PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Campaign in JST - D&D 3.5

idgie
March 2nd, 2007, 13:18
Set in the D&D world of Eberron, an adventure will unfold. Starting in the wilderness of Western Breland and then following the whims of Fate. The story begins 5 years after the end of the Last War.

Open to all players 18 years or older. If you are not familiar with Eberron, not to worry everything will be explained in due time.

Starting Character is 6 with starting cash of 13,000 gold (6k Max item). Any race or class is open as long as you can explain it to the traveling merchant so that he that he will be resonably convinced enough to show you his wears. Character creation stats will use PHB standard of 4D6 (highest 3).

The first meeting for those who are interested will be on Sunday, March 4 at 1900 JST. The final time or day of the game will be established based upon agreement of the players, possibly Saturday or Tuesday night.

FG server is "ugly zone idle ally"

Note: Not RPGA affiliated

tahl_liadon
March 2nd, 2007, 15:38
i'm interested. thx

idgie
March 3rd, 2007, 02:38
EST is 15 hours behind Japan, so the first meeting would be 4am on Sunday for you, but depending on interest, I can run the game in the morning on the weekend which would make it at night on the East Cost. Again the timing is negotiable based upon player interest.

tahl_liadon
March 3rd, 2007, 02:43
i know i can figure out the time zone thing, but since you at it, plz tell me the feasibility for you if we began a game, say, 19:00 or 20:00 est?

would that be something do-able for you if there was enough interest?

idgie
March 3rd, 2007, 04:27
In that case, the I would run the game on Saturday starting at 1000 AM in Japan, which would make it Fridays 2000 EST.

I am looking for at least 3 players to begin running the campaign.

tahl_liadon
March 3rd, 2007, 12:31
thx for considering to work with me on the scheduling.

one other thing: i would only be able to play every other week, starting friday, 16 mar (i know, it's a while from now, but if it works out, i promise you're gonna have a great player here. it'll be worth your while :)). i know my schedule is somewhat inflexible, but i wanna at least try.

thx again.

idgie
March 9th, 2007, 01:09
I am looking to start the game on 17 MAR Sat at 1000AM (GMT-9) or Friday night 16MAR for those in the states. If anyone is interested in joining, send me a private message with a description of your character.

The game will be set 5 years after the Last War. It will focus on a part of the Draconic Prophecy, with part of the action taking place in Xendrik.

idgie
March 12th, 2007, 06:20
I have had quite a few people express interest in joining my game, but for those who have expressed interest send me a message with your character ideas on them.

There is plenty of room for anyone who wishes to join.

irondog
March 17th, 2007, 00:14
Are we on for tonight?

idgie
March 17th, 2007, 01:44
Yes. We are on tonight.

idgie
March 20th, 2007, 02:07
The game met on Friday night (US). Character issues were sorted out, and the game will start this Friday at 2000 Eastern. If anyone else is interest, send me a message with your character ideas, so that you will be ready to play on Friday.

FG server is "ugly zone idle ally" - no password

Set in the D&D world of Eberron, an adventure will unfold. Starting in the wilderness of Western Breland and then following the whims of Fate. The story begins 5 years after the end of the Last War. When a merchant’s daughter goes missing in Xendrik, a band of adventures are recruited to save her. Little do they know that this is merely the first step in a grand adventure that is mentioned in an obscure portion of the Draconic Prophecy, simply referred to as the Vermilion Agenda by the elder dragons.

Starting Character is 6 with starting cash of 13,000 gold (6k Max item). Any race or class is open as long as you can explain it to the traveling merchant so that he that he will be reasonably convinced enough to show you his wears. Character creation stats will use PHB standard of 4D6 (highest 3).

Open to all players 18 years or older. If you are not familiar with Eberron, not to worry everything will be explained in due time.

tahl_liadon
March 24th, 2007, 01:15
hey! is game on tonite?

idgie
March 26th, 2007, 08:14
The game began last Friday. The group is formed and they have learned that they have a role to play in a portion of the Draconic Prophecy:

During the Silence of the Gods

The sea shall swallow the Land
The past now obscured will haunt the Present

Beware the rise of Arius, The herald of Apocalypse
For the chaos of Change rapidly Approaches
Pestilence and violence are bywords for this Generation

Do not yet Despair
One will come accompanied by Another
Heroes to arise in a time of Trouble

Gathered at the Pinnacle of the Dragon’s Bowl
One will decide for many regarding the Judgment of ancient Sins

Yet this is not the End, merely the Beginning of a New Age

In Eberron, things are never as simple as they might seem. The adventure will continue to unfold. This coming weekend on Friday, 30 March at 2000 Eastern.

idgie
April 3rd, 2007, 06:33
Last Friday (30MAR), only 3 of the 7 showed up, so I ran a minor side quest. We will resume the story line with whoever shows up to play this coming Friday.

Game time will be 2000 Eastern on Friday 6 APR.

Severer is: ugly zone idle ally

idgie
April 8th, 2007, 17:37
The game resumed on Friday night with 3 committed players. The plot is moving forward. The PC have accepted a business offer to rescue the daughter of a gnome who is lost in Xendrik. They know that a draconic prophecy hangs over their heads and will lead them to great deeds as the story unfolds.

The next game will be on Friday 13APR at 8:00 PM.

Everthing had been progressing nicely for the players, but soon they would encounter the unforgiving nature of the world. Complications are the spice of life and of story telling as well.

idgie
April 11th, 2007, 16:51
The make up of the group continues to shift.

As one player leaves, two more players have joined the group. Bringing the group total to 5 players.

idgie
April 21st, 2007, 09:28
Our fearless heroes now consisting of 4 regular players are making the dangouerous trip from Sharn to Stormreach. Their ship was crippled due to a kraken looking for easy prey. The "ship eater" storm has now deposited them on an unknown land, only to face a mimic in a cave where they were seeking shelter from the storm. And the adventure continues.

idgie
April 22nd, 2007, 16:30
This weeks adventure is already to go, but My plan is to convert the adventure from FG1 to FG2. There will be a learning curve as people become used to the system. My plan is to play the Friday game 27APR at 2000 Eastern in FG2. If you have a problem let me know. I have a backup FG1 in case FG 2 has trouble.

Also I would like to make the request that all of the players give me a 1 page or so description and history of your character. This helps me to keep track of who is who as well as what issues are important to the characters. I would also Like a picture and an email address. If you can send them to me my private message or to my personal email address.

tahl_liadon
April 22nd, 2007, 18:48
...all of the players give me a 1 page or so description and history of your character.

just double-checking... you already have adaka's, right?

idgie
April 23rd, 2007, 10:02
I will be running Friday's game on 27APR (8 pm Eastern) in FG2. Please down load it and install it.

It was not the revamp that I was hoping for, but it a step in the right direction. The major change you will notice is the library, but other than that the system remains largely the same. There are some nice changes to the combat system which we will see how this helps combat. If you have a chorot, we will see how it works handling 2 players.

If you have problems, please let me know.

idgie
April 24th, 2007, 17:44
FG 2 enables some nice features regarding tokens. If you want to update your token or your picture, please send me the pic so that I make sure that it avaliable.

tahl_liadon
April 24th, 2007, 20:30
what is the optimal size (largest) for the tokens? should we just send you the biggest file, then you can scale down accordingly?

FG 2 enables some nice features regarding tokens. If you want to update your token or your picture, please send me the pic so that I make sure that it avaliable.

idgie
April 25th, 2007, 15:36
38 x 38 tokens seem to work well. They are the size that we have been using. I am open to adjusting the sizes of the pictures.

tahl_liadon
April 28th, 2007, 01:17
it says:

the host is running a proprietary ruleset that does not match local installation.

any idea?

idgie
April 30th, 2007, 18:42
All I can say is that everyone has to be on the same version of FG2 for the game to run properly.

idgie
April 30th, 2007, 20:14
Update 2.0.8

This update crashed the db file and I was only able to recover part of it. The character files got deleted, so your characters will have to be reloaded when on Friday's game.

BigGreenSquid
May 5th, 2007, 08:25
I would really like to play if you have room for one more. I am AST (+3 GMT), I don't really know where we are in relation to JST but with Saturday as my day off, anytime is good.

idgie
May 5th, 2007, 15:25
Per the request of some of the players, the start time has been moved from 8 PM EST to 9 pm EST on Fridays.

idgie
May 6th, 2007, 16:10
The game continues in its eight week. There are four players that are working their way through the wilds of Xendirk. They are beginning to learn about each other and themselves. They are watching and triggering events related to an ancient conflict rooted in the Age of Demons. They know very little of what they are getting themselves into, other than they are in deep.

As one of the Players was slain by a giant spider, the spirit of the Diety - Siberys encased his body in a massive dragon shard and took it away, leaving the bewildered players with an updated version of the prophecy:

Times Ancient and Long Past

Two Armies clashed with great Might
Behold the Abomination that Causes Desolation

That Which should never have Been Was and Walked Among Us
Fear could not be Destroyed, only Harnessed

Three Seals Ancient and Powerful were forged for One Purpose
Followers like their master Hunted

Time Waited

Thus it was that during the Silence of the Gods

The sea was made to swallow the Land
The past now obscured will haunt the Present

Beware the rise of Arius, The herald of Apocalypse
For the chaos of Change rapidly Approaches
Pestilence and violence may become the bywords for this Generation

Do not yet Despair
Ones will come some replaced by Others
Heroes to arise in a time of Trouble

Gathered at the Pinnacle of the Dragon’s Bowl
One will decide for many regarding the Judgment of ancient Sins

Yet this is not the End, merely the Beginning

For those that say, Hey that sounds interesting it have this to say. 1) you have to convince me that you are the type of player I am looking for - mature (over 21), reliable (let me know if you will not show for a game), and creative (personality and ideas), and plays well with others.

You must first send my a message with your character idea in FG2 message system. I want the following: 1) character type you want to play, 2) brief personal history - gaming experinece, 3) a description of the character's history and how you will role play this character in the group. I would also like to see a planned character progression - plan for advenment onver the next 10 levels or so. Any race or class from any book are acceptable. If you want to do something that entirely your creation, I will look at it too.

You will hear me ask the players, "Who is your character as a person?" "Describe him to me so that i would recognize him when we met at in the street."

Newawd
May 22nd, 2007, 17:45
During the day (and when he doesn't mind being seen) you might walk by Koth in the street... Here is what you would see:

The goblin walking towards you bears a lopsided grin on his 'not as ugly as you would expect' face. Surely he's no looker, but he also doesn't make you want to close your eyes or look away. He's about 4 feet tall, so as he meets your gaze, he's looking slightly up at you. His brown-gray iris's are so dark they almost look as if they are just giant pupils, and his wild hair poking up in every direction makes you wonder when the last time was that he took a bath. As you get closer though, you realize that he at least doesn't smell bad. He wears a mottled dark gray and green tunic with matching trousers, and appears to be unarmored. His walking stick could easily be used as a club, and from the dents and scratches on it's knobby grip, it probably has been. Likely, he would wield it after strapping that dark brown shield on his back to his arm. He has two daggers... but you know from experience that if a creature like him has two daggers you can see... he probably has several more you can't.

He walks with a smooth gait that must be difficult to achieve with those long (almost awkward) legs of his. When a child suddenly careens into his path chasing after a ball, he somehow manages to move around the child without touching her. That, in and of itself, is not what catches your eye. The fact that he manages to do it with as much grace as a dancer at a great theater in Sharn you once saw is what impresses you. As he flowed around the young girl (really almost as tall as the goblin himself), he spun, and you saw a dark gray stone on a dull silver chain about his neck. To many, it would have appeared a good luck charm or some other mundane ornament. To your trained eye, it is an Eberron Dragonshard... interesting. The last thing you are able to see before he passes beyond your field of vision (without craning your neck and being too obvious) is a deft stoop midstride to pick up what appears from your vantage to be a silver coin... dropped by the man walking a few paces in front of him. Curiosity gets the better of you as you decide to crane your neck after all, and slow your pace; in time to see him tugging at the sleeve of the man in front of him. "Sir, I believe you dropped your coin." as he hands the astonished man the silver piece. This roguish looking goblin did *that*? This must be a curious creature indeed!

You realize that you have stopped and turned around to look at the goblin, and you also notice three tough looking men in leather armor and clubs on their shoulders walking towards the goblin with grim looks on their faces. The goblin appears to have noticed them as well, and he has a thoughtful expression on his face. The ball the girl chased into his path a moment ago comes bouncing towards him, and without looking down at it, he gives it a solid kick. It shoots straight up high into the air... and all eyes follow it. When it comes down again, you hear several sharp gasps as the people watching the ball realize that when it lands, the goblin is gone. You are not the only one to have made this observation, and as the 3 angry toughs look at you, you just grin and shrug your shoulders before they stomp off, looking ready to chew rocks.

Koth is a goblin cleric/rogue. He has a good heart, but his mischievous nature, and his sharp tongue often get him in trouble. Since his childhood, he has frequently needed to get out of trouble, and this has made him surprisingly good at moving around without being seen or heard. With the help of his magic gauntlets, he is able to use man-sized weapons, and when he casts a certain spell at his disposal, that club seems to slam home as if it were the size of a hill giants club. He has a Large Darkwood Shield, that is so well crafted that it doesn't seem to trip him up or slow him down at all as he does his scouting and tumbling. Under his dark tunic he wears a long, but supple enchanted shirt of mithril. That shirt is always covered though... he wouldn't want to give off any tell-tale flashes of light as he fills his preferred role as scout. While he does enjoy scouting, he also has no problem with wading into melee when the need arises. Neither does he hesitate to wade *out* of combat to lay his hands on a wounded ally to heal what ails them.

He is a 'good' goblin. Having said that, he has an ornery streak. Threaten him, or those he calls friend, or even just act like a pompous jerk, and he will not hesitate to put you in your place. Depending on your offense, your place could either be hanging your head and blushing with embarrassment, or it could be a shallow grave. Koth also likes to play jokes on people from time to time. Unfortunately, sometimes his jokes are more funny to him than to the butt of the joke.

His worship (he *is* a cleric) is of Eberron, the Dragon Mother (sometimes he calls her the "All-Mother"). His worship of her is not a very *strict* thing. Mostly, he feels like she deserves respect, and he feels like his innate goals and desires are closely aligned with hers.

Loyalty. That is a *big* thing for Koth. He felt very betrayed by his own people when he was younger, and it has really driven that principle home. If you prove your loyalty to Koth, he will take a crossbow bolt for you without a seconds hesitation. If you prove to be disloyal... Lets just say that Koth is bigger on Justice than Mercy in many cases.

Most recently, Koth has been in the service of one K'gorhl, a storm giant wizard who lives in the mountains to the east of Stormreach; the Ring of Storms. The storm giant is Koth's sponsor in the Gatekeepers organization, which Koth is associated with. Koth hopes to find a chance to either return to K'gorhl's home soon, or at least contact him in some way so that he can relay the news of the cleric of Siberys's death.

Newawd
May 23rd, 2007, 17:57
Hey, I was just wondering how people feel about having our own message board. That way you could have a thread for your character (history, description, etc.), a thread for the storyline, a thread for announcements, a thread for plans...

I already have a message board at my disposal, and I know that Dustin (previously Methos, now the deathless wizard) also would like to use one. I have a friend who just changed jobs (he's a college Computer Science professor), and is moving to another location. As soon as his move is done and things settle down (probably after July) he will be contacting Idgie about joining up. I know he would want to use a message board.

What do people think?

--Jared (Koth the Goblin)

idgie
May 30th, 2007, 16:42
Idgie, the DM, is moving form Japan to San Frasnsico. I will be off line for about 2 months. The story will continue forward until just before my departue. At that time we will be off line for about 2 months. It will start teh last weekend in Jun and last until the end of Augugst. My household goods are taking the preverbial slow boat from CHina. The dates are not set instone, but it was the planning sheet says.

At the moment, I am disinclined to allow new players to join before the break. After the game resumed wherer the players will be level 9. At this point, new players will be allowed in.

The best thing to do is if you are wanting to join - send me a private message in FG about your character description, history - etc
From there, a dialogoe will begin as we talk about the character specifics and how the character will fit in to the world of Eberron.

Stats - level 9, any known class, or any known race from any book. Start with 13K gold + a specific 7 to 9k magic item, but you will get more money depending on where teh group is.

idgie
June 11th, 2007, 16:10
This is the last post for the game for a while. When the game starts up again probably in August, I will create a new post and invite new players to join the group.