PDA

View Full Version : LOS not working on the DM side

tiilikainen
April 18th, 2020, 03:21
Hi folks,

Using the 5E ruleset. I've enabled LOS mode, and dragged PCs from the combat tracker onto a map ("Map - Death House" from Curse of Strahd) and enabled LOS. The players have LOS, but I don't see the LOS that they see, so I'm left to guess at what their line of sight actually is. I recollect that things were working normally as of the last patch. Am I doing something wrong? The characters are exploring the house, and they aren't in combat, but I've tried advancing the combat round to different players' turns and that hasn't made LOS work for me.

Any thoughts?

Wolfspyder
April 18th, 2020, 04:15
Hello tiilikainen, I experienced the same thing a couple of days ago. I tried it again yesterday and today and it was working fine for me. If it occurs again, you may want to restart FGU. If I can get it to occur again I will try and pay more attention to what I did beforehand to pass along the info to Smiteworks.

tiilikainen
April 18th, 2020, 04:18
So I wonder if something changed in the file format. I had to revert the map, but once I did it my LOS magically worked.

TheDarkMantle
April 19th, 2020, 00:13
I haven't tried this with a player connected, but I've had the LOS stop working quite a bit on me.

I was editing a map, adding the LOS data to it. It's a decent sized map I made on another website. Then I switched to play mode and added a token to it. Nothing happened. I can't see LOS at all, if I turn it on, or off. Nothing appears.

Then I restart FGU and it will work ok. Unless I edit the LOS data again. I went in to fix something that didn't work quite right, and then I couldn't test it, until I quit FGU and restarted. This has happened three times today.

Mac OS Mojave

TheDarkMantle
April 19th, 2020, 04:32
Here's what I have been seeing. It happens quite often to me. 4 or 5 times today. I made a short, 35 second video of it.

https://monosnap.com/file/xSW8WgPI2clhH0QPNCuCsv8rwZ6aO8

daargrim
July 30th, 2022, 14:47
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the exact same problem in recent sessions. I can't see the players LOS preview anymore.

I'll get it for brief seconds sometimes, but when I select anything or move anything it goes away again.

LordEntrails
July 30th, 2022, 16:30
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the exact same problem in recent sessions. I can't see the players LOS preview anymore.

I'll get it for brief seconds sometimes, but when I select anything or move anything it goes away again.
Can you provide logs, and a campaign with steps to reproduce?