PDA

View Full Version : Are there updated instructions for creating custom adventure decks?

Varsuuk
April 18th, 2020, 04:26
I was trying to follow along with the AdventureDeck.ext documentation (from docs dir of FG)

It refers to copying the DLReloaded card set, but I do not see that. Looking in the ext, I see only the base SWD and SWADE sets.
I own ALL the DLR things in the bundle, never saw a card set sold separately. Was it originally there then removed?
I recall having some PDF of them. I intended to use the PDF I have of WotD to make a new deck for that but I was going to follow along with the docs first to learn stuff.

From docs:

Configuring new card sets
To create and configure a new card set, you need to adjust the “adventuredeckconfig.lua” file.
The quickest way to do this is to open up the file and copy and paste one of the card sets (for
instance, DLReloadedCards) so that you have an extra copy of it in the file:
DLReloadedCards = {
["QuickFuneral"] = { name = "Quick Funeral", effect = "Play on any
character that...", image = "refimage.cards.quickfuneral@Adventure
Deck" },
}
Then change the name (DLReloadedCards) of this copy to another, unique value (such as
MyCustomCards), and adjust the cards assigned to that card set by copying and pasting in lines . For
example, to add in a couple more cards into our card set, we might edit the entry to:
MyCustomCards = {
["QuickFuneral"] = { name = "Quick Funeral", effect = "Play on any
character that...", image = "refimage.cards.quickfuneral@Adventure
Deck" },
["Ace"] = { name = "Ace", effect = "Play instead of...", image =
"refimage.cards.ace@Adventure Deck"},
["NobleSavage"] = { name = "Noble Savage", effect = "Your
character may add...", image = "refimage.cards.noblesavage@Adventure
Deck" },
}
Note that each card should be on its own line, with a comma at the end of the line. Also note that
effects have been truncated in the examples above simply for brevity – you should be including the
full effect text for each card.
The second thing you need to do before this will appear within Fantasy Grounds to to add your new
card set as an available deck. This is done further down the adventuredeckconfig.lua file, where you
should see a section like this:
AdventureDecks = {

Varsuuk
April 18th, 2020, 04:33
Ooo... just saw an ENTRY in the .lua. I was looking for a DIRECTORY called DLRReloaded.

Doswelk
April 18th, 2020, 08:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEAkMFsuruA&t=11s

Varsuuk
April 19th, 2020, 22:21
Is it possible in the name/effect/image section to include markup to make the text in "effect" section bolded?

If you look at the card, you will see what I was shooting for.

Also - I see after troubleshooting my not seeing full sized cards in my extension (please see my other EXT/video thread - I have a followup question there) I noticed there is some code in the "do not edit" section that passes modifiers to chat when click/use card. Will check that using regular card set but if can answer "gist" of it, that would be great. Is it used to set a value in modifier box for you? I believe one of them affects your bennies is it was way to automate the removal of one?

Cool stuff.

Varsuuk
April 19th, 2020, 22:29
OK - tried it in reg non-WotD extension: Got an "ExtraEffort" and it worked real cool. It rolls a d6 when I played it.
However, I could not drag the die-roll result to modifiers nor did it "automagically" add the result (3) to my next trait roll.

I suppose then that once it rolls we should manually change modifier to 3 (+3) vs dragging the die-result box with 3 in it?

lozanoje
April 20th, 2020, 10:28
I was trying to follow along with the AdventureDeck.ext documentation (from docs dir of FG)

Maybe you might find this useful:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53301-Adventure-Deck-Customizer-for-SWADE

Varsuuk
April 20th, 2020, 18:10
Nice!

I am at work but will check once done “at the office” (ie Den)

I am doing this for SWD but I’m sure they are comparable.

Thanks!

Varsuuk
April 22nd, 2020, 07:21
OK - didn't have time to set it up but it might have saved me a bit of time with my resizing ;)

Anyhow will have to download the R stuff etc to try it.

Varsuuk
April 22nd, 2020, 07:24
One more question - not going to start another thread since related:

If I want to add for example, some of the cards from Default SWD deck to my WotD deck, do I have to copy all the entries from the ext file to the new word.ext file? Or do I just copy the adventure lua card refs (referencing proper adventure card ext location) and define "sets" with both in them or do I have to copy ALL the things from the cards I want including graphics.xml, client.xml, adventure card.lua etc.

Not sure asking right but short version: How do I create a deck with both my custom cards and a SUBSET of std SWD cards? Copy and paste all relevant or just some set definitions?