PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 player Saturdays or Sundays Central Standard time (after noonish to whenever)

Dreamsfear
April 19th, 2020, 04:41
FG License: Ultimate license of unity, would have to download demo in classic
Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Looking for a weekly game, sometime after noonish CST until whenever on Saturdays or Sundays (Sundays preferred)
Term: If the group is fun I would love long term but would play by ear.
Voice: Voice chat a must for me, I've used programs like ventrillo, TS, skype, discord, line, and so many others

Game System Preferred: I've been out of D&D for around a decade ish so just getting back into the swing and would like for 5e play
Game System Experience: I do have a decent understanding just not a confident one with 5e ruleset
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Been playing with it nightly, watching tutorial vids etc for a couple weeks now. So not fast by any means but still most certainly trying to learn it. So far I love it.

Character Type Preferred: I don't really prefer to play any certain character. I like to play whatever the group needs. Typically that means a healer as of late but willing to play anything really.

About me: So this should be fun. 36, married, work in a factory as a welder and sheet metal professional. I almost have a physics degree so contrary to popular belief factory workers can be somewhat intelligent but the bright side is I can be mindlessly dumb to...best of both worlds I suppose? I have 0 kids and all in all, I live a relatively boring life as of late. I did so much more in my 20's that I feel like maybe I just got all of it out of my system as far as experiences and mistakes. Now I just enjoy my free time with people who are open to laughing and I rather enjoy my wife's company as well. If only I could get her to play nerdy games with me then life would be complete. I don't offer perfection and in return I don't demand it. I do however get slightly irritated with being late and the like so if we set a time I really don't want to have to wait an hour and a half to get started. I spent 4 years Marine Corps infantry, I've been to many countries, fire fights, jumped out of perfectly good planes and other moving vehicles. Moved around a lot, I have a whole plethora of experiences and stories.

Some of what I expect in game play...well laughs really. Good times, corny, fun, just whatever. I do tend to do a little drinking sometimes when I play but not sloppy (most of the time). I don't dig the murder all the things characters, I enjoy a little bit of group drama (in game ofcourse) but ultimately the group working together is ideal. I can dig puzzlers, combat slaughter houses, dungeon crawlers, political turmoil campaigns. Chances are if you're the DM and you're passionate about the story I can feed off that vibe. I can also engage other group members and hopefully help pull them into the game. The first session or two will be awkward, probably like you're trying to pick up a girl at the play ground with a half hearted and soft spoken "heeeyyy" awkward, but as in all things in life if there's any chemistry and common ground that will quickly be water under the bridge. I try voices but I'm not very good at them so they don't come out often but i certainly enjoy the role play side of all this, so there's that. So yea...if you stuck around for my novel thank you, hope it wasn't too horribly boring and I don't tend to be at the PC until very late night on weekdays or most of the day on weekends. I work 2nd shift btw...pertinent info so 2pm-12am CST. But you can more than likely catch me on discord as it's on my phone @ Dreamsfear#9484