PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Card Quick Deal Not Working

tpkurilla
April 18th, 2020, 01:55
Greetings!

I've purchased the Adventure Deck for a campaign we're starting this weekend.

So far, there are two issues with the extension:

1) When I drop an Adventure Card on a character in the Combat Tracker, it throws and error, and locks up FGC for a bit. It eventually came back, but seems bad. Solution: don't do that! Would be nice if it didn't send FGC catatonic.

2) Adventure Card Quick Deal, as described in the PDF, does not appear on the character entries in the Character Selection List. So, "No Quick Deal For You!". Any idea if I'm just missing something?

Final comment, cards dropped into chat window in FGU frequently do not detect when they're clicked on, and so never pop up to where the card can be read. Presumably this should be reported elsewhere?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Ikael
April 18th, 2020, 08:12
Greetings!

I've purchased the Adventure Deck for a campaign we're starting this weekend.

So far, there are two issues with the extension:

1) When I drop an Adventure Card on a character in the Combat Tracker, it throws and error, and locks up FGC for a bit. It eventually came back, but seems bad. Solution: don't do that! Would be nice if it didn't send FGC catatonic.

2) Adventure Card Quick Deal, as described in the PDF, does not appear on the character entries in the Character Selection List. So, "No Quick Deal For You!". Any idea if I'm just missing something?

Final comment, cards dropped into chat window in FGU frequently do not detect when they're clicked on, and so never pop up to where the card can be read. Presumably this should be reported elsewhere?

Thanks for any help in advance!

1) error was fixed in upcoming SavageWorlds 5.2 version but still you cannot give Adventure Cards via dropping to CT, that is not supported but at least now you don't get the error.

2) the reason why CT drop is not supported is because Adventure Cards are only for PCs while CT can have other entities as well. The main way to quickly give Adventure Cards to players is to drag and drop Adventure Card from deck into PC portrait on top left corner. This is the defacto way to give other resources such as bennies and play cards to PCs

3) to open it from chats you need to click the left side icon. That is the link. That's how FG links work in chat.

tpkurilla
April 18th, 2020, 18:11
Thanks for the update, Ikael.

Regarding point 3, I tried clicking all over the icon. Works perfectly in FGC, only worked on one card for me in FGU.

My methodology was to start visibly outside the icon above, and click every few pixels down across the icon. Do this every few pixels from left to right.

Then, starting visibly outside to the left, while moving across to the right, click every few pixels until past the right side...do this top to bottom.

You may have a specific area designated, but no area anywhere on or near the icon, top, bottom, left, or right works.

Again, one click, flawless in FGC.

Until this aspect is addressed, I can only use the Adventure Deck in FGC.

I look forward to the new version, and will give it a try when it shows.

Ikael
April 19th, 2020, 00:50
Thanks for the update, Ikael.

Regarding point 3, I tried clicking all over the icon. Works perfectly in FGC, only worked on one card for me in FGU.

My methodology was to start visibly outside the icon above, and click every few pixels down across the icon. Do this every few pixels from left to right.

Then, starting visibly outside to the left, while moving across to the right, click every few pixels until past the right side...do this top to bottom.

You may have a specific area designated, but no area anywhere on or near the icon, top, bottom, left, or right works.

Again, one click, flawless in FGC.

Until this aspect is addressed, I can only use the Adventure Deck in FGC.

I look forward to the new version, and will give it a try when it shows.

This seems to be FGU issue, could you report this bug in FGU threads. These sort of things are something that ruleset developers cannot do themselves.

tpkurilla
April 19th, 2020, 01:59
I thought so, thanks for the help.

Varsuuk
April 19th, 2020, 04:15
Since I only just started messing with these and was just reading that doc yesterday - I think I know what he means. I too went to the Char screen as shown in the doc pictures. I didn't see the AdvCard area shown on the doc (bottom right) nor for that matter the implied Bennie area but didn't check that.

I discovered how to give them because it was pretty obvious but the doc did point to "quick deal" method I was just testing to see what that was.