PDA

View Full Version : Calendar sign up issues.

Dreadfell
April 19th, 2020, 18:42
Hello all, thank you for hearing me out. I have signed up for adventures through the FG Calendar a few times. I always show as pending,and never hear back from the DM running them(I politely ask if I am doing something wrong). Any help appreciated.

Dreadfell.

tahl_liadon
April 19th, 2020, 19:33

Hello all, thank you for hearing me out. I have signed up for adventures through the FG Calendar a few times. I always show as pending,and never hear back from the DM running them(I politely ask if I am doing something wrong). Any help appreciated.

Dreadfell.

i believe you've done all you can. it's now a matter of the gm approving. (if you waited for a while, it could be that table is full and gm not checking - or care about - pending status. sorry)

PhorgottenSon
April 19th, 2020, 20:00
Yes, the calendar system here, while I find it very helpful and useful, is very much ignored by most running games via FG. Even if people make one when they start looking for players, once the game gets going, they rarely, if ever, look at the calendar again. You will find most of them do not accurately state the current need or lack of need of PCs for the game.

To find a game, you will need to post in a LFP thread here and/or private message the DM when they make a post looking for players. If your first contact is through the calendar and then you wait some days before messaging, you will almost certainly not be noticed until you message.

Dreadfell
April 19th, 2020, 22:14
Thank you so much.

Dreadfell
April 19th, 2020, 22:15
Thanks for your notice.