PDA

View Full Version : Creating new Adventure Deck - followed awesome EXT video

Varsuuk
April 19th, 2020, 06:07
... but it left off without describing the .mod creation.

So I "wung it" and think came close ;) but it appears I didn't properly link between the two.

I am guessing I messed something up in client.xml of the mod file.

Not sure how:

<entries>
<_02_WarOfTheDeadCards_000_list>
<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>sw_referenceindex</class>
<recordname>..</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">War Of The Dead Cards</name>
<index>
<_001_BoomHeadShot>
<listlink type="windowreference">
<class>adventurecard_image</class>
<recordname>refimage.cards.boomheadshot@Adventure Deck - WotD
</recordname>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Boom! Head Shot!</name>
</_001_BoomHeadShot>
</_02_WarOfTheDeadCards_000_list>

<_02_WarOfTheDeadCards_001_BoomHeadShot>
<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>adventurecard_image</class>
<recordname>refimage.cards.boomheadshot@Adventure Deck - WotD
</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">&#160;&#160;Boom! Head Shot!</name>
</_02_WarOfTheDeadCards_001_BoomHeadShot>
</entries>
</adventuredeckcards>
</library>

<refimage>
<cards>
<boomheadshot>
<cardId type="string">WOTD_BoomHeadShot</cardId>
<type type="string">adventurecard</type>
<image type="image">
<bitmap>images/BoomHeadShot.jpg</bitmap>
</image>
</boomheadshot>
</cards>
</refimage>

</root>

Relate to the EXT file.

WarOfTheDeadCards = {
["WOTD_BoomHeadShot"] = { name = "Boom! Head Shot!", effect = "Immediately after a successful attack is made, even after damage is rolled, you can retroactively turn it into a called shot, with appropriate modification to damage, etc.", image = "refimage.cards.BoomHeadShot@Adventure Deck - WotD" },

See image of the "transparent Card"

If anyone has suggestion on what to look for or if there is a youtube video on connecting the mod to ext, please pass it on.

Varsuuk
April 19th, 2020, 22:09
GOT IT!

I realized I have the code for everything... so I put in Debug.console()s and found that there is mismatch between the <refimage><cards><name> and the recordname= entries in mod and ext.

Once I made them ALL lowercase (blast!) it worked!!! Now can convert the next 16.

New question:
If I want to add an .ext for new Setting cards, and still have option to add in existing cards, I need to add them to the adventurecard.lua of the next extension?
I noticed that once the next extension is loaded, I lose the basic cards. Is it only one extension of AdventureCards type thing at a time?

Is the info in the FG/docs/AdventureCards.doc (names are approximations) method completely out of date where there is a "configurator" for combining them?
(Figure 10: Loading the configuration extension )

In any event - let's say I create 3 setting-specific exts. Do I load all 3 and then code each one so they refer to each other? Or so I code all three so they refer to each other BUT only load one? I dislike the "refer to each other" thing in general but in any one person's case it would be safe since you know what you got.

To me it seems that AdventureDeckConfig should serve the purpose of allowing it to be modified for your specific group of extensions without changing the extensions themselves? But right now, unlike the what the guide indicates, this only has 2 directories and they are empty.