PDA

View Full Version : Tokens Moving without player/dm interaction

benird
April 18th, 2020, 12:38
Hi all,

I just finished running an online game with password and the most frustrating thing began happening in the last hour of the game. All of the PC tokens began moving uncontrolled. We'd put one down and then it would move, move it back and a different one would move. I can confidently say it was none of my players doing this. Is this a known issue or is it more likely that there was an additional connection that I wasn't aware of as the DM?

If there was an unknown/uninvited player is there a way to see who's connected to the game?

Sorry only just jumping in on the Unity playtest with a new campaign while in COVID lockdown. I've been playing and running in Classic for about 3 years

benird
April 18th, 2020, 12:51
I've reviewed the console log and chatlogs for the campaign and there's no record of others connecting to the game.

LordEntrails
April 18th, 2020, 18:13
Never heard of such a thing. Perhaps it was a case of very bad lag?

benird
April 19th, 2020, 10:19
Definitely not bad lag, it happened constantly through a verbal encounter while the map was shared with the players, no player or DM interaction with the map for the hour, other than me moving the tokens back and then they'd move off in a random direction. I think I've got line of sight turned on, so maybe related, I'm not sure.