PDA

View Full Version : Stupidly deleted tables from the DMG...

The_Plundered_Tombs
April 20th, 2020, 15:24
If someone :rolleyes: was so daft as to delete 3 or 4 of the random treasure tables from the DMG while trying to get something else to work (VeX's Trinkets and Random tables and Olog's auto generate utility*), what steps should he take to fix the problem?

Asking for a friend....

I have a fledgling campaign, so although it would be a pain to set it all up again in a new folder, it is achievable but would still be a lot of effort as I have custom tables, npcs, and the like. I would really like to avoid that.
I obviously have access to the deceased tables if I load/create another campaign, but does that do me any good?

This is in FGU Ultimate.

Sorry if the answer is somewhere obvious -I couldn't find it. What do you expect from someone who would delete vital tables rather than just rename them?

I know it's only in the Beta phase, but the idiot-proofing still needs some work...:p

Thanks in advance, and feel free to ridicule me slightly. (Or more, but please consider other people who may have done a similar thing...)

Mart.

*The whole Olog and VeX partnership was working 95%, but somebody had to push for 100%

Trenloe
April 20th, 2020, 16:57
Welcome to the FG forums!

Modules are read-only, so you can't actually remove the data permanently. What you'll have done is marked the tables as deleted just in that one FG campaign.

You can "revert changes" on the module in the modules activation screen - right-click on the module in question and select "revert changes". This will take the module back to it's base data - removing any changes made within that campaign.

The_Plundered_Tombs
April 20th, 2020, 17:11
Welcome to the FG forums!

Modules are read-only, so you can't actually remove the data permanently. What you'll have done is marked the tables as deleted just in that one FG campaign.

You can "revert changes" on the module in the modules activation screen - right-click on the module in question and select "revert changes". This will take the module back to it's base data - removing any changes made within that campaign.

I Love You!

That worked a charm; I could have spent hours trying to fix my Epic Stupid, instead it was less than ten clicks.