PDA

View Full Version : Players Cannot Select Characters when Running Starfinder Ruleset on FG Classic

TylerVan
April 20th, 2020, 03:19
I hosted a starfinder game for the first time, and when my players connect, they are unable to see or select characters. They also report not being able to see chat output and when they roll a die, the result they see is different than the result I see. These issues are isolated to the starfinder rule set and does not effect a 5e games hosted by my computer using the same IP. I am using a VPN since configuring my ISP's modem beyond default settings violates my ISP's terms of service.

I have tried restarting FG, having the players restart FG, restarting my computer, checking for updates, having my players restart FG, having my players check for updates and none of this seemed to fix the issue. From what they describe it is like they are stuck on the few seconds of loading after you first connect to a game. We tried a 5e game with far more modules loaded the same day, and they did not have any issues, so it seems to be isolated to the starfinder rule set.
Aditionally, we tried clearing and releasing ownership of characters (this was a new game with blank unowned characters so that should not have an issue to begin with).

I am running FG classic ultimate, and the only modules I had loaded for starfinder were the Core Rules, Character Optimization, Armory, Pact Worlds, Alien Archive 1, and Dead Suns 1, 2, & 3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LordEntrails
April 20th, 2020, 04:16
In the character selection screen select a character, right click and chose the option something like "Clear Ownership". Repeat for all characters. Then have your players re-open the character selection window.

Once a player opens a character, they gain ownership of that character and no one else can see it. If that player uses a different name the next time they log in to your campaign, they won't see what they owned before.

TylerVan
April 20th, 2020, 04:19
I should have clarified that it was a new game so the characters had no owner and the clear ownership was the first thing I tried.

LordEntrails
April 20th, 2020, 04:28
Any extensions or themes?

If not, might be an issue the ruleset developer will need to fix. You can check SF sub-forum to see if anyone has reported similar there.

TylerVan
April 20th, 2020, 04:46
I am running the basic gray theme included in FG and I am running no extentions for the starfinder ruleset.