PDA

View Full Version : NotePad++ macros?

Varsuuk
April 18th, 2020, 05:32
I used to use this back in PAR5E days.

I recall I used to highlight lines and hit ctrl-# etc to join lines (LRF) and a few other functions (memory terrible)

Is that still a thing? Some macro I remember getting from here - either Zeus or Zach, if I recall.

Making an Adventure Deck for my WotD and cut and paste from the PDF... you know... ;)

damned
April 18th, 2020, 07:22
ctrl+j

Varsuuk
April 18th, 2020, 07:41
That's what I thought I remembered but it did nothing.

FG-CRLF-Num2 in macros does the removing for the whole file it looks like. Obviously, from the name it was installed for FG. I recall loading a file with SEVERAL macros that would setup various PAR5E "tags" as well as removing the LFs. Like XXXX-1 did table template (made up the -1, no idea what it was)

Zacchaeus
April 18th, 2020, 09:45
I think you may be thinking of this. Uses a program called Autohotkey? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21964-PAR5E-Tutorial&p=185550&viewfull=1#post185550

As Damned says above CTRL+J will create a paragraph out of the selected text in notepad itself.

Varsuuk
April 18th, 2020, 22:29
FRIGGING Windows ;)

OK again thanks Damned - I was like "but... it didn't work!" I TRIED ctr-j before posting. I use ctrl-j all the time when working (Linux development, vi etc) but nope.
Just worked when retried now. Of course, the reason I retried after seriously restarting and retryinfg about 6-8 times last night - is that my PC self rebooted. I keep a zillion pages open and many apps too... (32GB mem, though have more on my macbook)

Worked as expected now.

Glad I ended up having to post though since I forgot all about Autohotkey. Will need to look at it again to remind myself what can use it for. I don't need it for this, but still.
Since my macbook cannot use this for my FG dev (I dev in MACOS but test in Parallels Windows10 with links to sources because not yet moving to my new Unity for bit) I tried a couple and now seem to be liking the features of Sublime. Still haven't been "sold" literally (since still using trial one past date - once I decide will give up Eclipse for this (due to lua lookup definition options) then will officially buy it.

If anyone loves a lua/xml editing app in Mac, holler here :)