PDA

View Full Version : new to fantasy ground and looking how to make maps, more monster and more.

zimo83
March 3rd, 2007, 02:44
Hi everyone,
Im new to fantasy ground and wanted to know if their is a easy way to make add maps, new items (armor, weapons and magic stuff), mosters, new class and thing like that. I have been reading a few posted and I dont know how to program at all and I need some way to do this easy. please help me. thank for reading this and hope to hear form you all soon.

oh Im also looking for if theirs any easy way to play other games like all the world of darkness games and exalted. thanks again.

thanks
zimo

Griogre
March 3rd, 2007, 08:40
Adding maps and item pictures is as easy as dropping the picture in the right folder in Fantasy Grounds.

Adding stuff like Armor, Monsters and Magic stuff is more work. At one extreme you can add that stuff to a ruleset which would be more work. At the other extreme you could just write the extra things in as Notes (Storybook) items and on the character sheet. Honestly it is probably not worth adding Items and Armor which would probably be on character sheet to a ruleset. Monsters are a maybe. If you would reuse them often then adding them to a ruleset might make sense.

As far as playing World of Darkness, you can use FG for chat and to roll dice and as a battlemap with tokens like what you see on the table in a Face to Face game but like in a face to face game, but you would need to look up things in the rule books you have for the game rather than in Fantasy Grounds.

It would probably be worth your time to make a Character sheet for the Game or to use the Generic Character Sheet someone made.