PDA

View Full Version : Fg Ii

Wraith
February 28th, 2007, 16:47
I just got back, and received my latest copy of Dungeon Magazine in which was a add for FG II. I came to the site looking for the release and behold there is none. Is this a lap in space and time or is this a teaser?

Yenooc
February 28th, 2007, 17:05
The ad has been out for a while, but my daily checks of the FG site have shown no clue as to when FGII will actually "hit the streets."

Psych! ;)

Dachannien
February 28th, 2007, 23:43
We're all hoping for sometime this coming month, and from what the developers have told us, they're making good progress. But... who knows? ;)

dLANbandit
March 1st, 2007, 00:20
I don't know about the rest of you but I would rather have a buggy new version of software than a pristine old limited version of software, any day.

We were told a while back that we would get more frequent status reports, but the few I have actually seen, were more like. 'We made some bug fixes. Nothing really new to report. See you next update.'

Sigurd
March 1st, 2007, 00:55
1 player with 3 characters?
I have never had enough players for an 8 (or so) character adventuring party. Will the game support my players leading more than one character each?
This is still my essential criticism of Fantasy Grounds, from March 15th, 2005.

Now we're coming up on a 2year anniversary still with a basic shortfall of the program. I don't want a buggy patch either but you have to remember that some people feel they've been waiting a long time.

I understand this is addressed in the beta - very good news.

I hope it comes out soon. I hope the traffic on this board picks up again.

Sigurd.

FryCook
March 3rd, 2007, 19:37
isn't it possible to run more than a single client on a person's machine? i know i've run both a host and a client on a single machine and connected the two.

if you can run two clients and connect to the same host, you could essentially run two characters.

i don't know the answer, i'm just asking if anyone has tried this.

Elf
March 3rd, 2007, 22:02
The answer is yes. You just have to use a different name as your login.

Sigurd
March 3rd, 2007, 23:35
isn't it possible to run more than a single client on a person's machine?

The answer is no. Beside the issue of having two instances to keep track of. The program wasn't built to share memory\resources with itself and its very unstable. Not a working solution.

Sigurd

Illrigger
March 4th, 2007, 18:46
The answer is no. Beside the issue of having two instances to keep track of. The program wasn't built to share memory\resources with itself and its very unstable. Not a working solution.

Sigurd
I've done it on occasion, and it DOES work. It's just important that you make sure you keep enough resources free and that your PC doesn't go to sleep, or bad things happen.

richvalle
March 5th, 2007, 02:05
I've done it on occasion, and it DOES work. It's just important that you make sure you keep enough resources free and that your PC doesn't go to sleep, or bad things happen.

I tried it a few times and my pc blue screened every time.

rv

Elf
March 5th, 2007, 03:55
This is interesting I have tried it as well and I did not blue screen...

Griogre
March 5th, 2007, 04:14
I had a player do it and he was unstable and eventually brought down the server. The responses seemed mixed so try it and if it works and seems stable then you're good to go. If it seems unstable and starts crashing don't do it. :p

With such mixed reports I'm guessing it depends on your system - probably both system and video capacity and capability.