PDA

View Full Version : Token selection overrides turn order

Neovirtus
April 20th, 2020, 21:41
I wanted to discuss one issue I ran into during my last session regarding targeting during combat. I don't believe this is a bug, so much as a design, ease-of-use topic. I don't recall if it is functioning the same as in FGC but I don't remember encountering this previously...

The issue I had was that it currently seems like when you select a token as GM your targeting "ctrl-left click" (or other methods) target from your selected token, and not necessarily the current actor. Now, I understand and like this feature as a way to do attacks of opportunity and readied actions without changing turn order, but I found myself getting thrown off by it in my previous session. A player would take their turn, pass the turn to the next NPC actor, and I would go to simply have them target someone and attack. However, I would forget that halfway across the map I had a token selected. So it actually targets with that token, rather than the NPC whose turn it is on the CT. I did this countless times.

Like I said, I'm not sure if this is actually a new functionality I need to adjust to, or something that was always there, and I was just having issues in this particularly large, complex combat scenario... but I can envision one actual improvement I'd like to suggest. Could we make it so that by default when the CT advances to a new actor that they become selected? Or at least deselect tokens on CT change (which I believe would cause targeting to default to current actor)? Let me know if I'm missing something obvious.

LordEntrails
April 21st, 2020, 06:08
Same behavior as FGC. I've got myself caught by it more than a few times. But couldn't live without it. I find myself often selecting and deselecting tokens just to make sure I don't have something selected without knowing about it. Not sure of another solution.