PDA

View Full Version : graphic quality is really awful (FG Classic)

Alkabor
April 19th, 2020, 12:10
Hello, I just bought a fantasy ground ultimate license and I notice again that the graphic quality is really awful

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33997&stc=1&d=1587294266

Could you confirm that I have a problem and provide a way to solve it

I do not encounter any other graphic problem on other games

Now if the quality remains the same how can I get my ultimate license refunded?
If the problem persists

Have a good day
waiting for your quick return

Trenloe
April 19th, 2020, 12:19
Welcome to the FG forums Alkabor! Sorry things don't look that clear graphics wise.

From your screenshot, it looks like there are areas that are clear and other areas that aren't. This has been an issue for some people in the past, where the area around the mouse cursor is clear and the rest is blurry.

Something to try - on the main FG startup screen, click options and then select "Cross platform compatibility for Linux and Mac" (even if you're using Windows). See if that makes a difference.

If the above doesn't make a difference, then it could be caused by 3D settings on your graphics card. Through your graphics advanced settings, try turning off (or reducing) things like anti-aliasing (this is usually the culprit) and other settings.

ironsplitter
April 20th, 2020, 03:16
I had this problem as well. Mine was worse -- the screen would slowly 'slide' underneath my mouse pointer and leave trails. Really bizarre. As Trenloe suggested, turning on the 'Cross Platform Compatibility for Mac and Linux' solved the problem, even though I'm on Windows 10 with a modern GTX card.