PDA

View Full Version : Fate Core

ShadoWWW
April 18th, 2020, 07:06
Hello,

I and a friend of mine tried Fantasy Grounds (Classic) with Fate Core Ruleset yesterday. We like it, and have few questions and suggestions.

NPCs
It's common in our sessions, NPCs are two types – nameless NPCs and main NPCs. Nameless NPC has Competence, Purpose, one or two Aspects, Skills, and no or just few Stresses. Main NPCs are more like PCs, they have more Aspects and Skills, more Stess boxes and few Stunts. As you can see in my attached screen shot, an NPC in FG has nothing like Aspects, Skills, Purpose and Competence.
GM could list them on the Notes tab, but they are so essential to us for NPCs that we really need them on the Main tab. They are much more important for NPCs than equipment or languages. For more details on creating and playing opposiotion (NPCs) in Fate Core, you can check this link (https://fate-srd.com/fate-core/creating-and-playing-opposition).

Another important thing is hidden Aspects. Some or all NPC's Aspects are usually hidden at the beginning, and players can detect them during the game. We couldn't find, where we could give the NPC such hidden Aspects, and reveal them one by one to players.

Link headings
This is not so important, but nice to have. We would appreciate two things in the maps:
1) Posibility to write text on the map by typing, and not just by drawing or linking text in Notes.
2) An option to turn on/off headings above the links in the map to be displayed not only when you hover your mouse over the links.

Generally, we are satisfied with the Fate Core ruleset in FG, much more than on Roll20. Those things above, especially those with NPCs, would make playing of Fate Core on FG a lot easier.