PDA

View Full Version : LFG D&D 5E New Player

swilli603
April 19th, 2020, 22:33
My name is Steve, 35, live in WA state. Looking to join a new game or pre-existing one. Laid back and just want to have fun, laugh, and kill some stuff! Willing to play any type of character needed for the group. I am new to the game, reading through the 5E players handbook now, but I have a pretty good idea how it works. I listen to podcasts, youtube vids, etc. I would prefer to play Fri or Sat nights, but I can be flexible. Down to play here or ROll20, but new to both.

elle_c
April 20th, 2020, 05:05
Hi Steve! I know it's not really helpful, but I am a new player also looking for a group. I'm currently playing my first adventure with some family members, but none of us have any idea what we are doing. I'd like to find a group that is willing to take on a completely new player. I'm currently playing with a pre-generated player, so I'd still have to create one. I'm in Vegas, so our time zones match up. I have younger kids, so I'd prefer to play later in the evening. So if you're looking for another player, I'd be interested!

****edited to add*** If we need another player, my brother will play. He's in CST and is a new player as well. He played some when he was in high school, but very limited in his play.

Grissle
April 20th, 2020, 10:18
Hello both Swilli & Churchill. I'm new as well. Although i use to play some real basic homebrew games back in the 90's while i was in high-school. Now that both my daughters are grown I have been wanting to get back into D&D and learn the proper way to play this time. Unfortunately non of my real life friends are that into it. So online is going to be my way to go. So not only am i reading and studying everything i can about the game. Im also trying to figure out the layout of this software. But im excited to learn both.

thornious
April 20th, 2020, 19:32
Hello both Swilli & Churchill. I'm new as well. Although i use to play some real basic homebrew games back in the 90's while i was in high-school. Now that both my daughters are grown I have been wanting to get back into D&D and learn the proper way to play this time. Unfortunately non of my real life friends are that into it. So online is going to be my way to go. So not only am i reading and studying everything i can about the game. Im also trying to figure out the layout of this software. But im excited to learn both.

Grissle sent you pm as to not hijack the thread

elle_c
April 20th, 2020, 21:51
Grissle, same here with needing to go online. I've also been doing research as well on how the game is played but have limited knowledge. Hopefully, we can work something out. Let me know if you find something and need another player with limited knowledge.

EHawk
April 22nd, 2020, 07:15
In the same boat as you all. Would be interested in joining up with some people and learning as we go. Never played a game on FG or much D&D but I've done enough researcher to feel like I'm ready to give it a go. Please let me know...thanks!

Sunbright
April 26th, 2020, 03:22
sharing the same boat here, if you don't mind a russian accent I'm happy to join the adventures!