hijack your thread but I was having similar type of issue and figured to keep it all in the same forum message for consolidation purposes...

esmdev
April 22nd, 2020, 13:24
Sorry Aster, I didn't mean to hijack your thread but I was having similar type of issue and figured to keep it all in the same forum message for consolidation purposes...

Keeping similar situations in one place is a good thing. If you find a solution to the problem post it as it may help others in the same boat.

Aster
April 22nd, 2020, 13:33
Keeping similar situations in one place is a good thing. If you find a solution to the problem post it as it may help others in the same boat.

No worries. It helped facilitate a discussion. Thanks.

Dax Doomslayer
April 22nd, 2020, 17:37
Well, I've gone through all the extensions one by one, turning on each one at a time in a new campaign and the Awesome Essentials worked in every instance. I'm not sure where to go with this other than notifying DiabloBob again on DMs Guild...The only other thing I can think is if something is wrong with this specific campaign. I did use the 5E Combat Enhancer for a little bit in this campaign but haven't used it in a long time. That's the only other thing I can think of...Hmmm...

Dax Doomslayer
April 22nd, 2020, 17:42
OK, even more odd, I on a lark, just tried to load the extension to the original campaign and it now works. SMH...I don't know what the heck happened between last night and today other than a reboot of the machine - lol...

Klandare
April 22nd, 2020, 19:50
OK, even more odd, I on a lark, just tried to load the extension to the original campaign and it now works. SMH...I don't know what the heck happened between last night and today other than a reboot of the machine - lol...

Maybe you updated one of the extension files without completely restarting FG? That is what I have found to be my issue a lot of times. Of course the machine reboot would take care of that. ;)

Dax Doomslayer
April 22nd, 2020, 22:07
Maybe you updated one of the extension files without completely restarting FG? That is what I have found to be my issue a lot of times. Of course the machine reboot would take care of that. ;)

I appreciate the response Klandare. I do know I restarted FG a number of times trying all different ways and settings etc. I don't think that was it. I'm wondering if it had something to do with the update though but I have no clue. It seems to be working now - yay!!

adminwheel3
May 10th, 2020, 17:31
In case it helps, I just spotted a conflict with this extension and the Encounter Difficulty Calculator, where it would not allow you to add NPCs to encounters with both running and would throw and error if you tried to edit the list.

Beemanpat
May 11th, 2020, 04:32
In case it helps, I just spotted a conflict with this extension and the Encounter Difficulty Calculator, where it would not allow you to add NPCs to encounters with both running and would throw and error if you tried to edit the list.

I notified the the dev for CAE he's gonna look into it.

nielsle
February 13th, 2021, 08:51
The awesome critically token swapper doesn't work for us in unity.

When a player tries to move/drag a character token in the map, then the server sometimes moves the token back again.

Zacchaeus
February 13th, 2021, 09:40

When a player tries to move/drag a character token in the map, then the server sometimes moves the token back again.

This is something you'll need to take up with the developer on DMsGuild.

Beemanpat
February 13th, 2021, 14:02

See post #4 got to the discord they are quick to help

DeathWalker
July 13th, 2023, 19:49
Did you ever resolve your problem. I am having the same issue