PDA

View Full Version : LFP - 4 Players - Sat Nights - Time TBD - USA/CAN - 5e - LMoP

SuitedRIP
April 20th, 2020, 21:46
I am hoping to run Lost Mine of Phandelver with new(er) players to the 5e ruleset and fantasy grounds I have the standard version so players will also need at least the standard version to play. Players will choose between the pre-made LMoP character sheets provided. All characters start at Level 1 and will get to Level 5 by the end of the campaign. I will consider extending or expanding the campaign depending on the group and the feel. We will use Discord for voice chat communication. The day of the week will be Saturday. I am in the Mountain time zone of the USA so I can be a little flexible with a start time. I like sessions to run for 4 hours with a small (real life) rest in the middle.

As a DM I want to let players experience the forgotten realms and begin to immerse in the world that they can create and shape. Equal parts combat and role-playing, I expect players to be willing and able to have fun and enjoy themselves while also keeping the game flowing positively. I am not a rules lawyer by default but, like most DMs I will make decisions based on how I interpret them. I am always open to discussions on rules outside of the current play session and actively will engage players on any issues that may arise. I expect every player to act like an adult and mature enough to deal with other humans in a normal and respectful way.

Showing up on time and being ready with a basic understanding of you character is the next big deal. I do not expect or require new(er) players to know all the rules or all the ins and outs of Fantasy Grounds. I do expect that you will be open to having some things explained, to help you grow as a player. Being on time seems obvious but some times is missed. Life happens and we all understand it, but communicating about schedules changes or delays is crucial in maintaining any D&D group. All of us owe it to each other to be on time and ready to play. If something comes up that prevents us from doing that, we owe it to each other to communicate the reason so we can work around it.

I run other games during the week and I have a blast doing this! I really hope that anyone that wants to play with me enjoys and good laugh and can appreciate the dramatic moments as well. I am doing this for fun and the enjoyment of helping new players learn this game we all love so much. All you really need is fantasy grounds, a good attitude and some free time Saturday nights. I won't make you write a 10 page character backstory (you can if you want though) but you will have to learn what tabs your skills and actions are on! Come on, let's get lost in Faerun!

Marquis_de_Taigeis
April 20th, 2020, 22:47
good evening SuitedRIP

if you have space in your game, i would love to take a seat. I have been playing around with the 5E rules for a short while now (mostly adventurers league on the random occasions i was able to get along to the local cafe that ran the games) and have started running my own campaign but as im new to FG, i would really like to take part as a player in a campaign. my main rpg background is coming over from dungeon crawl classics/ lamentation of the flame princess / call of Cthulhu.

I am based in the UK but with a Saturday based game the time zones wouldn't affect the times i could play.

SuitedRIP
April 21st, 2020, 01:58
Hey thanks for the response! There is space available and I would be happy to add you into the mix. We are still looking to fill 3 more players. I will send you a private message with more details!

Edit: 2 more slots available now!

egraves1970
April 21st, 2020, 02:13
I got your message, and I am definitely open to this.

SuitedRIP
April 21st, 2020, 02:15
Great! Thanks for the heads up! Look like we have 3 out of the 4 slots filled already! This is awesome. One more player is welcome to join us. I will be sending out Discord invited to those who have already been added so we can speak can get everything moving along!

elle_c
April 21st, 2020, 02:44
I'm interested. I have very, very little D&D experience and would need a Saturday time that is in the evening as I have young kids that I don't want to stick my husband with all the evening parenting duty.

SuitedRIP
April 21st, 2020, 03:27
That is ok. It will be a Saturday evening/night plan. I will send you a DM and see if it works out!

DungeonDave
April 21st, 2020, 04:50
I'm interested if you still have a spot.

UTC -7

SuitedRIP
April 21st, 2020, 05:12
Hey everyone! Right now it looks like we have our 4 players for LMoP. I will update this post if anything changes. Thank you all for your interest. I will continue to run these as I have the time and there's interest!