PDA

View Full Version : Making Custom Drag and Drop things

Minsupa
April 21st, 2020, 02:40
Hello, New to fantasy grounds and trying to see if I want to switch from roll 20. (Playing Pathfinder 2e)

I like the idea of being able to have my players drag and drop things into the character sheet and what not. But I'm not going to buy the books when I own hard copies. I would however like to make my own drag and drops like ancestry and classes and items. Is there a tutorial for this kind of thing because I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks for any help.

LordEntrails
April 21st, 2020, 05:42
Yep. Lots of YouTube videos showing you how to do this. The User Manual also has info, the wikis and many forum posts, and so does the Adventure Module link in my signature.

If you tell us what ruleset(s) you want to do this in and what types of objects (classes, magic items, monsters, etc) we can point you to specific instructions.

Trenloe
April 21st, 2020, 08:42
Welcome to the forums Minsupa!

There’s no specific tutorial for creating Pathfinder 2 records. The usual approach is to take an existing example, copy that (drag/drop the record within the data list to create a copy), unlock and then edit as needed.

There are some community modules with data that might help you get started: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50274-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-community-modules

Whereas I know it’s grating to repurchase something you already have in another form, you’ll save a lot of time (and possibly frustration) by picking up the Core Rules product. But only you can determine how valuable you time is and decide if it’s worth spending time to manually create information in FG that’s available and ready to go in the Core Rules.

(Moved thread to PF2 forum).