PDA

View Full Version : FGU and RMC maps & Images won't load

Gonzo7807
April 17th, 2020, 20:30
Good afternoon,

Been struggling with this for several hours now and haven't found a solution. I have the map image in the correct folder (at least I'm pretty sure I do) but it will not show up in my interface in the Images and Maps window.

Currently I have the map image residing within the "Images" folder in my campaign folder.

I've tried every solution I could find via your instructions, videos, forums and general google search and have had no luck

thank you

Edit: I should mention I tried Pathfinder and had the maps importing just fine, this seems to be a Rolemaster specific issue for me.

LordEntrails
April 18th, 2020, 00:17
MOD: Moved to FGU Playtest forum.

Sulimo
April 18th, 2020, 00:30
You might post over in the RMC forum (or have this moved there).

I am not sure how well RMC works with Unity at the moment.

I know Dakadin is working on it, not sure if this is a known issue or not.

The RMC 1.8 version will probably not work the same in Unity as other rulesets because it is not based on CoreRPG.

The new RMC 2.0 is based on CoreRPG, but is still in the test channel, so not sure if this specific function would work or not.

I can give it a try later (after work) to see what I can come up with.

Sulimo
April 18th, 2020, 03:19
I tried it out.

It does not seem to work regardless of RM version. Both 1.8 and 2.0 behave the same.

It does not matter where I place the image file; either FG\Images or FG\Campaign\<campaignname>\images, the images do not show up. I tried different file extensions for the images as well, with no luck.

I am not getting any errors, just no images.

I also tried copying in an existing campaign I had (from FGC), and strangely the images (in FG\Campaigns\<campaignname>\images\) do show up, but not new images copied to the same location.

The Console logs don't show any errors that I can see (both logs were the same).

[4/17/2020 7:01:15 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-17)
[4/17/2020 7:01:15 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[4/17/2020 7:01:32 PM] Starting cloud server mode. [Sulimo]
[4/17/2020 7:01:35 PM] Game server started. [x.x.x.x]
[4/17/2020 7:01:35 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[4/17/2020 7:01:35 PM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[4/17/2020 7:01:35 PM] Tabletop scene starting.

Gonzo7807
April 18th, 2020, 11:32
Thanks for confirming. I thought I was losing my mind and slightly embarrassed I was missing something very obvious.

The joys of being a fan of a more obscure system.

Sulimo
April 18th, 2020, 19:01
Thanks for confirming. I thought I was losing my mind and slightly embarrassed I was missing something very obvious.

The joys of being a fan of a more obscure system.

I had a thought, this morning I remembered that FGU uses the Assets Window instead of Images.

So I had already copied an image to the Images folder. I opened the Assets Windows (Tokens box), and selected Images. At that point I saw the Image I had copied to the FG\Images Folder.

From there, you would normally drag/drop to the Images and Maps window, but it does not appear to be working in RM1.8.

I did try it out in FGU with RM2.0 and it does actually work.

A couple of screen shots below.

I'll let the ruleset developer know about the issue with RM1.8.

Dakadin
April 19th, 2020, 01:31
Hi Gonzo7807,

As Sulimo, pointed out it is because RMC v1.8 isn't based on CoreRPG and FGU changed the way that images are handled. There is a new version 2.0 on the test channel that is based on CoreRPG and the images can be added using the Assets window. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Gonzo7807
April 19th, 2020, 02:42
thank you very much,

I think I got a handle on it. I'll let you know if I hit a snag.

Gonzo